GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Which Bread Maker? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Bread Maker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Bread Maker?

No.......I don't mean to print money!!

I'm looking for a bread maker and wonder which make/model anyone recommends?
    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Re: Which Bread Maker?

We had one of these when they first came out and to be honest did not rate it at all the loaves were quiet small and the dough did not rise as well as the traditional method.

May have got better now of course, but I still prefer bread made by hand.

Comment

Don't bother it's not good for your waistline.....
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
        Don't bother it's not good for your waistline.....
        You'll get a slap!!

Comment

Can I watch IF

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
            Can I watch IF

Comment

Pah.....you've changed

Promoted to a red one day and breadmakers the next lol

Comment

Originally posted by philnicandamy View Post
                Pah.....you've changed

She'll be sewing or knitting next ...........
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by philnicandamy View Post
                  Pah.....you've changed

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
                  She'll be sewing or knitting next ...........
                  Oi you two!!

Comment

Just use your Loaf! I am off zzzooommmmmmmmmmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                      Just use your Loaf! I am off zzzooommmmmmmmmmmmmm
                      You lot aren't helpful!!

Comment

Originally posted by IF View Post
                        You lot aren't helpful!!

That be us!

Comment

I tend to agree with Pompey, IF.

I have a breadmaker and it has been demoted to the back of the cupboard and only gets used for

a) baking meatloaf - which is quite rare for me to do
                          b) when the main oven once broke to bake potatoes in

The problems I found were:

- the tiny paddle in the bottom for mixing didn't do a sufficient job and I had to assist it to get the ingredients properly mixed
                          - it didn't knead as well as I would if I did it manually or with a kneading paddle on a regular food mixer
                          - the loaves were small and as I wasn't always around at the exact time in the program when it would start baking, each loaf ending up with a hole in the bottom where you pulled the paddle out

Therefore, my advice would be to invest in a food mixer (if you don't already have one) and use that to make your bread, then just bake it in a conventional oven.

Food mixers have a variety of uses and mine is definitely not resigned to the back of the cupboard.

If you still want one and can drop by, you are welcome to mine!
                          If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Thank you Diddly

Comment

What did I tell you ......

Comment

Working...
                              X