GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclay's Basic Account Application - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclay's Basic Account Application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclay's Basic Account Application

I posted before about people being more likely to be accepted for one of these if they picked up a from from their branch and sent it in.

Barclays now have a new criterion, so still pick up your form from your local branch, BUT when you submit it, it MUST be accompanied by a letter stating why you couldn't pick it up in person from your local branch.

Good reasons may include:
    Need to stay at home to care for someone or due to own disability.
    Shift work prohibits you getting into the branch.
    Normal working hours stop you getting to a branch.

I am advised by a branch manager that medical reasons are more likely to be accepted than others, so thinking caps on folks - let's come up with some good reasons!

Re: Barclay's Basic Account Application

What is this? A bank cannot refuse an application based on how you applied.

I'm confused as to the relevance; you can apply via phone, Internet or in branch for EVERY Barclays account. The way you get a basic account online is to request a pack via contact us.

Whatever the above is about, is not only unlawful but also prejudice.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Could well be, but it is what I was told by a manager of the aforementioned bank.

Comment

That sounds utterly nuts.

Not heard of any of that re Barclays basic accounts before.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by BBoo View Post
          Could well be, but it is what I was told by a manager of the aforementioned bank.
          I think you've just been had mate. Only mistake you made was believing a bank mate
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I wasn't applying for it, I've already got a parachute with them. I'll enquire further next time I'm there and see what they say. I agree it sounds crazy.

Easily tested, I'll get someone to apply without the letter who should be accepted and see what happens.

Comment

OK - I've had a friend apply for one of these accounts, and they were successful - no problems!

It would appear the lady at my local branch is talking excrement from the nether regions of a bovine animal.

Comment

Can I apply for this account, as in get the application form, and return it, without seeing an actual advisor to be judged for my lack of credit worthiness?

Comment

ah ok, well I only work 3 days usually a week, and i've opted to work mon-weds, so tomorrow i may as well be brave enough to venture into my local and try get this account.

Comment

ooooooh a proper debit card!!!!!!!

I'll let you know what happens

Comment

Working...
                    X