Closed/open accounts on credit file

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closed/open accounts on credit file

If an account which is being marked default on a credit file is in the open accounts bit how does the default ever dissapear after 6 years?

Sorry if itís a silly question, and Iím sure Iím being really thick to be missing what is probably really obvious, however I was confused if they keep reporting it as D every month it will never disappear?

They keep updating the file for 6 years after the default is registered and then they legally drop off after 6 years.
    I'm an Official AAD Forum Moderator and a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of allaboutDEBT Ltd. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - find a solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it to abuse@all-about-debt.co.uk or send a message to any of the Forum Site Team. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks Cyruambyth,

Does that mean that the whole account disappears? I get the closed accounts disappear as I've noticed some of the older paid off ones have gone,

But as most are all on my file as open accounts I thought maybe the first year gets overwritten with the 7th year if that makes sense. I have one that is coming up to 6 years since i've had any contact in the next few months, so looking forward to seeing the first disappear

Comment

Accounts leave your file 6 years after default even when you are still paying them.
        I'm an Official AAD Forum Moderator and a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of allaboutDEBT Ltd. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - find a solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it to abuse@all-about-debt.co.uk or send a message to any of the Forum Site Team. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Ok thank you

Comment

Working...
          X