GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script UE - SIX Years On! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UE - SIX Years On!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UE - One year on

Well done all, here's to the next four eh!!
    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

err three

Comment

Originally posted by evenlessdopey View Post
        err three
        What a twonker I am, of course Dopes!!
        "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
            Coming up to 21/2 years of UE for me, time does fly when you're having fun!

When I first heard about it, I didn't think it would be possible, but it IS!
            UE is certainly possible far more times than many would care to admit.

In my own case, one alleged debt has already gone SB and the other is only six months away. To be honest, this is when you can get slightly more nervous. You've come so close to the finishing line and you desperately don't want them issuing papers now.

This alleged debt is with one of the craziest DCAs, who have only recently undergone a management change. They issued a lot of frivolous claims just after this but somehow I got missed out.

Instead of issuing papers, they are acting like clowns. Last month, they made a big song and dance about making a doorstep visit but no-one turned up. It wouldn't have mattered one iota if they had, but they weaken their position considerably by making threats they have no intention of carrying out.

I'll just stay in my trench for another six months. Hopefully, I'll then be in a position to buy this site a huge Christmas , and be ready to start rebuilding my life. All defaults should have dropped off by August 2013.

This assumes, of course, that there are no anomalies which shouldn't be there. Apologies to those on the Coherent Advice Gone site, of which I was a member for so long, but I won't be checking my credit file!

Here's to UE
            Seconded!

Now go and drink some of that stuff while there's still some of your big day left!

SH

Comment

Fantastic post alland

I'm just coming up to a year since having the rug pulled from under me, so have a long way to go yet - but reading everyones one/two/three years+ successes whether they are UE or settlements or whatever give a lot of hope to those of us following in your footsteps

Comment

I'm currently tied to my desk!
                Sounds kinky!

...but not for long, I'll soon be off for a few
                If you start slurring your posts, we'll know why!

Have a wonderful evening!

SH

Comment

Originally posted by ScabHunter View Post
                  In my own case, one alleged debt has already gone SB and the other is only six months away. To be honest, this is when you can get slightly more nervous. You've come so close to the finishing line and you desperately don't want them issuing papers now.
                  Look at Niddy v CrapQuest, it's best time for them to get clever cos we can run rings round them and stop action. I did it with capquest until it went SB then complained they hassled me for a SB debt ( ) but that was cheeky and founded based on it, erm, not being my debt either
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi and thank you everyone for sharing your stories ,truly inspirational. I am only a few weeks in ,and I must admit was a wee bit wary ( ok a big bit!!!!) and being honest I still am .
                    Flower Power directed me to this thread and I can see why ,it has eased a lot of my concerns regarding ue and I don't feel as ashamed as I did when I first decided to go the ue route.
                    .Many thanks for your positive stories and I hope to be one year on this time next year,which I'm sure I will be with the support from everyone on this sitexx

Comment

No need to be ashamed So Sad

The first few months are the hardest but things soon quieten down when the creditors/dcas realise that they can't intimidate you. It can actually be quite amusing when you receive yet another letter with LARGE RED WRITING and think,"Yawn, here we go again"
                      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Sosad View Post
                        Hi and thank you everyone for sharing your stories ,truly inspirational. I am only a few weeks in ,and I must admit was a wee bit wary ( ok a big bit!!!!) and being honest I still am .
                        Flower Power directed me to this thread and I can see why ,it has eased a lot of my concerns regarding ue and I don't feel as ashamed as I did when I first decided to go the ue route.
                        .Many thanks for your positive stories and I hope to be one year on this time next year,which I'm sure I will be with the support from everyone on this sitexx
                        And don't forget that you'll have one year less to wait than most of us. As you have lived in Scotland for the entire length of time these accounts have been running, there can be no doubt which law will apply. It will be Scottish law, so any alleged debts will be statute barred after five years instead of six.

If I had lived in Scotland, I would be in the clear now. Sadly from my point of view, moving up there now wouldn't help.

There are other slight differences between English and Scottish law, and each time Scottish law is more favourable. It is not a bad place to be when you've got this type of problem.

SH

Comment

WELL DONE allan, its amazing how we have ALL come along!

Comment

Don't worry Sosad,

Going the UE route is, in my experience, very much like doing anything that's worthwhile in the long term, such as getting fitter, packing up fags or losing weight. It seems like hell for a while then the benefits kick in and then it gets easier until you get to wonder what the fuss was all about.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                              I notice a few more anniversaries have passed - anyone like to tell their story?
                              I'm now at the 2 year anniversary of my first CCA letters (and boy I wish I'd done them before!). I've recounted the full story before so I won't again ... but just to update,

I get very few letters now (famous last words, I'm bound to get a flurry this week!) and I think to be honest the card companies have run out of DCAs to pass my debt to . The Enforceable ones I'm paying off monthly and they'll be fully dealt with in 3 years or so.

ETA most of my defaults are November 2009 or thereabouts, so I'm almost at 3 years from SB. I'll be so pleased when I get past 3 years as to me that's a big milestone!

I'm sure I haven't heard the last of this.. but I think I was on the edge of a breakdown 2 years ago and now I feel like I have my life back. And I've got to say, that's down to this forum and the wonderful people on here. Niddy, you rock
                              Last edited by MustGetStraigh; 2 July 2012, 12:46. Reason: update
                              Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
                              SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

Good news from all of you, am still in battle with some on the UE front but its just phis and wind. I am awaiting the Building society or First plus to take my former home. Am in a new rented detached house thanks to a mate who is in the business of renting property, better than the one I owned and half the price. Now I will get the short-fall request after the repossession but hey I have me BR money saved and stashed away. Even if I go BR I will still look in on NIDDY and you guy's you are doing a great job.

Out of 42k unsecured debt I have found £27,000 to be UE, I like must get straight miss those phone calls and battles. Never mind, probably tempted fate and they will come all guns blazing this week. Oh and on 18 days well deserved Annual leave from a Acute ward Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Comment

Working...
                                X