GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script letter to accept quote for repair - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

letter to accept quote for repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• letter to accept quote for repair

So, life in emotional toilet right now, and as things happen i scraped a car when reversing out of space in dr car park.

my fault, accepted blame.

so, chap got a quote for the damage - 150+vat which is way lower than my excess so best to go outside insurance and write him a cheque.

However, friend advised giving the cheque on basis that cashing it is in F&F of the damage and he can't come back to me afterwards for anything not quoted or injury etc?

Only wording i can find online is that for the US and a notary does it.

Re: letter to accept quote for repair

Paid as Full & Final Settlement to the aforesaid Claim? would be a possible good one for them to sign.?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
      Paid as Full & Final Settlement to the aforesaid Claim? would be a possible good one for them to sign.?
      yes that's the one

Comment

Hi Mal,
        Not sure what your excess is mate, but one of the benefits of letting the insurance deal with this is there would be no come back on you because they would have their own assessor approve the job before they get it repaired.
        Sorry that's not much help!
        When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SA Gold View Post
          Hi Mal,
          Not sure what your excess is mate, but one of the benefits of letting the insurance deal with this is there would be no come back on you because they would have their own assessor approve the job before they get it repaired.
          Sorry that's not much help!
          But the car owner said the insurance company will write it off given the age of the car (02 plate KA) and he doesn't want it written off.

Comment

Originally posted by malamute View Post
            But the car owner said the insurance company will write it off given the age of the car (02 plate KA) and he doesn't want it written off.
            I know people who have settled in similar situations and never heard anything back and everyone is happy, but its your call mate.
            When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

I would write to him first seeking his signature that he agrees to the payment in full and final, I would message niddy so that he can draft a form for you then once you get this form back signed by the owner you can then go ahead and forward payment safe in the knowledge he has no come back.

Comment

Just be really careful. Ive been in so many accidents where the other driver claims this and that, and wants to go outside the insurers, its generally because they have no insurance.

Im sure it will be fine for you, just be aware of what could happen if you don't cover yourself.

Comment

Working...
                X