GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script At long last I am claiming life back - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At long last I am claiming life back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JLC View Post
    If you have proof that you sent the CCA request, I would not remind them as they are in default of your request and will be unable to enforce the debt.

I plan plan on speaking to stepchange to stop payment. No doubt link will wake up !

Comment

never do a Debt buyers job for them, as it will no doubt come back to haunt you, they have a problem then all well and good!
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Susie View Post
        I would ignore the fact that they have used the £1 wrongly as you have the letter as proof that it was only to be used for the CCA request. They have obviously received your letter so are currently in default of your request, so the ball is in their court to send an agreement if they have one. I certainly would not be writing to them at this point to remind them, its all time towards your SB date.

You make sense. I am going to stop paying even though SB will be 6 years from non payment as I have been on a DMP for 8/9 years with 2 years left. I may contemplate F&F if I haven’t got the stomach for harassment ! I’m not going to make any hasty decisions

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
          never do a Debt buyers job for them, as it will no doubt come back to haunt you, they have a problem then all well and good!
          im definitely learning that. Think I’ve been nice all these years because I didn’t know my consumer rights and believed the DCA were doing me a favour. Ah well we live and learn. Thanks for your encouragement tech clerk

Comment

you are welcome
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Selinek View Post
              Egg Card
              • Type of account: credit card
              • Date commenced pre 2007
              • Approx balance: £1200
              • Date last paid: 2008
              • on DMP SC
              • Account owner : Link Financial

CCA request sent 11/09/17.

Absolutely no response.

3/11/17: received another statement of account. They have used the £1 CCA fee towards the balance. Bloody cheek. They have not complied think it’s about time I stopped payment. Should I send a reminder ?
              Nope

They haven't forgotten - they just can't comply.

That can only be good news for now.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Nope

They haven't forgotten - they just can't comply.

That can only be good news for now.

Di
                Thank you Di. I think I’ll conveniently forget as well !

Comment

American Express
                  • Date commenced :2006
                  • Approx balance: £972
                  • on DMP SC 21/11/17 cancelled DMP
                  • Account owner : NCO-other

21/10/17 Received what looks like an enforceable agreement. Will send to Niddy

UPDATE: 11/11/17. Niddy saying Agreement is due to it being unsigned

Another one bites the dust
                  Last edited by Selinek; 29 November 2017, 01:12.

Comment

Apologies for double posting. Can’t see how to delete using my phone
                    Last edited by Selinek; 29 November 2017, 01:08.

Comment

Lloyd’s TSB
                      • Approx balance: £545
                      • Account owner :Westcot

20/09/17 received letter and returned £1 cheque( not one in my name) to either send to the O/C or I request they do it . Not bothered as yet will get onto them

UPDATE: 27/11/17 resent CCA REQUEST making chq payable to LLoyds

Comment

Of all 9 creditors only one is enforceable so far. It will depend on LLoyds compling that determines next steps. I must say I am confused why Lloyd are involved. Pretty sure I took the card out in the mid 90’s with TSB

Comment

Co-op
                          • Date commenced :1996
                          • Approx balance: £932
                          • on DMP SC
                          • Status :defaulted. Due to drop off my credit file 11/11/17
                          • Account owner : lLink
                          • CCA Request went 11/09/17
                          • 05/10/17
                          received statement of account. States the same as p revious Entry for Co-op. Not sure what to do next, suspect nothing . I’m still paying agreed amount as I have been for 9 years .

UPDATE Still no response to CCA. Plan to do the same as other co-op acct

Comment

Citi financial
                            • Approx balance: £1109
                            • on DMP SC
                            • Status :defaulted. Defaulted ,dropped off my credit file
                            • Account owner : 1st Credit
                            • CCA request sent 11/09/17.
                            Received letter stating that account is on hold until information has been found.

I know it’s a waiting game
                            22/12/17

was only thinking yesterday how quiet it has been. A “true” copy of Agreement bent sent today. Even though my address is there the agreement could be for anything. I could be wrong but I will send to niddy after the festivities. Merry crimbo

Comment

Lloyd’s TSB

20/09/17 received letter and returned £1 cheque( not one in my name) to either send to the O/C or I request they do it . Not bothered as yet will get onto them

UPDATE: 30/12/17

Letter from westcot informing acct on hold until Agreement is found. Take as long as you need !

Comment

Lloyd’s TSB

UPDATE: 30/12/17

Letter from westcot informing acct on hold until Agreement is found. Take as long as you need !

Comment

Working...
                                X