GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Tablet problems - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tablet problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tablet problems

Hiya , I've charged my tablet today ,it was fully charged after 5mins out of charge ,then showing 1/2 full hen empty charged it again lasted 5mins. Is my baby knackered its an ascer about 2 yrs old .xx When I turn it off for a while and then back on its almost full again xxx

And it keeps shutting itself down.
    Last edited by nanna58; 13 March 2016, 07:37.
    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Tablet problems

Possibly a faulty connection with the charger? Try unplugging everything and reattaching to a different electricity socket.
    Or a faulty charging cable? Wiggle the cable to see if it makes a difference to the charging light going on or off.

If it continues I'd be tempted to get a new charger (they're quite cheap) before delving any deeper. xx

Comment

Had similar problem with kindle fire hd. Turned out to be a faulty charging port. Ended up in the skip. Try charger first, then as Elsa says, wiggle the cable by the charging port on tablet to see if it makes a difference.

Comment

What tablet is it. That helps before buying or doing anything really.....

Original iPad's, for instance, do this regularly after updating firmware.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

It's an Acer I think

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
            It's an Acer I think
            That helps as they're known to have fast charge / holding charge issues. Example below from Acer.

"Basically, the charger that came with should have been a 5.35V 2A charger with internal settings that tell the tablet that it's a fast charger. When it's plugged in the tablet goes into fast charge mode and will charge even if you are using it. A standard USB port or USB charger will provide 0.5A and the tablet will only do the slow charge mode. In slow charge mode if you are using the tablet will only hold a charge, not build a charge. If you turn the tablet off it should build a charge even with the slow charger."

So try charging whilst powered down (off)!
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thank you all xxxx
              if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
              X