GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script British Gas homecare 200 and Boiler Grants - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

British Gas homecare 200 and Boiler Grants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Gas homecare 200 and Boiler Grants

I am a British Gas dual fuel customer plus have there homecare 200 insurance for servicing and repair of central heating now I have called the engineers out no less than 6 times in 6 months due to low pressure and leaks.

The boiler is 8 yrs old and coming too the end of its life due to parts being harder to get so the engineers say so I asked them about boiler grants only to be told nope no longer available now not being sure that was correct I checked the internet and low and behold they are still available under certain situations and we did indeed qualify under ECO guidelines and in particular:

Home Heating Cost Reduction Obligation
    Under the Home Heating Cost Reduction Obligation, energy suppliers are required to provide measures which improve the ability of low income and vulnerable households (the ‘Affordable Warmth Group’) to heat their homes. This includes actions that result in heating savings, such as the replacement or repair of a boiler for example.

We qualify under this as mum in law who lives here is getting pension credit and she is more or less bed bound due to bad legs and Alzheimers so I emailed the CEO to clarify and this was his reply:

Dear Mr Pompeyfaith,
    Thank you for your email. I am sorry to hear of the problems with your mothers boiler. I can totally understand why you are concerned.

I have asked Claire Miles to look into the issues you have raised. Claire works in my team and leads our Service and Repair business and who is also an expert in the area of what qualifies for government help. I know she will want to ensure we look at every angle we can to see if we can help. Equally I am sure you can understand there is clear government guidelines that we must follow. I know the team will do everything they can to help.

I can assure you our engineers have no reason to prevent customers from receiving grants through government schemes. Quite the opposite in fact, we have incentivised engineers to make sure customers are aware of such schemes.

Thank you again for emailing me, my team will be in touch urgently.

Regards,
    Matthew Bateman
    Managing Director, British Gas Services

Now she phoned me today to ask a few questions about mum in law and upshot is we do qualify and she is putting actions into place and someone will be out Monday to verify the space we have boiler size needed and placement of flue she has also put £140 warm home discount voucher in post which we can put on either gas or electric

She is also checking to make sure we are on the cheapest tariffs

I am not sure if the £11.2m fine they got hit with yesterday had anything to do with this but they are certainly pulling out all the stops.

So all in all a good result for one Email to CEO's office.

Re: British Gas homecare 200 and Boiler Grants

Well done, it's amazing how much more is achieved when CEOs are involved. It is also disconcerting to hear that so many people are giving incorrect information which could have a major impact on their lives.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well done from me too Pompey
      "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
        I have called the engineers out no less than 6 times in 6 months due to low pressure and leaks.
        Well done you.

Get everything lined up for a new boiler with all discounts/grants available but will you still have to pay something towards the replacement?

In the meantime see if you can get the next engineer to teach you how to adjust the 'filling loop' . It's a simple turn of a tap once you know which tap it is. That's the valve which controls the pressure which seems to be dropping because of the leaks. Fix the leaks and the pressure shouldn't drop.

Comment

No nothing to pay this has been confirmed, I now how to bring the pressure up via the loop and having to do that every couple of hours point is the boiler keeps spring leaks and not from the same place either and now have another one today with green gunk on the floor.

You only have to pay something under the Green Deal and ours is not being replaced under that but a section within the ECO that very few of those over 60 and on working tax credit or pensioners on pension credit know about.

Fact is it should not be leaking and necessitating a call out so often which Claire Miles agreed with

http://boiler-grant.info/pensioner-boiler-grants/

Our mum is also on the deeds to the mortgage and has a third share
          Last edited by pompeyfaith; 6 December 2014, 14:03.

Comment

well done pompey, I like it when someone gets what they are entitled to, BG quoted £3,500 for a new boiler for an old lady I go to, got a local plumber to do it for £1,000 and he put in 2 new radiators as they were starting to leak. she wouldn't of qualified under ECO
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
              well done pompey, I like it when someone gets what they are entitled to, BG quoted £3,500 for a new boiler for an old lady I go to, got a local plumber to do it for £1,000 and he put in 2 new radiators as they were starting to leak. she wouldn't of qualified under ECO
              Why does she not get pension credit?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                  Why does she not get pension credit?
                  no Pompey she has her widows pension from ICI so ends up paying for every thing, even though she is only £5.00 over the income threshold.

Comment

Working...
                  X