GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Sad day, dog has liver cancer - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sad day, dog has liver cancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad day, dog has liver cancer

My 131/2 year old has been off colour for the last week. My lovely mobile vet came and examined him, took him for a scan and then did blood tests.
    He has liver cancer, nothing can be done, just keep him comfortable and happy.

Two weeks ago he did an hour long walk up hills, through mud etc with the giant puppy. He was happy. We should all be grateful that he has had a good, happy and spoiled life, but when he goes it is going to leave a massive hole in our lives.

He is small, hairy and smelly and he rules he roost, the way he struts is like the parrot from the Giles cartoons!
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Sad day, dog has liver cancer

Oh Cym, I'm so sorry to hear about your doglee and I'm sending you big hugs
    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

sorry to hear this , i know how you feel i had a cat for 19 years and she had a tumor on her tummy and in the end she had kidney problems , when she went to sleep i thought i would die , i still miss her but like you say they have had great pampered lives and you will always have your beloved dog in your heart as i do my beautiful cat,

hope you are ok , as ok can be xx

Comment

Thank you both. I am lucky that I have 2 other dogs, even though they will fight to the death if we aren't careful! One is a small stroppy terrier the other is a12 stone gentle giant who has been bullied by the little one but now realises what damage he can do.

However the house will feel empty without the boss. It is now the horrible time of trying to judge when it is the end! He has been hand fed 11/2 sausages,had some water (I have a syringe on standby if he is getting dehydrated) and is weeing. Vet agrees he may be in slight discomfort but no pain, so we will enjoy and nurse him a while longer.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Oh Cym I am so so so very sorry to hear this sad news.

Our pets are part of the family, and I know how heartbroken you must be feeling.
          I hope your ok xx

Sending lots of hugs and love xxx

Comment

Big hug from me too, I'm so sorry to hear your sad news. xxx
            Shine on you crazy diamond..

Comment

So sorry to hear this Cym

I lost my 22 year old cat a few days before Christmas so I know how you feel.

I know it's no consolation but your dog has had a long and happy life...many aren't so lucky.
              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Sorry Cym....
                xx

Comment

Sorry to hear this Cym always hard I know because they have been with you for so long, take heart in that you can make sure his last moments with you can be the best possible.

Comment

So sorry. It's always terrible to lose one of the family. Now is the time to truly repay the love you have been given, nurse with love and gauge the right time as best you can.

My thoughts are with you.

Comment

Ouch sorry to hear this.... we had to put our 18 year old baby to sleep on 18th Dec - was really sad. He was as old as our youngest daughter though - so of course a part of the family.

I miss him terribly even now....

But the main consolation was doing it for his best interests as he was really poorly. That's your dilemma and i just hope you can spoil your dog till the right time comes.... not that there is such a thing as a right time, but you know what I mean.

Best wishes.
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hugs from me too Cym, it's so terribly hard to cope with. I remember feeding my old lad bits of pate before he went to sleep, as it was easy to digest. I rarely buy it now as it makes me want to cry.

Take comfort in the fact that you can spoil him and love him for as long as you can, and try and enjoy the time you have left with him. He'll always be there anyway.

Elsa xxx

Comment

Well the vet gave him a steroid injection yesterday and he has rallied slightly. He is still surviving in grilled Lincolnshire sausages, he even ate his beloved dental chew for the first time in a week.
                          Of course he isn't insured, but..........

Comment

I feel for you Cym and it's six years since we lost our old boy

he knows he's loved and you will always do the best for him

you need to hold on to that when the time comes

I'm thinking of you

xxxx

Comment

So sorry Cym. It seems like he will be thoroughly spoiled and cared for during his remaining time; treasure every second x
                              If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X