GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Spud's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spud's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tesco Credit Card

Start: July 2000
    Balance: £3000
    Last Full Payment: Nov 2011
    Present: Not making payments
    Status: Defaulted. Terminated, DCA Merry go Round - Sold to cabot

Jan 19th
    Default sum notice received
    Jan 20th
    Change of Circumstances letter sent
    Feb 1st
    Arrears letter received
    Feb 10th
    Financial statement request - Sent reply
    Feb 18th
    Letter received detailing last two payments
    Feb 22nd
    Contact in letter only and token payment
    March 1st
    Default notice received
    March 22nd
    Letter aknowledging my token payments
    March 21st
    CCA Request letter sent
    April 5th
    Token payment letter sent
    April 16th
    CCA reminder letter sent
    April 16th
    Request for signature for CCA
    April 19th
    Letter received detailing my last two payments
    April 20th
    Letter asking for signature ref CCA request – Declined
    April 20th
    Reply to signature request and reminder letter
    April 20th
    Termination letter received
    April 26th
    Letter asking for my signature ref CCA request
    May 2nd
    Formal complaint - Not replying to my letters - Kept my £1 CCA fee ect
    May 17th
    Account in dispute letter sent
    May 29th
    CCA Reply Received - Application form & terms (missing date!)
    May 30th
    Account in despute letter sent - Cannot read terms sent ect
    June 9th
    Letter received - Cannot yet respond to formal complaint
    June 15th
    Another ( Same) copy of application form received
    June 19th
    Letter – Please freeze interest and token payment
    July 18th
    Letter – Please freeze interest on the account and token payment
    July 19th
    Monthly budget form received wanting I & E details
    July 19th
    Default sums letter plus last 2 payments letter
    August 20th
    Contact by letter and please stop interest letter plus token payment
    Sept 3rd
    Letter received – No interest is being added to account…..Finally
    Sept 3rd
    Monthly budget form received
    Sept 20th
    Letter – Contact by letter only plus token payment
    Oct 8th
    We accept your token payment offer
    Oct 22nd
    Contact only be letter and token payment sent
    Nov 17th
    Token payment sent
    Dec 18th
    Token payment sent

Jan 21st
    Token payment sent
    Feb 6th
    CCA emailed to Niddy –Niddy says UE
    March 4th
    We have not received your payment “you agreed to make” letter
    March 19th
    Reply to above.....There is not an agreement in place
    May 27th
    Letter - Account passed to recoveries team
    June 18th
    We are concidering passing to an external Collections agency
    June 20th
    I am still awaiting a reply to a letter of complaint dated 19th March - No reply
    June 25th
    We are concidering legal action to recover your debt
    July 2nd
    Modified "Prove it" letter sent - Not satisfied CCA request
    July 4th
    Sorry to hear of your complaint - We will investigate
    July 11th
    We are not in a position to respond yet letter
    July 15th
    We will shortly be taking further action against you to recover the debt
    July 24th
    Tesco Bank - We are still investigating your complaint
    July 30th
    Tesco Bank - You must take action - Call us today
    Aug 15th
    Tesco Bank - Account passed to Moorcroft for collection
    Aug 21st
    Moorcroft - Introduction letter
    Aug 22nd
    Tesco Bank - We will only contact you in writing - Reply to complaint
    Aug 30th
    Moorcroft - Possible further Action - Contact us

Sept 2nd
    Letter sent to Moorcroft - No CCA received and Telephone harassment

Sept 8th
    Thankyou for your recent letter - If you want proof of account - Send £1
    Sept 13th
    Moorcroft - Monthly installment offer letter received
    Sept 27th
    Midas Credit Services - Possible further Action letter

Sept 30th
    Letter to Midas - Telephone harassment letter sent

Oct 5th
    Moorcroft - Explaining our position - No reason for non payment ect
    Dec 19th
    Moorcroft - Offering me a monthly installment offer

Jan 3rd
    Letter from Midas Credit Services - Possible further Action
    Jan 17th
    Letter from Moorcroft - We are passing this tyo our home collections division.....Division Love it!!!
    Feb 9th
    Letter from Moorcroft - Discount offer letter

Feb 10th
    Letter to Moorcroft - Harassment/No contact other than in writing letter sent

Feb 21st
    Letter from Moorcroft - We can confirm that this account is now closed on our system
    Feb 21st
    Letter from Tesco Bank - We are passing this account onto Robinson Way
    Feb 27th
    Letter from Robinson Way - We are going to negotiate repayment of your debt letter

Mar 8th

General – We would like to help you letter from Robinson Way

Mar 28th
    Letter sent to Robinson way – I have no knowledge of a debt with Robinson Way

April 10th
    Letter from Robinson way – We are requesting a copy of your agreement for you

June 4th
    Letter from Robinson way – We are still waiting to hear from our client ref your disputed debt

June 7th
    Letter from Robinson way enclosing a bad photocopy of a credit card application form

July 25th

Letter from Robinson way – We want to work with you to find a solution

August 16th
    Letter from Tesco Bank – We are passing the account onto Wescot

August 21st
    Introduction letter from Wescot

August 31st
    We can confirm that you are resident at that address letter from Wescot

Sept 10th
    Discount offer from Wescot

Oct 1st
    We want to work with you letter from Wescot

Oct 11th
    Letter from “2F” Confirming that I live at my house !!!

Oct 27th
    Letter to Wescot – I am not aware of any debt being owed to Wescot/Prove it letter

Nov 11th
    Letter from Wescot – Thank you for your contact – We will investigate

Nov 14th
    Letter from Wescot – We enclose a copy of your application ( Which was not enclosed)

Dec 28th
    Letter from Wescot – We are awaiting further information from our client

Nov 9th
    Letter from Tesco Bank – We are assigning this account to Cabot Financial (UK) ltd

Dec 17th
    Introduction letter from Cabot

Dec 31st
    We really want to help you letter from Cabot

Feb 6th
    Letter from Cabot – We would really like to hear from you ( No threats)

Feb 25th
    Letter from Cabot – We have being trying to contact you – our aim is to help you ( No threats)

March 31st
    Letter from Cabot – We want to work with you to clear this debt ( No threats)

May 4th
    Letter from Cabot – We have not heard from you letter ( No threats)

July 24th
    Letter from Cabot – We need your attention

“At the moment we dont have any payments been received or a commitment to a repayment plan

As a reasonable next action to recover the outstanding balance your account has been reviewed for legal action

You need to contact us within 28 days so that we can prevent this from happening”

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Ok

Well after finally finding my UE Diary in the AAD dark damp murky cellar ( As I have not updated it for so long and Niddy was using it to prop up the many shelves !!!) Its time to update it

I need a few opinions please....

Like many people I have received a long list of letters from Cabot that in all honesty contain so little information that there is literally nothing to reply to for a "UE seeker" type person....after all....Why would you?

Not replying has and is working for many ( Me included on a couple of accounts) and has brought me months of nothing but a friendly letter - And to be fair I have gone past the stage where people write to me so I have been rather looking forward to the regular friendly letters

I ( and a few others from what I can see) have now received a letter that makes reference to the account being reviewed for legal action ( See Tesco Credit Card account above) - Wording that is nothing new to most people on AAD and is usually something that is banded about by DCA's as a bit of a toothless frightener ( Unless the letter makes specific threats/LBA etc) - In the context of this letter it is nothing I am overly concerned about

The question comes, With Cabot having written to me several times since they bought the account.....and me never replying......As there was nothing to reply to.....Does this letter signal the time to finally reply or continue the standoff?

To be honest I am torn down the middle, One half of me thinks silence is golden and see what they send next and the other ( More reasonable) half thinks, Well to be fair to Cabot, They don't yet know that they have bought a lemon and of course they cannot be expected to know if nobody has ever told them ( Not that I have any intention of telling them why etc)

Cabot can be a bit hasty with hitting the litigation button so It may be wise to gently advise them that the account is well in dispute before they go thinking that they will meet no resistance with a claim. Nip it in the bud as it were........They could never said I didn't tell them. Although I have every confidence that I would win, who in their right mind would want to go down the claim route?

So, The question is.....Silence is golden or finally sent them a sold in dispute letter? I can see the pro's and cons of each course of action...
      Last edited by Spud; 1 August 2017, 22:03.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• My Cabot letter last week didn't mention any possible legal action. I thought yours maybe did as you are nearing sb, but I've just looked back through your diary and in post #14 you mention that you were making a £1 token payment in 2013,which means your Tesco debt won't be sb until 2019, so I don't know why you seem to have received a different letter this time to myself and others on the forum.

Comment

• I think the sooner you tell them the better otherwise they may start asking why you didn't say anything sooner and could become part of their defence for someone avoiding the debt. Saying that, I don't think they really understand as the response to my swid was that there was no record of me requesting information from them, although they stated that they passed it to the disputes team (the letter came from the complaints team and included all the FOS leaflets etc). I sent the SWID on mine because I'm going to Australia for a month in September and didn't want any (or very little) letters coming while I'm away, so at least this will keep them off my back for a couple of months (hopefully longer).

Comment

• As I understand things, if it is UE then it would never get to court as it would easily be knocked out before then by AAD's superb legal team if a claim were to arrive. So not communicating with them couldn't result in a "defence" that you were simply avoiding the debt as they'd never get an opportunity to use this point against you.

(It wouldn't be a "defence" for them anyway as they would be the claimant, but I know what you mean, JLC).

If it isn't UE and you were blagging it then you'd likely get the opportunity to avoid court by negotiating with them later on.

Just my tuppence worth, but am no expert and probably know less than you Spud, I've just picked up what I've been able to glean here, so I'd also be interested to know if there's a different angle to it.

Personally I go for the "silence is golden" strategy. Keeps things simple, less possibility of compromising your position and so hopefully a more straightforward task for the legal team. I do take your point though that a shot across the bows with a SWID might well be a good thing to do at the right point in time.
            Last edited by MisterK; 2 August 2017, 11:27.

Comment

• I've taken a peek at the history of this debt and my first question is why was the credit agreement deemed unenforceable in 2012 (what was the flaw) and was/is it something that could be remedied if they subsequently produce a reconstituted version?

Or was it irredeemably unenforceable (so fatally flawed never to be remedied)?

There's reference in your post to you receiving an application form with Ts & Cs which had no date. But if they accurately sourced the date could they come up with a convincing (to a DJ) recon?

One way to find the answer is to send a Subject Access Request to Tesco so you get the full history of the account which should include the Transaction Log providing details/dates of what happened and when (or not at all). It'll come in handy if they do issue a claim so the £10 statutory fee won't be wasted.

I also see that the account was assigned to Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd which is unlicensed by the FCA (it lapsed in February 2015 which was prior to your debt being assigned to them by Tesco in November 2016) which may cause them a problem if they decide to litigate.

If this went to court and your legal representative asked the court to order costs against them due to conduct issues (even though it would be in the Small Claims Track) Cabot could argue that they brought the proceedings in good faith since you had never told them there was a problem/dispute.

I've skilfully not answered your question (whether to write to Cabot) but I hope I've given you food for thought

Di

Comment

• Cabot's position is "Buyer Beware"
                In other words they should know or have been informed when they purchased. All a SWID is really doing is reminding them of outstanding unresolved issues!

My understanding is that even if UE they can still ASK and isn't this ALL they are doing here!
                Their actions are those commensurate with a buyer who KNOWS the debt is disputed and UE and is actually pestering you!

Diana has pipped me here and with good advice.
                Last edited by Roger; 2 August 2017, 12:40. Reason: Diana's entry pipped me here

Comment

• Originally posted by Roger View Post
                  Cabot's position is "Buyer Beware"
                  In other words they should know or have been informed when they purchased. All a SWID is really doing is reminding them of outstanding unresolved issues!

My understanding is that even if UE they can still ASK and isn't this ALL they are doing here!
                  Their actions are those commensurate with a buyer who KNOWS the debt is disputed and UE and is actually pestering you!

Diana has pipped me here and with good advice.

For my cabot debts, there are no CCAs. One is an old virgin card, one is hsbc credit card which was issued with my bank account and the third they state is another HSBC credit card which they will never get a CCA for as it's not with HSBC (this is on hold and has been since December). I'd like to think I'm reasonably safe as I'm certain they will never get the information they need. All three accounts were deemed unenforceable from what was sent from Moorgate/Idem, which is why they were sold on in the first place. All three are also pre 04/07.

Comment

• Thanks all and to Di......Expert knowledge as ever

It was so long ago now that I cannot quite remember the exact details ( I need to check ) but I seem to remember that the breaches could be redeemed should they put their mind to it etc. You know some of the stuff they get past DJ's

I think I did SAR Tesco some time ago but will need to check my filing cabinet and come back ( Away for a few days at the moment)

Its a difficult one.....hence the post....BUT I am slightly swayed towards making communication and at least making them aware that there are problems ( without spelling it out of course)

decisions decisions
                    Last edited by Spud; 2 August 2017, 20:12.

Comment

• Hi Spud - It's been a while since your last update. How's things going? Any news?

Best
                      SnV
                      "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

• I will update the diary soon but I did send the Sold in dispute letter and they wrote back stating they will investigate my complaint......All standard stuff

Not heard a thing for about a month now.....

It will be interesting to see what they come back with

Comment

• Tesco Credit Card

Start: July 2000
                          Balance: £3000
                          Last Full Payment: Nov 2011
                          Present: Not making payments
                          Status: Defaulted. Terminated, DCA Merry go Round - Sold to cabot

Jan 19th
                          Default sum notice received
                          Jan 20th
                          Change of Circumstances letter sent
                          Feb 1st
                          Arrears letter received
                          Feb 10th
                          Financial statement request - Sent reply
                          Feb 18th
                          Letter received detailing last two payments
                          Feb 22nd
                          Contact in letter only and token payment
                          March 1st
                          Default notice received
                          March 22nd
                          Letter aknowledging my token payments
                          March 21st
                          CCA Request letter sent
                          April 5th
                          Token payment letter sent
                          April 16th
                          CCA reminder letter sent
                          April 16th
                          Request for signature for CCA
                          April 19th
                          Letter received detailing my last two payments
                          April 20th
                          Letter asking for signature ref CCA request – Declined
                          April 20th
                          Reply to signature request and reminder letter
                          April 20th
                          Termination letter received
                          April 26th
                          Letter asking for my signature ref CCA request
                          May 2nd
                          Formal complaint - Not replying to my letters - Kept my £1 CCA fee ect
                          May 17th
                          Account in dispute letter sent
                          May 29th
                          CCA Reply Received - Application form & terms (missing date!)
                          May 30th
                          Account in despute letter sent - Cannot read terms sent ect
                          June 9th
                          Letter received - Cannot yet respond to formal complaint
                          June 15th
                          Another ( Same) copy of application form received
                          June 19th
                          Letter – Please freeze interest and token payment
                          July 18th
                          Letter – Please freeze interest on the account and token payment
                          July 19th
                          Monthly budget form received wanting I & E details
                          July 19th
                          Default sums letter plus last 2 payments letter
                          August 20th
                          Contact by letter and please stop interest letter plus token payment
                          Sept 3rd
                          Letter received – No interest is being added to account…..Finally
                          Sept 3rd
                          Monthly budget form received
                          Sept 20th
                          Letter – Contact by letter only plus token payment
                          Oct 8th
                          We accept your token payment offer
                          Oct 22nd
                          Contact only be letter and token payment sent
                          Nov 17th
                          Token payment sent
                          Dec 18th
                          Token payment sent

Jan 21st
                          Token payment sent
                          Feb 6th
                          CCA emailed to Niddy –Niddy says UE
                          March 4th
                          We have not received your payment “you agreed to make” letter
                          March 19th
                          Reply to above.....There is not an agreement in place
                          May 27th
                          Letter - Account passed to recoveries team
                          June 18th
                          We are concidering passing to an external Collections agency
                          June 20th
                          I am still awaiting a reply to a letter of complaint dated 19th March - No reply
                          June 25th
                          We are concidering legal action to recover your debt
                          July 2nd
                          Modified "Prove it" letter sent - Not satisfied CCA request
                          July 4th
                          Sorry to hear of your complaint - We will investigate
                          July 11th
                          We are not in a position to respond yet letter
                          July 15th
                          We will shortly be taking further action against you to recover the debt
                          July 24th
                          Tesco Bank - We are still investigating your complaint
                          July 30th
                          Tesco Bank - You must take action - Call us today
                          Aug 15th
                          Tesco Bank - Account passed to Moorcroft for collection
                          Aug 21st
                          Moorcroft - Introduction letter
                          Aug 22nd
                          Tesco Bank - We will only contact you in writing - Reply to complaint
                          Aug 30th
                          Moorcroft - Possible further Action - Contact us
                          Sept 2nd
                          Letter sent to Moorcroft - No CCA received and Telephone harassment
                          Sept 8th
                          Thankyou for your recent letter - If you want proof of account - Send £1
                          Sept 13th
                          Moorcroft - Monthly installment offer letter received
                          Sept 27th
                          Midas Credit Services - Possible further Action letter
                          Sept 30th
                          Letter to Midas - Telephone harassment letter sent
                          Oct 5th
                          Moorcroft - Explaining our position - No reason for non payment ect
                          Dec 19th
                          Moorcroft - Offering me a monthly installment offer

Jan 3rd
                          Letter from Midas Credit Services - Possible further Action
                          Jan 17th
                          Letter from Moorcroft - We are passing this tyo our home collections division.....Division Love it!!!
                          Feb 9th
                          Letter from Moorcroft - Discount offer letter
                          Feb 10th
                          Letter to Moorcroft - Harassment/No contact other than in writing letter sent
                          Feb 21st
                          Letter from Moorcroft - We can confirm that this account is now closed on our system
                          Feb 21st
                          Letter from Tesco Bank - We are passing this account onto Robinson Way
                          Feb 27th
                          Letter from Robinson Way - We are going to negotiate repayment of your debt letter
                          Mar 8th
                          General – We would like to help you letter from Robinson Way

Mar 28th
                          Letter sent to Robinson way – I have no knowledge of a debt with Robinson Way

April 10th
                          Letter from Robinson way – We are requesting a copy of your agreement for you

June 4th
                          Letter from Robinson way – We are still waiting to hear from our client ref your disputed debt

June 7th
                          Letter from Robinson way enclosing a bad photocopy of a credit card application form

July 25th

Letter from Robinson way – We want to work with you to find a solution

August 16th
                          Letter from Tesco Bank – We are passing the account onto Wescot

August 21st
                          Introduction letter from Wescot

August 31st
                          We can confirm that you are resident at that address letter from Wescot

Sept 10th
                          Discount offer from Wescot

Oct 1st
                          We want to work with you letter from Wescot

Oct 11th
                          Letter from “2F” Confirming that I live at my house !!!

Oct 27th
                          Letter to Wescot – I am not aware of any debt being owed to Wescot/Prove it letter

Nov 11th
                          Letter from Wescot – Thank you for your contact – We will investigate

Nov 14th
                          Letter from Wescot – We enclose a copy of your application ( Which was not enclosed)

Dec 28th
                          Letter from Wescot – We are awaiting further information from our client

Nov 9th
                          Letter from Tesco Bank – We are assigning this account to Cabot Financial (UK) ltd

Dec 17th
                          Introduction letter from Cabot

Dec 31st
                          We really want to help you letter from Cabot

Feb 6th
                          Letter from Cabot – We would really like to hear from you ( No threats)

Feb 25th
                          Letter from Cabot – We have being trying to contact you – our aim is to help you ( No threats)

March 31st
                          Letter from Cabot – We want to work with you to clear this debt ( No threats)

May 4th
                          Letter from Cabot – We have not heard from you letter ( No threats)

July 24th
                          Letter from Cabot – We need your attention

“At the moment we dont have any payments been received or a commitment to a repayment plan

As a reasonable next action to recover the outstanding balance your account has been reviewed for legal action

You need to contact us within 28 days so that we can prevent this from happening”

August 9th
                          SWID letter sent to Cabot

August 21st
                          Letter from Cabot - We will investigate your complaint

October 9th
                          Letter from Cabot - We are investigating your complaint and will contact Tesco

February 2018
                          Letter from Cabot - Tesco have informed us there is no dispute - Sent copy of Application form and a set of terms and conditions

March 2018
                          Letter from Cabot - We are waiting to hear from you - Could look to take legal action template letter

April 2018
                          Letter from Cabot - Your outstanding balance - Potential legal action
                          A basic template letter outlining "what legal action could mean" and advising that their standard approach would be to instruct a solicitor to issue a claim etc etc stating that if they do not hear from me within 14 days they will proceed as highlighted above

April 2018
                          Letter from cabot - We have received a response from Tesco who state that there is no ongoing dispute with myself

April 2018
                          Missing PT's letter sent to cabot

May 2018
                          Letter from Cabot - We have not heard from you - We are reviewing your account for legal action

June 2018
                          Letter to Cabot - Brief letter explaining they are incorrect and I sent a letter in April of which I have proof of receipt

June 2018
                          Letter from Cabot - There is no dispute with this account - The account may be reviewed for legal action

I will attempt to put the sent/Received colours back into operation to ease identification

Last edited by Spud; 22 June 2018, 12:16.

Comment

• I can see that Cabot sent you an Application Form and Ts & Cs in February this year.

Have you emailed those documents to Niddy to get his opinion on their enforcebility?

I can also see that Tesco sent you a credit agreement in February 2013 which Niddy said was unenforceable Has Cabot sent you the same document?

I'll read back through the whole history to see if there are any other potential flaws with the account.

This might be a good time to send a Subject Access Request to Tesco to get the full history of the account. This should include the 'Transaction Log' where you'll see exactly what went on. If its not in the Log then it didn't happen (as they say).

Was your last payment 21st January 2013 making this debt potentially Statute Barred in eight months time?

Di

Comment

• Send SAR request on/after 25th May as no charge from then

Comment

• Thank you Di and Tech Clerk, I have not got on here much over the last few weeks ( Months)

I will update over the next few days

Oh and a fantastic tip with ref. to SAR requests.......Wait I shall - Thanks Techie
                                Last edited by Spud; 19 May 2018, 20:33.

Comment

Working...
                                X