GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cymruambyth v M&S - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cymruambyth v M&S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cymruambyth v M&S

I initially had 3 M&S accounts, when we hit the financial black hole I cleared 1 but kept the others as they didn't offer a big enough discount!
    I have been paying £10 pcm since 2003. Recently I have sent CCA requests for a personal Reserve Account and a Chargecard (not converted to a CC). Niddy thinks they may be enforceable . Suddenly after years of peace and quiet I have woken the sleeping dragon; my arrangement has ended and if I don't ring ASAP they 'will consider referring the accounts to their solicitors to start legal proceedings or they may go to a debt collector'!!

ps I have sent illegible t&cs letter which prompted this outburst. Their reply will be going to Niddy!
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Cymruambyth v M&S

they did that with me when I sent for a CCA on my Reserve and store card, big letters" if you stop paying we may take you to court", stupid buggers had already stopped accepting the small payments I was making and kept telling me that "my payments have not been made as promised", so even though they are enforceable, they haven't had a penny off me in 2 years, and I send a sold in dispute letter to the DCA's.(when I remember)
    suppose they will get me one day.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Why have they suddenly decided that £10 pm is no longer any good?

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
        Recently I have sent CCA requests

Suddenly after years of peace and quiet I have woken the sleeping dragon;

ps I have sent illegible t&cs letter which prompted this outburst.
        Originally posted by ATW View Post
        Why have they suddenly decided that £10 pm is no longer any good?
        My guess ........

Comment

Good point Deepie. lol.

What were the terms of the £10 agreement? Do you have something in writing from them?

Comment

Mmm, sort of! It was an arrangement made several years ago and I have just ignored every review!

Chargecard is from 1988 and personal reserve from 1996. They are each just over £3,000

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
              Chargecard is from 1988 and personal reserve from 1996. They are each just over £3,000
              Are these accounts still with M&S (HSBC) ? My Personal Reserve account was sold on to Arrow.

Arrow then conceded that my M & S Personal Reserve account was UE for loads of reasons which I'm happy to share with you but each account may be different.

My M & S Chargecard was written off because the CCA they provided didn't relate to my original application for an Option Card which changed to a Budget Card and so on.

Comment

Thanks for the comments. Yes the accounts are still with M&S. The CCA is dated 1988, was filled in by them and signed by me.

Comment

According to Niddy they look enforceable so best delaying tactics please.

Comment

Hiya Cym

It might be easier if you make a post set out like this for each account as they may be sent to different dcas:

• Type of account (credit card/loan)

• Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007)

• Approx balance

• Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment)

• Are you on arrangement or not paying

• Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date)

• Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender)

I think I would wait and see what they send next.
                    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Hi Pixie, thanks I will get that sorted after work. At present I am just going to carry on with my direct debit.

Comment

Good luck cym
                        if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

think both of mine are now with Arrow after doing the rounds of most DCA's, one was originally passed to Robsonway, who I ignored, It has now been passed to them by Arrow,

Comment

Yes, one positive, both were defaulted in 2003 and have dropped off my credit file!

Comment

M&S 1

Type of account Chargecard

Date commenced 1988

Approx balance £3,000

Date last paid 2002

Are you on arrangement or not paying Arrangement

Status Up to date arrangemnt

Account owner M&S

Comment

Working...
                              X