GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Green lipped mussel extract for dogs - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Green lipped mussel extract for dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green lipped mussel extract for dogs

Has any of you used this for stiff joints in your dog?

A friend recommended it for my 10 year old Sheltie. Last year she was running around like a puppy, in fact lots of people thought she was a rough collie puppy. She's been limping just a little but doesn't seem in any pain and there's no limp when she runs. Recently however, I've noticed that she's very stiff when she gets up from lying down though it soon wears off.

I've also thought about buying her a memory foam bed as they're supposed to be good for aches and pains.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Pixie; 20 July 2015, 10:38.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Green lipped mussel extract for dogs

Soz Pix haven't any pets xx
    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

A lot of humans swear by it, so it might be worth a try.
      As far as memory foam beds go, I have one for my old GSD and it's brilliant. Apart from his old bones, he has his skin issues and every bed I got for him for some reason ended up wet through underneath. I could never figure if it was condensation or sweat.
      I got him a memory foam mattress with an inner waterproof cover and a removable soft fleece out cover and it's absolutely brilliant. No more wet floor and he loves it.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I'm going to give the green lipped mussel extract a go. My SIL commented tonight that he uses it...for fishing!

Thanks for the comments about the memory foam bed Elsa. It's good to know that your elderly dog likes it. I just didn't want to waste my money if it wouldn't make any difference.

Comment

Update: I've been giving her the green lipped mussel extract for a week now and there seems to be a definite improvement

I'm still looking into memory foam beds (ie where I can get the best for the cheapest price )

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
            Update: I've been giving her the green lipped mussel extract for a week now and there seems to be a definite improvement
            Brilliant
            "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Working...
            X