GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Sky Sport and BT Sort - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sky Sport and BT Sort

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sky Sport and BT Sort

I've got sky for tv, phone and broadband.

I'm confused about BT sport - BT offer it for free if you get their broadband - does that mean i can only watch it online?

Will there be no football on sky sports (can i get hubby to get rid of it!).

Basically i'm trying to see whats best value but its just too confusing.

BT have some really good offers on deals if you apply before 24th June.

For broadband i just need unlimited wifi and the lowest cost landline as possible (because we don't use it but have to have it).

Re: Sky Sport and BT Sort

They flyer I had through the post the other day said that there would be premiership matches, and the BT sport channels could be viewed via the existing Sky satellite platform or online/internet TV.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

BT is basically taking over ESPN so whatever channel that goes on - 417 maybe? (on Sky).

I would never leave Sky to go to BT - that's like going to a third party provider - Sky sell packages to BT so why would you then go to BT to hire effectively an overprices Sky package.

Leave Sky each year and get partner to rejoin in their name (then back to yours the following year) to get best deals - new equipment and usually 3-6 months free/half price.

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

--> Introducing BT Sport - Watch the top games with BT - BT.com

If you have a satellite receiver box and viewing card, you can easily take BT Sport from us. You don't need to be a BT customer
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          BT is basically taking over ESPN so whatever channel that goes on - 417 maybe? (on Sky).
          Which is over 100 matches for sky sports vs about 30 for BT?

Plus you get SkyF1 with sky.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by rizzle View Post
            Which is over 100 matches for sky sports vs about 30 for BT?

Plus you get SkyF1 with sky.
            There's no comparison mate - Sky all the way for me.....

Comment

There's no comparison mate - Sky all the way for me.....

Defo - you get so much with Sky its just confusing me with the change. I don't stand a chance of hubby lettin me get rid of it. I jsut want to be sure what I'm paying for and its seems so much!

Do you guys have their broadband? Sky's isn't so great

Comment

Skys broadband is shit, one of the reasons im leaving.

I dont care about movies or sports channels, i just want the entertainment package.

Trouble is i was used to 60meg fibre optic broadband when i lived at home, and skys unlimited "upto 20meg" gets more like 2-3megs if lucky.

So im switching to virgin, i pay a little more, but i get top dollar broadband which 9/10 times gets max speeds constant, and the only channel i lose switching is sky atlantic, which i dont watch anyway.

Plus i get HD channels for free, a Tivo box, and a free HD box for another room, and 6 months half price. so in my opinion, a far better deal for the price.

Comment

Originally posted by malamute View Post
                  Do you guys have their broadband? Sky's isn't so great
                  I get a reliable very nearly 20Mb from Sky.

They haven't sorted fibre out at this address yet and no cable available, so I wouldn't get any better by switching.

Comment

I usually get a good 7meg, but their TV package is fairly expensive (hence why its being knocked onm the head)

Comment

This is the best I can get so not sure if it is good or not for sky, but certainly a lot better than BT.

And that is with this lot connected.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by pompeyfaith; 19 June 2013, 18:49.

Comment

Not that great mate, no.
                        Last edited by pompeyfaith; 19 June 2013, 18:49.

Comment

Not that great mate, no.
                          Look again at what is connected though mate

Comment

Here is my old BT results

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	1394552

Comment

My sky - on wireless phone

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	1394554

Comment

Working...
                              X