GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Roger UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roger UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• as SW says just chillax and see what comes next x
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

As this is apparently the first follow up letter from Cabot, if it was me, I would not send a SWID just yet as they are not threatening. I know some others prefer to let the creditor know early on, so they can't be accused of ignoring the matter. Looks like you have less than a year to SB, so stringing it out is vital.
      Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
      as SW says just chillax and see what comes next x
      Will follow your advice thank you. Roger

Comment

• Originally posted by Roger View Post
        Re: Roger UE Diary

Intelligent Finance (Halifax)
        Type of account : Credit Card
        Date commenced : Apl 2006
        Approx balance : £2,100
        Date last paid : Feb 2012
        Are you on arrangement or not paying: Was on an arrangement
        Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date) : Default
        Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender): Halifax

I used templates available elsewhere on the Internet with Halifax
        Apr 2014 Halifax sent me s.78 CCA (at their instigation) which Niddy has seen
        It's
        I have a letter dated 2014 " I can confirm when we receive your signed credit agreement, we scan it and keep a copy electronically. We then destroy the original."
        All has been quiet apart from year statements till now.
        Halifax Oct 2015 "However I have just received a letter saying they have instructed Wescot Credit Services Ltd to arrange collection of the outstanding balance"
        Wescot's letter 18 / 11/ 2015 ".. we have been instructed by our client, Halifax Credit Card.."
        AAD advised "Not to respond, see what they send next, keep Us updated"
        Wescot reminder (undated) arrived 26/11 "We wrote to you recently.." Have NOT replied.
        Wescot letter arrived Dec 2015 "our enquiries have confirmed you are resident at the address above but we have not yet had contact from you". Have NOT replied
        Wescot letter arrived Dec 2015 ""We have written to you on several occasions asking you to contact us, however to date we have not received a response. In an attempt to close this matter our client has agreed we can offer you a discount to settle this account .." ".. We have previously outlined the benefits of contacting us, however should you choose not to our client has instructed us to continue seeking recovery of the full balance".
        "..If we are unable to discuss this matter with you and agree a way forward on your account it will be returned to our client.."
        DEC 2015 Recorded Delivery s.78 Request
        to WESTCOT
        JAN 2016 2F (WESCOT)
        "Confirmation of Residency"
        JAN 2016 2F at phone won't prove ID

MAR 2016 HALIFAX " ..we've transferred your HALIFAX debt to debt collection agency. Moorcroft.." There is an Outstanding s.78 with WESCOT
        MAR 2016 MOORCROFT ".. We have been instructed by HALIFAX.." ".. Both our client and we do not wish to take further debt recovery action but if agreement cannot be reached by 28/03/16 we may have no alternative.."
        APR 2016 MOORCROFT " Automated phone calls (2) ."

APR 2016 MOORCROFT ".. To prevent possible further debt recovery action.." ".. If you do not contact us..we may .. recommend to our clients that they consider possible further debt recovery action against you .."
        APR 2016 MOORCROFT ".. MONTHLY INSTALMENT OFFER .."
        MAY 2016 MOORCROFT ".As no agreement has been reached we have now been asked to review your account to consider the steps which MAY be taken.."
        # "..Continue in our attempts to contact you by letter and phone"
        # "..arrange to call at your home address.."
        # "..continued adverse reporting on your credit file"

MAY 2016 MOORCROFT "..Account passed to Home Collections Division .."
        # "..MAY involve a local rep calling.."
        # "..MAY offer a substantial discount.."
        # "..if can't afford MAY still help.."

JUN 2016 MOORCROFT "..DISCOUNT OFFER.. Our client MAY be able to offer a substantial discount .."
        AUG 2016 HALIFAX "2016 Statement " Had these in the past will just file
        SEP 2016 HALIFAX (but posted by ROBINSON WAY)
        "..we have transferred your Halifax Credit Card to..Robinson Way..We've instructed Robinson Way to arrange collection of the outstanding amount.. "

SEP 2016 ROBINSON WAY"..Your account details have been passed to us from HALIFAX... contact within next seven days.. "
        OCT 2016 ROBINSON WAY "..Contact Required. ."

NOV 2016 ROBINSON WAY "..Help Available - Balance Reduction Offer. ."
        CABOT ASSIGNMENT JUL 17
        CABOT A number of Phone Calls (recorded and blocked by BT) Letter now received (dated over week ago) . It looks and reads innocous.

Previous advice

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

As this is apparently the first follow up letter from Cabot, if it was me, I would not send a SWID just yet as they are not threatening. I know some others prefer to let the creditor know early on, so they can't be accused of ignoring the matter. Looks like you have less than a year to SB, so stringing it out is vital.
        Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
        as SW says just chillax and see what comes next x
        Another innocous letter from Caboti ".. If we do not hear from you we will continue to contact you.."
        As reminder its been 2 years since the S.78 was sent to WESTCOT and 3 years since Halifax sent their version. But this raises the question of timing the issue of the SWID letter to CABOT. There is no direct threat at this moment.
        Last edited by Roger; 6 September 2017, 16:24. Reason: typos

Comment

• It's nice that Cabot are so caring and want to keep in touch! Agree that it sounds like the usual threat-o-gram mailshot.
          "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• I think you could let a few more letters pass before responding (dependent on content, obviously).

Comment

• Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
              It's nice that Cabot are so caring and want to keep in touch! Agree that it sounds like the usual threat-o-gram mailshot.
              I think you could let a few more letters pass before responding (dependent on content, obviously).
              Thank you S&V and Still Waving. Will take your advice
              I have a list of their phone calls time and dates.

Others in my Diary are quiet at the moment

Comment

Intelligent Finance (Halifax)
                Date commenced : Apl 2006
                Approx balance : £2,100
                Date last paid : Feb 2012
                Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender): was Halifax from JUL 2017 CABOT

I used templates available elsewhere on the Internet with Halifax
                Apr 2014 Halifax sent me s.78 CCA (at their instigation) which Niddy has seen
                It's
                I have a letter dated 2014 " I can confirm when we receive your signed credit agreement, we scan it and keep a copy electronically. We then destroy the original."
                All has been quiet apart from year statements till now.
                Halifax Oct 2015 "However I have just received a letter saying they have instructed Wescot Credit Services Ltd to arrange collection of the outstanding balance"
                Wescot's letter 18 / 11/ 2015 ".. we have been instructed by our client, Halifax Credit Card.."
                AAD advised "Not to respond, see what they send next, keep Us updated"
                Wescot reminder (undated) arrived 26/11 "We wrote to you recently.." Have NOT replied.
                Wescot letter arrived Dec 2015 "our enquiries have confirmed you are resident at the address above but we have not yet had contact from you". Have NOT replied
                Wescot letter arrived Dec 2015 ""We have written to you on several occasions asking you to contact us, however to date we have not received a response. In an attempt to close this matter our client has agreed we can offer you a discount to settle this account .." ".. We have previously outlined the benefits of contacting us, however should you choose not to our client has instructed us to continue seeking recovery of the full balance".
                "..If we are unable to discuss this matter with you and agree a way forward on your account it will be returned to our client.."
                DEC 2015 Recorded Delivery s.78 Request
                to WESTCOT
                JAN 2016 2F (WESCOT)
                "Confirmation of Residency"
                JAN 2016 2F at phone won't prove ID

MAR 2016 HALIFAX " ..we've transferred your HALIFAX debt to debt collection agency. Moorcroft.." There is an Outstanding s.78 with WESCOT
                MAR 2016 MOORCROFT ".. We have been instructed by HALIFAX.." ".. Both our client and we do not wish to take further debt recovery action but if agreement cannot be reached by 28/03/16 we may have no alternative.."
                APR 2016 MOORCROFT " Automated phone calls (2) ."

APR 2016 MOORCROFT ".. To prevent possible further debt recovery action.." ".. If you do not contact us..we may .. recommend to our clients that they consider possible further debt recovery action against you .."
                APR 2016 MOORCROFT ".. MONTHLY INSTALMENT OFFER .."
                MAY 2016 MOORCROFT ".As no agreement has been reached we have now been asked to review your account to consider the steps which MAY be taken.."
                # "..Continue in our attempts to contact you by letter and phone"
                # "..arrange to call at your home address.."
                # "..continued adverse reporting on your credit file"

MAY 2016 MOORCROFT "..Account passed to Home Collections Division .."
                # "..MAY involve a local rep calling.."
                # "..MAY offer a substantial discount.."
                # "..if can't afford MAY still help.."
                JUN 2016 MOORCROFT "..DISCOUNT OFFER.. Our client MAY be able to offer a substantial discount .."
                AUG 2016 HALIFAX "2016 Statement " Had these in the past will just file
                SEP 2016 HALIFAX (but posted by ROBINSON WAY) "..we have transferred your Halifax Credit Card to..Robinson Way..We've instructed Robinson Way to arrange collection of the outstanding amount.. "

SEP 2016 ROBINSON WAY"..Your account details have been passed to us from HALIFAX... contact within next seven days.. "
                OCT 2016 ROBINSON WAY "..Contact Required. ."

NOV 2016 ROBINSON WAY "..Help Available - Balance Reduction Offer. ."
                JUL 2017 CABOT ASSIGNMENT
                CABOT Phone Calls commence and ongoing (recorded and blocked by BT)
                AUG 2017 CABOT Letter now received (dated over week ago) . It looks and reads innocous.

SEP 2017 CABOT Letter ".. If we do not hear from you we will continue to contact you.."
                SEP 2107 CABOT letter received .. your account has been reviewed for legal action. contact with 28 days so we can prevent this from happening.."
                We can help you to avoid this.

My previous comments on this https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/for...92#post1499692
                Niddy's original advice was on a CCA plus correspondence sent by Hallifax (UE but you must do a formal CCA in order to use it in any defence) hence the S.78 to WESTCOT.
                As reminder its been 2 years since the S.78 was sent to WESTCOT and 3 years since Halifax sent their version. But this raises the question of timing the issue of the SWID letter to CABOT. There is no direct threat at this moment

Now the question is whether to send a LBA now rather than SWID - Possibly with a harassment letter re Phone Calls?
                Last edited by Roger; 23 September 2017, 21:59. Reason: Spelling

Comment

SEP 2107 CABOT letter received .. your account has been reviewed for legal action. contact with 28 days so we can prevent this from happening.."
                  We can help you to avoid this.

My previous comments on this https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/for...92#post1499692
                  Niddy's original advice was on a CCA plus correspondence sent by Hallifax (UE but you must do a formal CCA in order to use it in any defence) hence the S.78 to WESTCOT.
                  As reminder its been 2 years since the S.78 was sent to WESTCOT and 3 years since Halifax sent their version. But this raises the question of timing the issue of the SWID letter to CABOT. There is no direct threat at this moment

Now the question is whether to send a LBA now rather than SWID - Possibly with a harassment letter re Phone Calls?
                  I think it's too early for a LBA, as you have not received a solicitors letter. You could consider the SWID, but you have around 3 weeks to make a final decision about sending it. I have had several letters from Cabot since they bought one of my accounts, but not that particular one yet.
                  Last edited by Still Waving; 23 September 2017, 22:28.

Comment

• wait for a threat letter that states or indicates letter before action

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
                      I think it's too early for a LBA, as you have not received a solicitors letter. You could consider the SWID, but you have around 3 weeks to make a final decision about sending it. I have had several letters from Cabot since they bought one of my accounts, but not that particular one yet.

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                      wait for a threat letter that states or indicates letter before action
                      This is what makes this site so good!! Because its where experience is so valuable
                      Thank you will file this and await their next letter!

Comment

• Agreed, I would say it is too early to go sending a LBA response

I received the same letter ( from the sound of it) and was in two minds whether to reply or not as until then all they had sent me was non threatening letters BUT in the end decided on a slightly modified SWID/harassment letter which has resulted in no more contact since ( approx 8 weeks ago)

Whether you reply or not is down to your circumstances, With me it came down to tactics and playing the long game and by not advising them now that there was a problem ( SWID) I would not be able realistically to rely upon ( and maximise) other failings that could stop their actions dead in the water.

In short I have been more than reasonable in bringing to their attention that there are issues.......If they choose to ignore them.......They are free to do so......at their peril

Sorry that is a bit vague but obviously don't want to say too much

I would not be sending any reply until closer to the 28 day timescale

Comment

• do not rush

Comment

• Looking along your Diary, Unless I have got it wrong, It would appear that since the time that this account has been assigned to cabot you have not written to or contacted them......not that I am knocking that mind....

As much as it pains me to say this, and believe me it does not come easily........But to be fair to them if you have not told them there is an issue with the account then how can they be expected to know? From their point of view they will just proceed as normal and follow their set route as they periodically review the account

You do have to remember that they are probably thinking " No contact so we can go for a claim and win by default because the debtor will not bother to respond" etc like they do in many cases

Yes I know there is a school of thought that says they should be aware what they have bought but we know in reality it does not work that way.

That's why I am thinking the SWID route may be in order

Comment

Egg(formaly) Barclaycard
                              Date commenced : Nov 2007
                              Approx balance : £3,200
                              Date last paid : March 2013
                              Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender): Barclaycard
                              Barclaycard moved account from Egg Nov 2011 and changed Account No.
                              I have a printed copy of the Egg Agreement which I had kept! Curiously the Egg signature dated day before Customer signature date
                              I used templates available elsewhere on the Internet with Barclaycard
                              I have never asked for nor received a s.78 from Barclaycard!
                              Their letter dated Nov 2011
                              "We want to make sure you have all the important details and dates you need to know as we finish moving your account to Barclaycard. As previously notified you we're unable to issue you a new Barclaycard due to the condition of either your existing Barclaycard or migrating Egg account. "
                              DEC 2011 Statement "Your account is closed"
                              "Please note your account is now closed. You'll continue to receive statements until the balance and any interest is fully paid. As your account is now closed, if anyone requests payement from your account, it may be automatically returned to that company."

Two Default Notices issued by MERCERS and No NOA
                              Barclaycard last letter was August 2014.
                              "We've identified that we have been reporting inaccurate information about your account to Credit Referemce Agencies. We apologise for this error and we're now correcting it.."
                              OCT 16 ASSET LINK "We are writing to confirm that Barclaycard has assigned your account to Asset Link ..it is important you contact Link to discuss your intentions regarding this account"
                              MAR 17 LINK "We have not written to you for some time as we have had to validate your address. We would like you to contact us..to confirm your intentions regarding...your account"
                              APR 17 LINK "Statement of Account- Notice of sums in Arrears" Curiously LINK Now describes this as Loan Agreement under Account Number: ???????????"
                              OCT 17 LINK "Statement of Account"
                              now Statement 2 described as Credit Agreement under Account Number: ???????????"
                              OCT 17 LINK "..We give you 14 days notice that the account will be passed to Kearns Solicitors.."
                              Previously discussed considered s.78 or SWID
                              Barclaycard moved account from Egg Nov 2011 and immediately CLOSED the A/c without any Notice nor reason.
                              The A/c No was changed to a BC No and neither terms nor a Credit Card was ever sent.
                              Personally, I think I would await their next letter, as presumably your 'intention' is not to pay.

Later a SWID letter could be the next option (I assume you were in dispute correspondence with BC). It seems to me that the relevant (and only) Agreement would be the one with Egg. With the passage of time that may not be available, but I think I would delay a CCA request for the time being.

Others may have different ideas.
                              Thank you!
                              Thats my thinking putting time before requesting CCA. My credit was good so the only reason for BC closing the Egg Account would be that the Egg Agreement was suspect!!!
                              Will wait for their next move!
                              There has been little communication with Link till now. They have jumped straight to threatening with refering to Kearns Solicitors!
                              My thinking is to now send a SWID but without mentioning Egg. Otherwise a section 78/77 .
                              Any thoughts?
                              Last edited by Roger; 29 October 2017, 16:28. Reason: spelling typos

Comment

• Sorry, no help, but have just enjoyed catching up with your diary

Comment

Working...
                                X