GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Energy supplier debt enforcement - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Energy supplier debt enforcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Energy supplier debt enforcement

I have been directed from a different board to post this here so apologies in advance if this is wrong. I am currently on a debt management plan which includes some energy supplier arrears. I am looking at going through the unenforceable agreement rote on loan an credit card debt and was wondering if I could do something similar with the energy suppliers. I had the following repl on the other board and was wondering if someone could clarity this

"However it would be worth posting a seperate thread in the utilities section of the forum so the experts in this area can offer help. I know theres things and help that some utilities can offer. Also, if you didn't receive a bill for more than 12 months they're not allowed to bill you back longer than that....."

thanks in advance

Re: Energy supplier debt enforcement

You can't go down the unenforceability route with utility suppliers ( though I'm not an expert in this area).

Have a look at some of the threads on this part of the forum to see what others have done.

Depending on your situation there are schemes/grants to help with utility bills. I think the Turn2us website has details.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by scottygees View Post
      I have been directed from a different board to post this here so apologies in advance if this is wrong. I am currently on a debt management plan which includes some energy supplier arrears. I am looking at going through the unenforceable agreement rote on loan an credit card debt and was wondering if I could do something similar with the energy suppliers. I had the following repl on the other board and was wondering if someone could clarity this

"However it would be worth posting a seperate thread in the utilities section of the forum so the experts in this area can offer help. I know theres things and help that some utilities can offer. Also, if you didn't receive a bill for more than 12 months they're not allowed to bill you back longer than that....."

thanks in advance
      Hi,

I've found the utility companies that I've had to deal with to be very helpful with regard to spreading payments on arrears. I hadn't be billed for over 12 months on a leccy bill and in my case they only charged me for 12 months and spread that over a couple of years along side normal payments for new use

Comment

Think I am being misunderstood here. I am not on benefits and my current energy bills,with a different supplier, are up to date.The ones in arrears are with companies who no longer supply my energy and are already on payment plans with these companies through my DMP. It is these companies( not my current supplier)that I was wondering whether there was anything that could be done to see whether they were now unenforceable

plans
        Originally posted by Pixie View Post
        You can't go down the unenforceability route with utility suppliers ( though I'm not an expert in this area).

Have a look at some of the threads on this part of the forum to see what others have done.

Depending on your situation there are schemes/grants to help with utility bills. I think the Turn2us website has details.

Comment

Originally posted by scottygees View Post
          It is these companies( not my current supplier)that I was wondering whether there was anything that could be done to see whether they were now unenforceable

plans
          I think the short answer is no. Utilities don't come under the CCA (1974)
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
          X