GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script SKY fraud issues!! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SKY fraud issues!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SKY fraud issues!!

Hi all, hope you are all well and good.
    Here is a good one for you.

I checked my sky bill online, and noticed that i am being charged for 2 box office movies that i never had.
    I know this for sure because the day the 2 films were booked no one was at home at the time they were downloaded, and furthermore i am the only person in my household who knows the pin no.
    I can be 110% certain,no doubt at all that the 2 films were never ordered.

According to sky they send signals to my sky hd box and they do not make mistakes.
    They have agreed to waiver the 2 films though, and suggested i change my pin no.

This has made me so damned angry, the fact that i was going to be charged for items i never had, there is no proof when you purchase a film, no receipt nothing.
    Surely a company on this scale cannot have situations like this occur??

To make matters worse, i today booked a 3 month special offer of movies and sports for only £10.00 per month then up to to £30.00 after that.
    Sky have just replied by email to say that i have agreed to the movies and sports and am being charged the full amount straight away?????

I would not hesitate to cancel all of my agreements with them but after 15 years of no problems i am reluctant....
    Anyone else had problems with them???
    Last edited by stuffthebanks; 17 November 2013, 16:49. Reason: Fraud not relevant.
    Steve

Re: SKY issues!!

Hi all,
    Just thought i would update this one.
    It has dragged on all week, email ping pong, a very interesting telephone conversation with an adviser, and finally a letter sent to Sky customer complaints.
    Don't get me wrong i love Sky,and after many years with no problems this double whammy is surprising.

The box office movies
    Sky are adamant that i had the films, and the best advice i received was that i change my pin no.
    Well with me being the only person with that pin no., its not written down anywhere, and its stored safely in my bonce, how would changing the pin no. help i asked?
    Answer given, they will not charge for the 2 movies, but if it happens again i will be charged....
    Well, after looking through my purchase history, i see 2 films missing that i know i have had but have not been billed for.
    So, it would appear that Sky were correct in charging me for 2 movies, but not the ones they have named on the original bill.
    Now that has caused a whole lot of bother, and in a large house with lots of family, on a tight budget, that technical mess up by Sky could have caused a whole lot of finger pointing.
    I am yet to advise them of this latest information, and i await a reply from my formal complaint before i hit them with this.

Sports and Movies offer

I received through the post an offer targeted at me, had my name on it and said i could purchase on line or by phone.
    The same offer was on my offers list on my Sky home page.
    The terms and conditions were very limited, but all they said really was subject to status.
    Now i guess if they target me i must be eligible, right?
    So i went for the online purchase, 3 months sports and movies for £10.00, if i carry on beyond then the amount goes up to the usual £30.00 per month.
    At no point during or after was any information provided about any problem with this offer.
    It was only later in the day i checked my updated bill online to find they were charging me at the full amount of £30.00.
    After many emails and phone conversation they repeat that the offers are subject to change even though it clearly stated the offer was valid until 14/11/13, but more importantly, i was not entitled to this new offer, because i already had 1 other offer on my account.
    Well, at no point was that information given to me, it was not in any terms and conditions, no one contacted me during or after my purchase on line of the new offer.
    I have a current deal of entertainment plus of £2.50 instead of £5.00 per month, so i was not entitled to the sports and movie offer at the price stated.
    They have offered me a credit of £35.00 off my next bill, which is usually £37.00, but would have been £88.49 on Dec 1st, and £67.00 thereafter.
    Also in a mail i received today, a guy from Sky complaints stating that if i wanted the sports and movie offer i would have to cancel my existing offer of £2.50 to £5.00 per month for entertainment plus.
    Now if that had been put to me at the very beginning, it really was a no brain er...

Will update as it goes on, it may be useful to someone at some point in the future.....
    Steve

Comment

Re: SKY fraud issues!!

I wouldnt inform them of the 2 movies mix up, leave it, just let them credit you for the "mistake" and be happy.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
        I wouldnt inform them of the 2 movies mix up, leave it, just let them credit you for the "mistake" and be happy.
        Hello mate,
        I get what you are saying, and it is very good advice, but i have no issue with paying for the 2 movies i did have, if they ask for payment once i have cleared the mix up with movies actually watched.
        They know i had movies, they just got the names wrong.
        I have no problem with payment, its the damned confusion caused that is the real issue.
        Steve

Comment

I've come to the conclusion mate a lot of these utility/service companies are a shambles to be honest.
          Just keep them on their toes and t hen try and knock them come renewal time
          When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SA Gold View Post
            I've come to the conclusion mate a lot of these utility/service companies are a shambles to be honest.
            Just keep them on their toes and t hen try and knock them come renewal time
            Absolutely agree. While you may think that a company of this size should have automated systems that are in place to prevent mistakes from happening, they frequently are nothing more than outsourced scripting tasks that are sent to an office in India for someone on £5/day to work through.

Sounds like either someone made a mistake on your bill and tried to rectify it, or the cut off date for applying it to your bill expired, or someone made a cock up in the application of the script they were meant to run, and someone else has your two movies on their bill.

As long as the film on your bill wasn't Amazonian Valkerie Warriors rated 18 and your significant other isn't in a sulk the fact they've credited your account isn't a bad result

But Sky DO frequently make mistakes on their website when it comes to offers, which don't translate when you try to order them. I recently had a similar thing with multi-room which looked like a great offer as it also offered free installation. When it came to checkout though the installation was £60. Queried this with SKY and they told me this was correct, that they installation was chargeable. Pointed out to the section on their website and they said they would get back to me.

I'm still waiting.............

I also had an unsolicited phone call from a very aggressive insurance company called 'Domestic & General' who said they were calling on behalf of Sky. When I told them I wasn't interested the chap calling got exceptionally rude, literally shouting, asking what I would do if my SKY box failed.

When I contacted SKY to complain I was told that they knew nothing of this company and they weren't affiliated with them in any way. I had to point out to the woman on the phone that this company were actually advertised on the SKY website so that was complete rubbish, and that the ONLY way they could have got my number was if SKY had supplied it to them. I also raised a formal complaint on this matter too which strangely SKY have not come back to me about.............
            "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
              Absolutely agree. While you may think that a company of this size should have automated systems that are in place to prevent mistakes from happening, they frequently are nothing more than outsourced scripting tasks that are sent to an office in India for someone on £5/day to work through.
              Yep and we all know the saying: pay peanuts get.....

But Sky DO frequently make mistakes on their website when it comes to offers, which don't translate when you try to order them. I recently had a similar thing with multi-room which looked like a great offer as it also offered free installation. When it came to checkout though the installation was £60. Queried this with SKY and they told me this was correct, that they installation was chargeable. Pointed out to the section on their website and they said they would get back to me.

I'm still waiting.............
              Snap. This very thing happened to me about 5 years ago. I take screenshots of stuff now for this very reason.

I also had an unsolicited phone call from a very aggressive insurance company called 'Domestic & General' who said they were calling on behalf of Sky. When I told them I wasn't interested the chap calling got exceptionally rude, literally shouting, asking what I would do if my SKY box failed.

When I contacted SKY to complain I was told that they knew nothing of this company and they weren't affiliated with them in any way. I had to point out to the woman on the phone that this company were actually advertised on the SKY website so that was complete rubbish, and that the ONLY way they could have got my number was if SKY had supplied it to them. I also raised a formal complaint on this matter too which strangely SKY have not come back to me about.............
              So she has just made a bad situation, worse.

Sky, in a nutshell; you are a shower of sh1t. Simples.
              When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys, i do appreciate your feedback and comments.
                I think most of us are more than willing to hold our hands up when mistakes are made, but its never going to happen with big business......not unless they get caught with hands in cookie jar.......
                Steve

Comment

Originally posted by stuff the banks View Post
                  Thanks for the input guys, i do appreciate your feedback and comments.
                  I think most of us are more than willing to hold our hands up when mistakes are made, but its never going to happen with big business......not unless they get caught with hands in cookie jar.......
                  Agreed mate. They will argue the toss over anything and everything to save face (and money of course!)

Cheers
                  SA

Comment

prior to moving in to my new house, i telephoned sky to let them know of my exchange date. They told the phone line would be set up for when i move in etc.

They set it up two weeks before i had even got the keys, because the previous owners had already cut their line, thats fine, but i wasnt about to let someone else use my phone bill thinking theres is still connected, so i rang them to let them know what they had done and to disconnect it.

Because of this, it took a further 2 weeks from moving in to get the line put back on. I was not happy.

Comment

Working...
                    X