GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Dog years: The calculator - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dog years: The calculator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dog years: The calculator

Working out your dog's true age used to be a case of simply multiplying it by seven. But it's more complicated than that, and here's a handy calculator to do it for you.
    A recent Magazine feature explained that:
    • Different breeds of dog age at varying speeds
    • Dogs age at varying speeds at different stages of their lives

With that in mind, we've built a calculator for you to work out your dog's true age - its age in "dog years".
    Alternatively, you can find out how old you would be if you were a dog. You can choose to be a labrador, a spaniel, a whippet, or any one of 20 breeds.

To use calculator -- > BBC News - Dog years: The calculator

To read more --- > BBC News - Dog years: How do you calculate a dogs true age?
    Last edited by IF; 25 May 2013, 09:10.
    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Re: Dog years: The calculator

I don't know if I did the calculator thing correctly but it says that if I was a Beagle (random choice of breed ) I would be 9 years 3 months old with a life expectancy of only 12 years so I've not got long to go
    Last edited by PlanB; 25 May 2013, 10:01.

Comment

Re: Dog years: The calculator

Originally posted by planB View Post
      I don't know if I did the calculator thing correctly but it says that if I was a Beagle (random choice of breed ) I would be 9 years 3 months old with a life expectancy of only 12 years so I've got not long to go
      I think you did do it right.......nearly all the calculations for all breeds give a life expectancy of 12.5 years only!!
      "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Working...
      X