GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script New TV no Surround sound - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New TV no Surround sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New TV no Surround sound

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    Ok, as we know there is no Optical Digital on this model and the suggested method is to use RGB.

Can you clarify on the back of your TV do you have the red/white RGB slots? Should have a red and white then next to it a red/green/blue thing too?

If so make sure that the red and white connections on your phono cable is connected to the red and white phono sockets on the right hand side of the RGB component phono connections (socket labelled audio out)...

Basically try the red/white connections first..... (next to RGB on back of TV)
    Indeed Niddy, tried that, even got premium cables. Just get a nice hum

Comment

Originally posted by vint1954 View Post
      Indeed Niddy, tried that, even got premium cables. Just get a nice hum
      You should be able to connect a pair of RCA phono cables (red/white) from the TV's output (marked with a circle with an arrow pointing outwards) to the Line input on the Pioneer system. Then to select the external audio, you press the line button on the remote.

Its that easy mate.....

However, if you find you have no RCA on the back of the TV then your only hope will be a SCART to composite cable connecting the red/white only to the input on the surround sound.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

If that fails, call Pioneer mate --> http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/content/sup...t/contact.html

They're the experts.... although it should work in HDMI but if you cannot locate the 'Line' button on the remote I can't help
        Thanks niddy.

There are 2 line buttons. Line 1 is a scart socket and line 2 is the audio cable sockets. The latter is what I have used.

I think that the only solution is another SS system that works on electricity not steam.

SWMBO may complain, but hay ho. It will look good next to the new Harman Kardon HiFi.

Comment

vint if you have a hum coming through try moving the hdmi cable up and down if it crackles or volume comes through you may have a faulty hdmi socket on your tv
          ALWAYS SMILE NO MATTER HOW BROKEN YOU ARE

Comment

You should be able to connect a pair of RCA phono cables (red/white) from the TV's output (marked with a circle with an arrow pointing outwards) to the Line input on the Pioneer system. Then to select the external audio, you press the line button on the remote.

Its that easy mate.....

However, if you find you have no RCA on the back of the TV then your only hope will be a SCART to composite cable connecting the red/white only to the input on the surround sound.
            see above Vint.... all is not lost!
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Its that easy mate.....

Yep, done all that. I will try Pioneer tomorrow, failing that, new system.

Strange as it worked through HDMI on the Samsung plasma.

Comment

Originally posted by carol01 View Post
                vint if you have a hum coming through try moving the hdmi cable up and down if it crackles or volume comes through you may have a faulty hdmi socket on your tv
                Hi Carol,

I have tried the Blu Ray and satellite in the same socket and they work.

Brought new HDMI 1.4 leads

Comment

see above Vint.... all is not lost!
                  The TV did come with a lead that converts a micro socket to a scart. I will try that tomorrow.

Comment

Right, all sorted. New surround sound system.

Now have spare plasma, surround system and new Samsung 3d blu ray player.

Comment

Is it wireless? if not have fun with all the cabling lol

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                        Is it wireless? if not have fun with all the cabling lol
                        Hi Pompey,

The speakers are not wireless, but the DVD is. Connects to the internet.

All wired in and working fine. It said that I would need an optical cable to listen to the TV, but not so. It works through the HDMI ARC.

Comment

Working...
                        X