GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Marly Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marly Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marly Diary

I have on and off tried to take control of the debts that my lovely ex left me with, He said he was going to make me bankrupt if I ever left him, well I'm holding on in there, and determined not to let that happen.

Last edited by Marly; 16 October 2017, 19:12.

Debt 2-
    • Type of account- Credit Card
    • Date commenced- January 2009
    • Approx balance- £5k
    • Date last paid July 2012
    • Are you on arrangement or not paying- Was making sporadic reduced payments until March 2015
    • Status- Default May 2013
    • Account owner- Cabot (UK) ltd
    2016- At some point Tesco made some credits to this account for wrong interest charges or something, I cant see them now as Tesco has gone from my noddle report
    25th August 2017 Cabot wrote with letter enclosed from Tesco dated 23rd August to say all rights in connection with account to Cabot manage the account on their behalf.
    9th September 2017 Cabot wrote saying they really want to help
    6th October 2017 Cabot called, told them wasn't convenient to talk, and they said they would call back later
    9th October 2017 Cabot called I didn't answer they left voicemail
    12th October 2017 Cabot wrote asking me to contact them
    19th October 2017 Cabot text asking me to call them
    3rd November 2017 Missed call and voice mail from Cabot
    6th November 2017 Cabot wrote asking me to contact them
    7th November 2017 missed call and voicemail from Cabot
    9th November 2017 missed call and voicemail from Cabot
    11th November 2017 Missed call and voicemail from Cabot (Obviously working overtime on a Saturday)
    14th November 2017 missed call and voicemail from Cabot (this time from Withheld number)
    16th November 2017 missed call from withheld number pretty sure it was Cabot no Message left
    16th November 2017 missed call and voicemail from Cabot
    18th November 2017 Missed call and voicemail from Cabot (more overtime obviously)
    20th November 2017 missed call and voicemail from Cabot
    23rd November 2017 Missed call and voicemail from Cabot
    25th November 2017 Missed call and voicemail from Cabot
    27th November 2017 Letter from Cabot saying account has been reviewed for legal action giving me 28 days to respond
    28th November 2017 missed call and voicemail from Cabot
    1st December 2017 missed call and voicemail from Cabot
    4th December 2017 missed call and voicemail from Cabot
    5th December 2017 CRA request sent to Cabot
    8th December 2017 reminder letter headed potential legal action.
    15th December 2017 SAR sent to Tesco
    11th January 2018 Letter from Cabot acknowledging CCA request
    22nd January 2018 Tesco wrote to say signature for SAR doesn't match their records, and to send DOB/Previous Name/previous address
    23rd January 2018 Letter re signature sent to Tesco (signed with signature they will recognise) have not included previous names as they only have the one name, or previous address as they have written to to me numerous times at my current address.
    6th March 2018 SAR received from Tesco, there is no DN in there
    17th April 2018 to say account is unenforceable until they supply information
    31 May 2018 cabot wrote offering new approach asking me to contact
    18 june 2018 cabot wrote to say they have confirmed my address and need to make me aware they are now responsible for helping me manage my account
    30 June 2018 Cabot wrote given a helpful illustration of how monthly payments can pay the account off over 2 or 5 years
    30 July 2018 Cabot wrote to say as they have not been successful in finding a solution they are considering sending the account to an external debt collection company.
    Cabot texting asking me to call them once a week
    Last edited by Marly; 25 August 2018, 19:30. Reason: correspondance update

Comment

Debt 3- As debt 2-
      • Type of account- unsecured Loan £5k
      • Date commenced- September 2011
      • Approx balance- £3.8k
      • Are you on arrangement or not paying- Was making sporadic reduced payments until August 2015
      • Status- Default March 2013
      • Account owner- Cabot Financial (UK) ltd - No NOA from Tesco

25th August 2017 Cabot wrote saying they had bought account from Tesco, no notice of assignment or any letter from Tesco..
      6th October Cabot called, told them wasn't convenient to talk, and they said they would call back later
      9th October 2017 Cabot called I didn't answer
      6th November 2017 Cabot Wrote asking me to contact them
      15th December 2017 SAR sent to Tesco
      30th December 2017 Cabot wrote to say despite numerous attempts to contact you we still haven't heard from you to set up a repayment plan.
      22nd January 2018 Tesco wrote to say signature for SAR doesn't match their records, and to send DOB/Previous Name/previous address
      23rd January 2018 Letter re signature sent to Tesco (signed with signature they will recognise) have not included previous names as they only have the one name, or previous address as they have written to to me numerous times at my current address.
      23rd January 2018 notice of sums in arrears for January 17-Jan18 from Cabot management group
      23rd January 2018 letter from Cabot Financial account being reviewed for legal action if I do not respond within 28 days.
      13th February 2018 CCA request sent to Cabot
      1st March 2018 letter from cabot stated they have received CCA request and as they don't have a copy and have had to ask, it could take up to 40 days
      6th March 2018 SAR received from Tesco, there is copy of agreement in there, and a DN, there are some other bits too.
      25th April 2018 letter from cabot to say as they have failed to provide information they cannot take legal action until the have this information
      Last edited by Marly; 25 August 2018, 19:20. Reason: update from Cabot

Comment

Debt 4- Originally Barclays
        • Date commenced- February 2007
        • Approx balance- £4.5k
        • Are you on arrangement or not paying- Was making regular reduced payments until February 2013
        • Status- Default on credit file March 2013 by Link, l
        • Account owner- Link Financial

22nd March 2013 Barclays wrote to say account sold to Link Financial having never marked default
        31st March 2013 Link defaulted account prior to even contacting me.
        10th April 2013 Link wrote to introduce themselves with another notice of assignment from "Barclays" again stating Link now owned the account
        27th November 2014 IDR Finance UK II Limited sent notice headed Default notice served under section 87(1) of the consumer credit act and gave until 14th December 2014 to arrears. if not their intended action is to terminate the account and demand full payment of my indebtedness and commence court proceedings.
        28th April 2016 Link wrote to say they hadn't contacted for some time as they had to locate address (I moved in 2013)
        23rd June 2016 link wrote to say we have previously written to you about this account which has been sold to IDR Finance UK II Limited wanting to arrange a time to talk to me
        8th July 2016 Link wrote again saying in Ignoring this debt will not make it go away (Uggggh kinda hoping it would lol)

6th November 2017 Link text asking me to contact them
        4th December 2017 Link text to say Happy Christmas and offer 50% discount.....How nice!
        3 Aprll 2018 Link wrote to say they hadn't written for some time as they had to locate my address...again (I haven't moved since they lost wrote to me)
        31 May 2018 Link wrote to say account previously owned by IDR is being serviced by Link Financial outsourcing
        Link now texting every week now asking me to call them.
        Last edited by Marly; 25 August 2018, 19:59.

Comment

Debt 5-
          • Type of account- Current account
          • Date commenced- June 2001
          • Approx balance- £2.2k
          • Date last paid February 2012
          • Are you on arrangement or not paying- Not paying
          • Status- Default- May 2012
          • Account owner- Halifax

No contact with Halifax since 2012, was a joint account, I asked Halifax to put a hold on the account as I knew ex was going to run the overdraft up. They had me jumping through hoops saying they couldn't as it was a joint account, wrote to them, called them and went into branch on numerous occasions. Ex ran overdraft up so I told Halifax its their problem as the refused to prevent it from happening. Not heard anything since 2012. Will this become SB in June 2018 or is it different for current accounts?

22nd January 2018 statement received from Halifax
          6th March 2018 SAR from them shows dispute on account, and that they made the payments on account, there is no DN in there, I don't know now whether they ever issued one.

NOW SB
          Last edited by Marly; 25 August 2018, 19:52.

Comment

Debt 6
            • Approx balance- £12k
            • Are you on arrangement or not paying- Was making sporadic reduced payments until Feb 2014
            • Status- Default Feb 2013
            • Account owner- 1st credit.

July 2012 Halifax informed of health issues and inability to make full payments, Agreed to make reduced payments
            April 2013 I missed some payments and got a letter from Halifax solicitors stating considering court action, so started paying again
            February 2014 Stopped paying halifax again.
            2014-2017 Various debt collectors managing account, Ignored all of them
            17th July 2017 1st credit wrote with Notice of assignment but with no balance figure on notice.
            19th July 2017 1st credit wrote again with ne Notice of assignment with figure on, and no mention of their previous notice.
            26th July 2017 1st Credit wrote asking to arrange payment plan -Letter ignored
            7th August 2017 1st credit wrote again let us help blah blah
            15th August 2017 1st credit wrote County court proceeding being considered
            18th August 2017 - I wrote requesting CCA
            23rd August 2017 1st credit wrote acknowledging request and stated it may take several weeks and that collection was suspended whilst they get the documents
            4th October 2017 1st credit sent what they say is a True copy of credit agreement at time account was opened, and at time account was defaulted.
            12th October 2017 emailed copies of apparent true copy emailed to webmaster
            24th October Niddy says for now
            24th October 1st credit wrote saying "there is a discount available"- ooooohhhhhh I suppose I best contact them then (NOT)
            31st October 1st Credit emailed saying they have sent letter recently please contact at earliest convenience blah blah..........
            1st November 2017 1st credit wrote to kindly offer a 20% discount if paid in November
            8th November 1st Credit emailed saying they had recently written and to contact them
            8th November 1st Credit wrote to say they had made a mistake with the notice of assignment and it wasn't Halifax it was Bank of Scotland
            8th November 1st credit sent another (3rd time lucky) notice of assignment with Bank as Scotland as OC
            13th November 2017 1st Credit sent letter saying they are sending to their internal legal department to consider starting court proceedings.
            23rd November 2017 First credit legal department giving 10 days to respond before they issue LBA
            7th December 2017 Missing Pt's sent to 1st Credit
            14th December 2017 letter received from 1st credit stating they believe the reconstituted agreement to be fully compliant, and goes on about Carey v HSBC and that they do not need to supply copy of agreement bearing signatures from the parties. blah blah blah.
            12th January 2018 1st credit legal department letter to saying passing to their solicitors in the next 14 days
            26th January 2018 SAR sent to Halifax
            31st January 2018 1st Credit legal wrote to say they had reviewed account for litigation and are sending back to the collections department
            12th February 2018 1st credit wrote offering 30% discount
            6th March 2018 very large box of SAR data received from Halifax, it also includes copy of reconstituted agreement that 1st credit sent, and an original which is different from the recon.
            May 2018 Intrum wrote offering 50% discount
            29 june 2018 Intrum wrote with annual statement
            20 August 2018 Intrum wrote offering 65% discount if paid in August
            Last edited by Marly; 25 August 2018, 19:48.

Comment

Originally posted by Marly View Post
              Debt 2- I originally thought this had been sold to Cabot as it is showing on my credit file as Cabot and closed with Tesco, Now I have no idea as the letter is not a notice of assignment.
              • Approx balance- £5k
              • Are you on arrangement or not paying- Was making sporadic reduced payments until March 2015
              • Account owner- Tesco Bank? or Cabot?
              2016- At some point Tesco made some credits to this account for wrong interest charges or something, I cant see them now as Tesco has gone from my noddle report
              25th August 2017 Cabot wrote with letter enclosed from Tesco dated 23rd August to say all rights in connection with account to Cabot manage the account on their behalf.
              6th October 2017 Cabot called, told them wasn't convenient to talk, and they said they would call back later
              9th October 2017 Cabot called I didn't answer
              will the credits Tesco made look like I have made a payment to the account?
              Should I write to Cabot to confirm their position with this account, and the other account as they have send me conflicting information, or should I just continue to ignore for now?
              Last edited by Marly; 24 October 2017, 09:19.

Comment

will the credits Tesco made look like I have made a payment to the account?
                No Tesco's own records show that they themselves made these payments.
                Make sure you keep all the paper work filed away.

Comment

ok thank you that's a relief then, started to worry it would look like I had made some payments, I'm not sure what I have done with the letters as I have had so many letters

Comment

Debt 6
                    • Approx balance- £12k
                    • Are you on arrangement or not paying- Was making sporadic reduced payments until Feb 2014
                    • Status- Default Feb 2013
                    • Account owner- 1st credit.

July 2012 Halifax informed of health issues and inability to make full payments, Agreed to make reduced payments
                    April 2013 I missed some payments and got a letter from Halifax solicitors stating considering court action, so started paying again
                    February 2014 Stopped paying halifax again.
                    2014-2017 Various debt collectors managing account, Ignored all of them
                    17th July 2017 1st credit wrote with Notice of assignment but with no balance figure on notice.
                    19th July 2017 1st credit wrote again with ne Notice of assignment with figure on, and no mention of their previous notice.
                    26th July 2017 1st Credit wrote asking to arrange payment plan -Letter ignored
                    7th August 2017 1st credit wrote again let us help blah blah
                    15th August 2017 1st credit wrote County court proceeding being considered
                    18th August 2017 - I wrote requesting CCA
                    23rd August 2017 1st credit wrote acknowledging request and stated it may take several weeks and that collection was suspended whilst they get the documents
                    4th October 2017 1st credit sent what they say is a True copy of credit agreement at time account was opened, and at time account was defaulted.
                    12th October 2017 emailed copies of apparent true copy emailed to webmaster
                    24th October Niddy says for now
                    24th October 1st credit wrote saying "there is a discount available"- ooooohhhhhh I suppose I best contact them then (NOT)
                    31st October 1st Credit emailed saying they have sent letter recently please contact at earliest convenience blah blah..........
                    1st November 2017 1st credit wrote to kindly offer a 20% discount if paid in November
                    Do they normally write to offer a discount? or are they aware its UE and are they trying their luck to see if ill pay?

Comment

known to happen hoping you acknowledge no doubt, Xmas party coming up and no funds probably???
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well it'll be a dry xmas party then

Comment

Ha Ha
                          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Debt 2- I originally thought this had been sold to Cabot as it is showing on my credit file as Cabot and closed with Tesco, Now I have no idea as the letter is not a notice of assignment.
                            • Approx balance- £5k
                            • Account owner- Tesco Bank? or Cabot?
                            9th October 2017 Cabot called I didn't answer they left voicemail
                            19th October 2017 Cabot text asking me to call them
                            3rd November 2017 Missed call and voice mail from Cabot
                            6th November 2017 Cabot wrote asking me to contact them
                            7th November missed call and voicemail from Cabot
                            Cabot seem rather insistent on calls and letters, It would appear they have purchase the debt according to my credit file, however the letter they sent said they are managing on Tesco behalf. I also have another Tesco Debt that Cabot are writing about, however there was no letter informing me whether they are managing or own the debt.

Should I just continue to ignore, until they get heavy, or should I be asking them now to prove they have rights to chase this?

thanks

Comment

Debt 4- Originally Barclays
                              • Date commenced- February 2007
                              • Approx balance- £4.5k
                              • Are you on arrangement or not paying- Was making regular reduced payments until February 2013
                              • Status- Default March 2013 by Link
                              • Account owner- Link Financial

22nd March 2013 Barclays Sold account to Link Financial having never marked default
                              31st March 2013 Link defaulted account prior to even contacting me.
                              2014-2016 Various please contact us letters -all ignored
                              6th November 2017 Link text asking me to contact them
                              Obviously something has woken Link up to start chasing this again. This was never defaulted by Barclays before they sold it, should it have been? I have not received a default notice that I can remember, however Link have added a default on my file about a week or 2 after they bought it.

Comment

Working...
                              X