GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Which Bread Maker? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Bread Maker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which Bread Maker?

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
    What did I tell you ......
    Fair enough......you were all right!!
    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

As Diddlydee said that is the crux of it and she is right about the paddle putting a whole right through the middle, as she says a food mixer is better then a good old fashioned kneading before putting some where warm to aid raising.

Comment

Hi IF

To give you a non-insulting response ...............

We've tried several breadmakers over the years. The best we've purchased (and still going strong after 6 years of ownership) is Panasonic.

The updated version of ours is here:

Buy PANASONIC SD-2501WXC Breadmaker - White | Free Delivery | Currys

The loaves it makes are HUGE and the bread tastes almost like hand kneaded.

Only thing we have found is you have to be picky with the yeast, don't buy Tesco yeast as for some reason it doesn't seem to rise as well.

Sainsburys fast action dried yeast seems to be best (and cheapest).

It has a nut/raisin function so you can make fruit loaves as it adds the ingredients automatically during the mixing process.

The recipe book that comes with it is really good. You can choose a 2 hour bake or 4 hour bake, and the timer feature is great as you wake up to the smell of fresh bread in the morning.

You can have a choice of loaf sizes, crust types, etc.

But everyones right - its no good for the waistline

Best
        SnV
        "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you SnV

Comment

I think anyone whos had a bread maker including myself will tell you it either gets stuck in the cupboard or thrown away, nothing compares to real bread baking.

Loafs can be small, rise isnt that great, can be quite doughy. Think i made one sucessful loaf out of alot of attempts before it was chucked.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
              I think anyone whos had a bread maker including myself will tell you it either gets stuck in the cupboard or thrown away, nothing compares to real bread baking.

Loafs can be small, rise isnt that great, can be quite doughy. Think i made one sucessful loaf out of alot of attempts before it was chucked.
              Totally agree, with the exception being the Panasonic we bought which is why I have no hesitation recommending it
              "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

We have had a panasonic for many years, it's makes a great loaf, but we use ours mainly for making dough for pizza or rolls.

Comment

Update......I got a Panasonic one and it is brilliant, thanks to SnV for his post below

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
                  Hi IF

To give you a non-insulting response ...............

We've tried several breadmakers over the years. The best we've purchased (and still going strong after 6 years of ownership) is Panasonic.

The updated version of ours is here:

Buy PANASONIC SD-2501WXC Breadmaker - White | Free Delivery | Currys

The loaves it makes are HUGE and the bread tastes almost like hand kneaded.

Only thing we have found is you have to be picky with the yeast, don't buy Tesco yeast as for some reason it doesn't seem to rise as well.

Sainsburys fast action dried yeast seems to be best (and cheapest).

It has a nut/raisin function so you can make fruit loaves as it adds the ingredients automatically during the mixing process.

The recipe book that comes with it is really good. You can choose a 2 hour bake or 4 hour bake, and the timer feature is great as you wake up to the smell of fresh bread in the morning.

You can have a choice of loaf sizes, crust types, etc.

But everyones right - its no good for the waistline

Best
                  SnV

Comment

I'll give it 6 months before it's shoved in a cupboard mine's been there for 3 years..
                    ''You know nothing Jon Snow''

Comment

Originally posted by Sophie View Post
                      I'll give it 6 months before it's shoved in a cupboard mine's been there for 3 years..
                      I've had it for a year now and still use it

At least I know what is going into the bread, sugar/preservatives wise I mean

Comment

Think waistline IF

Comment

Originally posted by Sophie View Post
                          Think waistline IF
                          I do I do.....honest!

.......it made a lovely Christmas cake!!

Comment

Originally posted by IF View Post
                            I do I do.....honest!

.......it made a lovely Christmas cake!!

Comment

Working...
                            X