GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script KKA's Unenforceability Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KKA's Unenforceability Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Roger View Post

Its a problem because you haven't maintained Diary and entries.
    Is this the same one that you sent a LBA to Howard Cohen before?
    Is this the one where your S.78 response was Un Enforceable?
    Under the new system you don't send a LBA. But can you confirm the above!

If you haven't sent a CCA s.78 Now is the time to do this https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/for...mplate-letters
    Send to HPH with £1 and a copy to Howard Cohen. The reference is HPH's (not Egg nor Barclaycard)

Now would be a good time to send SAR to Barclaycard cost £10
    As regards the Letter Of Claim read here https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/for...-debt-claimers

It is difficult to advise without knowing more details.
    Did Cohen send anything with that Letter?
    If the didn't then you can tick BOX D
    and cite that this Letter "does not comply with the new PAP's"

You have started a Diary with #104
    But you haven't shown any detailed information Read this https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/for...-read-me-first
    • Type of account (credit card/loan)
    • Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007)
    • Approx balance
    • Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment)
    • Are you on arrangement or not paying
    • Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date)
    • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender)

You now need to update and maintain this.
    Last edited by Roger; 8 January 2018, 16:09. Reason: typos

Comment

• Roger
      Thank you for the reply.
      To confirm - this is not the same as the previous entry when i sent a LBA to Howard Cohen.
      I had 2 Egg cards - this one has never been mentioned in my diary entry.

To confirm i will send a CCAs.78 as advised to HPH and a copy to Howard Cohen.

The letter from Howard Cohen included an information sheet, reply form and income/expenditure form.
      Should any of this be completed - or just the CCA sent?

Thankyou for the link explaining the process and sorry for confusing matters.
      • Type of account (CREDIT CARD)
      • Date commenced (APRIL 2002)
      • Approx balance (£2300)
      • Date last paid (MID 2011)
      • Are you on arrangement or not paying (NOT PAYING)
      • Status (DEFAULTED MARCH 2014)
      • Account owner (HPH & HOWARD COHEN SOLICITORS)
      Please let me know if you require any additional information?
      Best Regards
      KKA

Comment

• Originally posted by KKA View Post
        Roger
        Thank you for the reply.
        To confirm - this is not the same as the previous entry when i sent a LBA to Howard Cohen.
        I had 2 Egg cards - this one has never been mentioned in my diary entry.

To confirm i will send a CCAs.78 as advised to HPH and a copy to Howard Cohen.

The letter from Howard Cohen included an information sheet, reply form and income/expenditure form.

• Approx balance (£2300)
        Please let me know if you require any additional information?
        Best Regards
        KKA

If you look at https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/for...claimers/page3
        Niddy sets out what they should have sent you!

Niddy "..Actually, I said it is up to you what you do - I have received one myself and ignored it because it did not comply with the new PAP's .."

Also look at Di at #33
        5th December 2017, 18:20

Is worth reading because this is below £10,000
        ".. I expect the balance will be to ask for some but not all if you are a LIP. .."

Its your choice over the Letter Of Claim whether you reply or NOT BUT SEND off the CCA S.78 and copy to Howard Cohen ! Whilst this is outstanding they can't Sue!
        I think that a SAR on Barclays would also be useful here!

Good Luck and Update your Diary entry with the above!

Comment

• Approx balance (£2300)

Before you do anything can you clarify the date of your last payment since your post suggests it may have been in 2011. If that’s the case, and you’ve not acknowledged the debt since then, it may be Statute Barred.

However you also say that the account wasn’t defaulted until March 2014 which is very late if you ceased payments about three years before. The DN remedy date or the date the account was defaulted can impact on SB so a little more information will help.

What is the date on the Letter Before Claim because you have 30 days to reply (or not) so don’t rush things until you’re certain of what to do.

Di

Comment

• Di
            The last full payment was made in 2011, i then entered a reduced payment arrangement which was partially maintained until roughly the end of 2013.
            Payments were then stopped to all creditors and the default date for this debt is March 2014.
            I have slightly missed the reply date due to the xmas break so going to get the CCA s.78 out and await a response.
            Best Regards
            KKA

Comment

• It isn’t statute barred as you were paying a reduced sum until the end of 2013.
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I have slightly missed the reply date due to the xmas break so going to get the CCA s.78 out and await a response.

What was the date on the Letter Before Claim since you have 30 days to reply? You posted you'd received it on your thread on 21st December so have you missed the deadline?

Send the s 77-79 CCA Request but also return the LBC response form otherwise they will issue a claim. Tick box D stating that you dispute the debt.

Di

Comment

• DI
                  Thanks for the advice, yes unfortunately i have missed the deadline date so will also return the claim form stating that i dispute.
                  Will keep you updated with responses.
                  Best Regards
                  KKA

Comment

• Hi
                    Just to confirm, received a response from Robinson Way stating they have requested copies of statements/agreements as requested and the account will be put on hold until they can supply the information.
                    Will keep you updated with any further info.
                    Thanks for the help.
                    KKA

Comment

Di
                      I contacted the courts today and the status of the claim is stayed.
                      Will sit tight and see what comes next.
                      Thanks very much for your help on this one.
                      KKA
                      Hi guys, just to update the status on this one, had a letter back from Arrow stating that on a commercial basis, and to minimise the costs of litigation, they shall not be proceeding in this case. the debt however remains due and they will continue to report the default pertaining to this case to the credit references agencies, until the expiry of the same. Di, just to say thanks again for your time and phone call last year to assist in submitting a defence. Very much appreciated. KKA

Comment

• That is great news KKA - Well done to all who assisted

I am hoping that they will send you the odd begging letter and leave you to drift past the SB post with this.......Good to hear
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

had a letter back from Arrow stating that on a commercial basis, and to minimise the costs of litigation, they shall not be proceeding in this case. . . . .

Di, just to say thanks again for your time and phone call last year to assist in submitting a defence. Very much appreciated. KKA
                          This is excellent news!

We were happy to help

Restons solicitors should now serve you (send in the post) with a Notice of Discontinuance and file a copy with the court to state that they've done that.

I would leave it a few days then call NCCBC to see if that's happened.

Arrow may have decided not to proceed but the proceedings are live until or unless the court is told otherwise. If Arrow/Restons do nothing then the claim remains stayed and they can resurrect it another day.

I'm sure all is well but it's worth checking.

I'm glad this is over for you.

Di

Comment

Working...
                          X