Packaged bank account - reclaiming charges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packaged bank account - reclaiming charges

Some years ago.......pre money issues and before AAD was even a twinkle in Niddy's eye............I had a packaged bank account with Lloyds bank ( Gold service account)

I have never had any PPI so never really investigated any reclaiming but have recently read an article with regard to reclaiming packaged bank account charges where accounts were mis-sold or mis-represented etc

It is not an area I have any knowledge of really

I just wondered what the opinion was with this when following the UE route?

I recall ( I think....) the advice was to hold fire on PPI claims when following the UE route until you had reached ( Or just about reached) SB date

How about with packaged bank account reclaims? The account has long been sold off to a debt purchaser so I am guessing any claim could not really jeopardise and UE status unless claiming would be seen as an acknowledgement of a debt etc ( Which i can see could be an argument)

Just wondering really......make a claim and see where it goes......or leave well alone?
    I'm an Official AAD Forum Moderator and a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of allaboutDEBT Ltd. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - find a solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it to abuse@all-about-debt.co.uk or send a message to any of the Forum Site Team. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Good questions and I can't answer them! I think modern accounts are being queried and refunds given, but as for the old Lloyds Gold account or even the platinum, I don't know, just relieved that my very large OD is now SB.
    I'm an Official AAD Forum Moderator and a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of allaboutDEBT Ltd. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - find a solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it to abuse@all-about-debt.co.uk or send a message to any of the Forum Site Team. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username or send me an email direct: cymruambyth@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Cym........I am kind of inclined to let the giant sleep and I wont miss what I don't have........mind you a 500 or so would come in quite handy.......

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it to abuse@all-about-debt.co.uk or send a message to any of the Forum Site Team. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
      X