GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Reclaiming Credit Card PPI etc...... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reclaiming Credit Card PPI etc......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Reclaiming Credit Card PPI etc......

Is this to do with the claim, ie GM Card?
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
      There are lots of reasons for being mis sold, and it may have been that you assumed it was a good thing at the time and yet did not know about what the policy involved, so it may have been worthless to you.
      Yes, we can all assume some things are a good idea at the time without knowing how those things will help when it comes to the crunch. As i had SSP & the usual redundancy payment should the worst happen, how would any PPI policy help?

Comment

Originally posted by kentishbloke View Post
        I must have had something, but honestly can't recollect it, especially as i originally applied for the card back in 1994. I certainly don't have any paperwork that goes back that far.
        I have answered this via PM mate

you'll be checking for things like did it cover unenmployment, and if so was self employed included - were you self employed? Did you have any pre-advised medical conditions at the time that would have voided it? Did you do it cos you were told you've more chance of acceptance - I hear a lot of people used to ring the bank and ask about PPi to be told this by some staff - incorrectly of course? Another thing, did you already have cover elsewhere - such as a work or private plan that would pay out upon illness?

Lots to look for....
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          Is this to do with the claim, ie GM Card?
          Yes, so should probably not be posting here, oops!

Comment

Originally posted by kentishbloke View Post
            Yes, so should probably not be posting here, oops!
            No mate - am just wondering why you're claiming PPi when this is in court? You need to wait until the court thing is dealt with, then do it....

no?

* Keep the PPi stuff here, as it's different to the claim and would confuse things there. But I'm asking if it's wise to do a PPi reclaim right now, in the middle of court action? Surely the claim would be incorrect so they couldn't enforce - in essence if they sort the PPi you *could* remedy the original breach, being right now technically they have issued a claim (and default/termination) against a bad DN - haven't they?

Have you mentioned any of thios to Paul?

Comment

No mate - am just wondering why you're claiming PPi when this is in court? You need to wait until the court thing is dealt with, then do it....

no?

* Keep the PPi stuff here, as it's different to the claim and would confuse things there. But I'm asking if it's wise to do a PPi reclaim right now, in the middle of court action? Surely the claim would be incorrect so they couldn't enforce - in essence if they sort the PPi you *could* remedy the original breach, being right now technically they have issued a claim (and default/termination) against a bad DN - haven't they?

I've sent this link to Paul to check out as I am sure it must affect their claim...... plus mis-selling PPi could be argued for grounds to put account into dispute, unless you have never in the past done that - in which case, I am unsure...

See what Paul says if he gets a chance....

Comment

Ok, i will hold off on this. I think i understand what you're driving at. Paul has had the relevant documents, or at least i have sent him copies of alot of stuff. I'm sure if he needs anything he will ask for it.

no?

Last edited by kentishbloke; 28 October 2011, 12:37.

Comment

Good luck on this.

Comment

Working...
                  X