GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Storage Company not playing ball - Grr - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Storage Company not playing ball - Grr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storage Company not playing ball - Grr

Hi all,

After a bit of a mess around with a storage company where I have been storing essentially my old house - I have found out that I no longer have access to the unit and that there may be significant amounts missing from the unit due toontent them attempting to Sell the contents of the unit after I had an issue where all my DD's & SO's were deleted - And the payment to them was via SO and I hadn't clicked that this one was still missing - tbf I did have more important things to worry about at the time too.

Also for some reason they wrote to my old address, which they knew wasnt a suitable mailing address - No Calls either and it was by luck that the Accounts manager actually emailed me saying that the goods were to be valued for sale - At which point I contacted her directly and arranged a payment agreement however I didn't think that I needed to go and access the unit to confirm that all the items where there.

However yesterday I went to go the unit to find that I couldn't get in and then contacted the unit manager to determine why.
    He then passed me off onto another colleague of his, apparently the Area Manager, with who I could arrange access to the unit who then very quickly emailed me an "Inventory" of the unit - And safe to say there is a considerable amount that seems to be missing from this to what was actually there so even more-so now I want to gain access to the unit.

I am meant to be making a payment to them today however I feel its not unreasonable to withhold this payment until I am able to access the unit as per a normal customer-company relationship - especially as they are requesting that the unit is emptied by the end of January.

I however expect them to kick up a fuss about this and I'm wondering what the steps would be after that point - I'm thinking that if I threatened them with Small Claims Court for the sold/lost goods then they may become more reasonable

Though tbh I'm just at a loss with this - Just want to stop having these little things wrapped up so I can get on with life again :-)
    I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Re: Storage Company not playing ball - Grr

Well I finally collected the remains of the unit - needless to say that finding all of my furniture - so 3 beds & mattress's 2 Wardrobes 3 sets of Chest of drawers, 2 dining tables and 4 chairs, a computer desk and Office Chair and many many boxes filled of kitchen stuff and other various household stuffs (including toolsets and car maintenance equipment) I'm vastly out of pocket.

All the above alone would equal a minimum of £800 to replace if not actually somewhere closer to £1300.

So i'm going to start a chargeback via Co-op as I made payment via my debit card to them. Oh the fun that is in store for me eh.
    I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Working...
    X