GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script old radiators no nob to turn them off - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

old radiators no nob to turn them off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• old radiators no nob to turn them off

As its getting colder and we have 3 spare bedrooms we thought it a waste to heat those rooms , but when we look at the radiators to turn them off there aren't any nobs on them to turn them off .

How do we do that ??

anyone please and thank you

Re: old radiators no nob to turn them off

It's okay i found a video on youtube that has our type of radiators and it shows how to turn them off .

Comment

If it's this type they should just pull off ...or there's a little screw at the top ....use one from another radiator to turn the rest off ....
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post

If it's this type they should just pull off ...or there's a little screw at the top ....use one from another radiator to turn the rest off ....
        thank you Deepie , i think that is the type , we have a plumber coming next Monday to fix the shower in our en-suite and so he is going to look at the radiators too an turn a few of them off .
        In the front room we have three huge radiators and there is no need to have all three on so we might ask him to turn the one s off under the two windows , as we have a gas fire in the room too . Need to cut down on the gas its so expensive to run .

Comment

how did you get on with this after S2M?
          When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SA Gold View Post
            how did you get on with this after S2M?
            hi sorry i missed this , well we have a friend who is a plumber and we noticed water dripping from the ceiling in the bedroom living room and kitchen so he came to investigate and somehow the cold water tank in the loft had swollen so much it cracked , so he fixed for free for us as hubby is fixing his computer 'horse trading' and while he was here hubby asked him about the radiators and he turned turned the spare room ones off for us , he just got a spanner and turned it .

As for the tank in the loft -well it was temporarily fixed with plumbers putty and it needs a new tank which is 90 quid , but our friend turned up yesterday and told hubby he has got one for us its second hand but won't cost us a penny , we are really really lucky here as that leak could have cost us hundreds so i thank God for 'horse trading'

Comment

Working...
            X