GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script New TV no Surround sound - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New TV no Surround sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New TV no Surround sound

I have had a Pioneer home cinema & DVD setup with a Samsung Plasma screen for around 4 years. Pioneer was connected to the TV with an HDMI lead and a pair of Audio leads. I could listen to the tv through the home cinema system.

I have recently changed the TV to an LED smart TV, also Samsung. I have set up the new TV with the same cables, yet cannot get the TV to play through the Pioneer. Also changed the HDMI to a new one.

Any thoughts?

Re: New TV no Surround sound

Do you have sky or cable tv?

If so then it alters things, I have sky, games console, surround sound & 3d player connected as follows:

Back of TV -

HDMI-1 - Connects to back of sky box
    HDMI-2 - Connects to back of surround sound
    HDMI-3 - Connects to back of 3d player
    HDMI-4 - Connects to games console/laptop

In doing so, make sure you view TV via HDMI-1 and then simply turn on the surround sound and ensure it it set to Aux. This will then allow surround sound to pass through all HDMI listed above but operate the main TV/Sky surround sound too.

So for me to listen to surround sound when on blu-ray, I literally turn on surround sound and set it to Aux then change TV to HDMI-3. As I do if I want to listen to Sky or play a game/use laptop.

However when I come to use the dvd player (built into the surround sound) I simply change from Aux to DVD on the surround sound system.

All mine are Samsung so connect using Anynet+ as a back-up.

* so assuming the above is mine, yours should be the same. HDMI obviously provides sound so no need for separate optical digital cables or anything. You shouldn't need to use the red/white leads as HDMI does the sound for you.

I'm presuming your pioneer is HDMI compliant? If so then all you do is plug tv -> surround sound in HDMI-1 or if you use sky, it'll go into HDMI-2.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

hi vint
      we had to go to the tv setting..... settings,sound and turn off tv speaker then it should come straight through we have the samsung smart tv so i would assume yours would be the same that if niddy's way doesn't work of course
      hope that helps
      carol01
      Last edited by carol01; 7 February 2013, 21:37.
      ALWAYS SMILE NO MATTER HOW BROKEN YOU ARE

Comment

Originally posted by carol01 View Post
        hi vint
        we had to go to the tv setting..... settings,sound and turn off tv speaker then it should come straight through we have the samsung smart tv so i would assume yours would be the same that if niddy's way doesn't work of course
        hope that helps
        carol01
        My samsung smart tv doesn't ask me to do that, and nor should you have to.....
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          Do you have sky or cable tv?

If so then it alters things, I have sky, games console, surround sound & 3d player connected as follows:

Back of TV -

HDMI-1 - Connects to back of sky box
          HDMI-2 - Connects to back of surround sound
          HDMI-3 - Connects to back of 3d player
          HDMI-4 - Connects to games console/laptop

In doing so, make sure you view TV via HDMI-1 and then simply turn on the surround sound and ensure it it set to Aux. This will then allow surround sound to pass through all HDMI listed above but operate the main TV/Sky surround sound too.

So for me to listen to surround sound when on blu-ray, I literally turn on surround sound and set it to Aux then change TV to HDMI-3. As I do if I want to listen to Sky or play a game/use laptop.

However when I come to use the dvd player (built into the surround sound) I simply change from Aux to DVD on the surround sound system.

All mine are Samsung so connect using Anynet+ as a back-up.

* so assuming the above is mine, yours should be the same. HDMI obviously provides sound so no need for separate optical digital cables or anything. You shouldn't need to use the red/white leads as HDMI does the sound for you.

I'm presuming your pioneer is HDMI compliant? If so then all you do is plug tv -> surround sound in HDMI-1 or if you use sky, it'll go into HDMI-2.
          Hi Niddy,

No sky Box.

I have Samsung 46inch smart 3d TV, Samsung 3d blu ray and pioneer surround sound system with DVD.

All connected to back of tv with HDMI, including the Pioneer. Full surround sound is there automatically when dvd is played through pioneer.

No sound at all going to Pioneer from TV and Blu ray.

Is the Aux setting on the TV or surround sound?

Comment

hi vint
            hope that helps
            carol01
            Hi Carol. Tried that and did not work

Comment

Originally posted by vint1954 View Post
              Is the Aux setting on the TV or surround sound?
              Surround sound mate. If it works on dvd then thats good, you look for a button on remote called Input or something like that and it should change between inputs (ie HD1-2-3-4 etc)...

Aux is usually anything not DVD related.

Comment

Which is correct lol, all it seems to be is that your source for the surround sound is set to dvd so you need to change the input to aux which then kicks in all other open ports and will work the 3d player and tv

Make sure on TV HDMI-1 goes to Surround sound. Blu-ray/3d is HDMI-2. Your TV must be on HDMI source as well (ie HDMI-1)

Comment

ours is through optical feed and works on everything from games console to tv to virgin box all we had to do was change the setting on tv we don't change anything for sound when we change from hdmi1 to hdmi 2

Comment

Surround sound mate. If it works on dvd then thats good, you look for a button on remote called Input or something like that and it should change between inputs (ie HD1-2-3-4 etc)...

Aux is usually anything not DVD related.
                    it says source top of remote middle button

Comment

vint have you set the speaker settings on your tv and changed to external speaker?

Comment

ours is through optical feed and works on everything from games console to tv to virgin box all we had to do was change the setting on tv we don't change anything for sound when we change from hdmi1 to hdmi 2
                        Yes but vint is using HDMI so no optical leads necessary as HDMI provides sound so Optical is redundant.

Comment

it says source top of remote middle button
                          Have you got the same surround sound system? A Pioneer?

Its that he needs to change the source to Aux to

As a fall back if his surround sound is digital and has optical digital connection then he could plug that direct into the TV using optical digital which would bypass HDMI sound, but not advised as you lose Dolby Tru Logic doing that

Comment

Have you got the same surround sound system? A Pioneer?

Its that he needs to change the source to Aux to

As a fall back if his surround sound is digital and has optical digital connection then he could plug that direct into the TV using optical digital which would bypass HDMI sound, but not advised as you lose Dolby Tru Logic doing that
                            no i have bose thats why its through optical no hdmi on it

Comment

no i have bose thats why its through optical no hdmi on it
                              flash sod

Comment

Working...
                              X