GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script PPI from way back - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PPI from way back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI from way back

Hi, can anyone tell me if there is any point in trying to claim back a ppi my ex and me had back in 1995/6, it was a loan secured on house we think and they would only let us have the loan if we took the ppi / insurance. We have no paperwork and have since split up but can remember certain details.

Re: PPI from way back

What's the worst that could happen? They say no... or.. you could end up with some ££

I was recently contacted by Tesco card asking if I wanted to claim back PPI so I thought why not.. lets try.

Wont cause me any heartache if it doesn't happen though but would be just enough to pay off the balance if it does! yay!

Mind you.. if your ex's name was on it then not sure how that works... hmm

Comment

Hi there
      I say give it a go with your reasons.
      Have your ex also agreed? As I assume the refund will be split down the middle, even if the loan was in both names and ppi just in the one, as ppi is as you know usually included as one single monthly payment.

I have however made successful reclaims from loans taken out in the 90's.

Any old bank statements should show the loan account number where you paid the monthly payments from.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
        Hi there
        I say give it a go with your reasons.
        Have your ex also agreed? As I assume the refund will be split down the middle, even if the loan was in both names and ppi just in the one, as ppi is as you know usually included as one single monthly payment.

I have however made successful reclaims from loans taken out in the 90's.

Any old bank statements should show the loan account number where you paid the monthly payments from.

Hi, yes it was him who suggested it, what with all thats in the news he always said we were blackmailed into taking insurance. The only problem is we have no paperwork or account numbers. I can remember the old joint bank account number that we shared but this is now closed so not sure how to go about it.

Comment

Hi there

It doesnt matter the account is closed.

I moved banks a few years ago and I still make a reclaim from a closed bank account, that should not matter.
          How long ago did you close it?

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
            Hi there

It doesnt matter the account is closed.

I moved banks a few years ago and I still make a reclaim from a closed bank account, that should not matter.
            How long ago did you close it?

Probably eight years ago

Comment

Originally posted by joshing View Post
              Probably eight years ago
              Was it Lloyds by any chance?
              If so they gave me info on loans going all the way back to the 90's.

Take along the account number of the bank.

Do either of you have any old statements from that bank put away by any chance?

Comment

No unfortunately not we know our old bank account number but thats all

Comment

Do try calling in the branch and ask if they will be kind enough to help you :-)

Otherwise you could try to SAR if you wish x

Comment

Knowing Lloyds they will start with no known account but you have to keep at them, don't take no for an answer even when its final. Good luck.
                    Last edited by vossy; 24 January 2014, 15:46. Reason: Eyes were in back to front.

Comment

I bet if you said you were thinking about opening a new account but needed to see how the old one went they'd find your shit.

Comment

Just a quick question as this was a joint account do we both need to sign and sar in both names? and is there a template for a sar?

Comment

Originally posted by joshing View Post
                          Just a quick question as this was a joint account do we both need to sign and sar in both names? and is there a template for a sar?
                          You can do if you wish, but otherwise if you just sign it they will just send you info of what you taken out.

I will try applying the link to the SAR, if 'm still getting probs I will ask someone to post this up for you shortly :-)

Comment

Here's the link Di --> Subject Access (SAR) - Advanced Request
                            "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Thank you IF, your a star! x

Comment

Working...
                              X