GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Green Deal for Energy Saving: New Boilers, Insulation etc starts today. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Green Deal for Energy Saving: New Boilers, Insulation etc starts today.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Deal for Energy Saving: New Boilers, Insulation etc starts today.

The Guardian:
    The Green Deal, the government's flagship programme to make millions of homes more energy efficient, goes fully live on Monday. But will it be a case of "Deal or No Deal" once homeowners have looked at what's on offer and done the maths?
    This major scheme is a new way for people to improve their homes without having to shell out large sums upfront. It's basically a type of personal loan where you pay for the work over time through your electricity bill. The aim is that your monthly repayments will be covered by the savings you'll make as a result of having the measures installed.

Read more..

Government Green Deal site

Re: Green Deal for Energy Saving: New Boilers, Insulation etc starts today.

Don't know why but I have my suspicions that this is nothing like it looks my advice read the small print

Comment

Too true...there's always catches with these schemes. I picked The Guardian press release because it gives a more balanced view...

Comment

The Latest: Homeowners wanting to make improvements to lower energy bills are hit with upfront fees of up to £180 before signing up to Government's new Green Deal.... Read more here
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Yep it's looking more and more like another typical coalition scam!

Comment

Working...
          X