GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Car Insurance Rip-Off Renewal Price..... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car Insurance Rip-Off Renewal Price.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Insurance Rip-Off Renewal Price.....

Just had my daughter's renewal quote come in at £1,258 Up somewhat from the £579 she paid last year, even though no claims were made, etc.

Needless to say, she's not accepting that! Went online yesterday and got a new quote somewhere else for £330!

That's nearly £1K difference for exactly the same cover.... and has to be our top saving to date!!

Unreal.....
    Remember the mantra:
    NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
    Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
    Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Car Insurance Rip-Off Renewal Price.....

Just had the same with public liability insurance. Need £5000000 cover for schools nursing homes public buildings etc. Renewal came in for £637.51. Asked broker to shop around. Now coming in at £376, with the same insurer! Posted acceptance this morning.

Comment

What a bloody rip off eh?
      Remember the mantra:

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

That is the way they work, 2 years now I scout around and find cheaper than my renewal quote, when challenged they ignore, BUT the other area I found happened last year a quote on comparison site was high I thought? so I went to the same Insurers own site and low & behold £50.00 cheaper than comparison/cash back site who offered £40.00 cash back, well I now as I use to check all ways,

My renewal on the House insurance is £20.00 cheaper with new company with the extras i.e. Home emergency & legal than the quote from last years insurer for the same> asked them why and they try to fob me off stating I moved homes = and new price increase due to the move late last year But I asked why, I moved from a 3 bedrrom house to a semi-detached bungalow no significant response, not renewing then.

Comment

It's there way of saying we don't want to insure you anymore. Happens all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
            That is the way they work, 2 years now I scout around and find cheaper than my renewal quote, when challenged they ignore, BUT the other area I found happened last year a quote on comparison site was high I thought? so I went to the same Insurers own site and low & behold £50.00 cheaper than comparison/cash back site who offered £40.00 cash back, well I now as I use to check all ways,
            I have also done this..... car breakdown was cheaper on the actual AA site than through Topcashback..... and car insurance has worked out cheaper for myself this way too.
            Remember the mantra:

Comment

Working...
            X