GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Need to buy a new washing machine - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need to buy a new washing machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to buy a new washing machine

My washing machine needs a couple of new parts amounting to around £130 and its £12 years old so we've decided to invest in a new one.

Anyone got got any recommendations?

Ideally id have a Miele but my budget is circa £400 !!!

Mrs O xx

Re: Need to buy a new washing machine

£400??!!

I I had to buy a new one, I' be looking at £200! max!
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Have a look at AO .com my daughter ha a machine from them they were a little cheaper and quick to deliver .xx
      if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Luckily we have a gift card amounting to nearly £1000 which my OH won in a competition at work. So we figured £400 of isn't so bad and I'm pretty energy conscious so would be looking to get an A+++ rated which is A rated wash and A rated spin and lower water consumption. Many of the lower priced machines are a generic machine badged.

My my last machine was £200 and has broken down several times in only five years. What happened to machines lasting 10 years?

Comment

like nanna I would see what AO have on their site. mine is an LG direct drive (no belt to snap) all models rated A+++ but they have others that may be a bit cheaper with the same energy efficiency

Comment

So All I've done all day is read reviews on washing machines. :yawn:

im looking at a hotpoint acqualtis 10kg one £380 has a ten year guarantee on parts.

Mrs O X

Comment

AO are definitely the way to go. Bosch are good as are Samsung with 5 year warranty

Comment

Originally posted by overspender View Post
                So All I've done all day is read reviews on washing machines. :yawn:

im looking at a hotpoint acqualtis 10kg one £380 has a ten year guarantee on parts.

Mrs O X
                We've always had Hotpoint but last time we went Indesit - they're very reliable machines. Our washer, dryer & dishwasher are all Indesit now. That said our last stuff (Hotpoint Aquarius) lasted 7 years so not too bad. Compared with Indesit - pound for pound there's not much between the two.

Sometimes the the more you pay does work out better. My mate had a cheap machine at £100 from Asda and it stopped working into year 2. Really not worth the hassles.

Sod's law - white goods ALWAYS go when you ain't got spare cash to replace them
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

My previous one was Hoover and that lasted just over 5 years. I have a Beko now which was quite cheap from AO and have no issues.

I guess only you can decide :-)

Comment

Beko is meant to be good for a starter brand. Our outside double fridge & double freezer (in garage) are both Beko - 10 years old. Both work & look great. I'd never knock Beko for refrigeration - certainly
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I think It's all pot luck TBH .....We've been lucky with washers over the years

This looks good value to me -------> http://ao.com/product/wwdc9440-whirl...e-29767-1.aspx

Comment

I've had issues with whirlpool so I was put off them. My current washer is Samsung but parts are so expensive. I've ordered the hotpoint one I've opted for the 11kg one which means it will take a kingside duvet too.

Yep white goods all go together. We replaced our double oven a few months ago typical.

Thanks for for some great advice

Mrs O xx

Comment

try a coal boiler/old mangle/and a skiffle board/not forgetting scrubbing brush!

Comment

New washing machine arrives tomorrow. I'm excited sad I know but it's the little things :rofl:

Comment

A new toy with buttons is always fun! Hope tomorrow is a good drying day.

Comment

Working...
                              X