GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Thomson seating - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thomson seating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thomson seating

I booked online and didn't pay to pre book our seats , but when i look at the booking form it says '2 seats allocated ' does this mean we have been selected seats already or do we still need to go online and book them ?

This whole process stresses me out because if am separated from my husband i will have a massive panic attack because of my illness .

Re: Thomson seating

I may be wrong but from flying in the past your booking just books 2 seats on the plane and you have to physically select which seats you want after.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

All this means is that you have reserved two 'physical' seats on the plane (just two places - not the seat numbers) - it's normal. You have to pay to guarantee seats together.

We just paid for it with Thomas Cook and it cost us £150 each for a return (ie £75 per seat each way) - but we're going for 10 hours so want to sit together and thus include the cost in the holiday. The one time we didn't pay for this service we were at opposite ends of the plane on the end of the middle 3 seat aisle with smelly fat people surrounding us and from that point on we always buy seats together in advance.

You'll see your flight info also shows 4 meals and 4 transfers - thats because there is 2 of you going out and 2 coming back. If you get the airport and checked in early enough you can ask at the desk for two seats together but there is no guarantee and plus, on the way home you're then at the mercy of the foreign desk clerks who sometimes just act rude for the fun of it.

Hope you enjoy your jollies
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thank you sx Guy and niddy , might pay then to book them i would hate it being sat apart .

5 weeks on Tuesday

Comment

Most airlines have started selling you a flight ticket then hit you with an extra cost to pick a seat, I don't totally blame them, the ticket price doesn't keep the plane flying, a great deal of the hidden ticket cost is our ridiculous air tax, the airlines have to make their money from carrying freight and onboard sales. So selling preferred seating fits into their on board sales category.

I generally pay around a grand for my open return ticket to the US and still have to bite the bullet and pay another £35 for my preferred seat location,and more if I upgrade to business...yes they even charge business class ticket holders for their preferred seating now.

niddy Thomas Cook charge £75 extra each way for a pre booked seat ? �� ....thats a bit strong for what's basically a holiday charter airline !

Comment

Allan yes but it's a very popular flight. You find on long haul popular flights that they bump prices up - seems normal now lol

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

We've been on holiday with Thomson for the last 2 years but never bothered to pay the extra £20 to pre-book the seats. About a week before departure, if you go online it will allow you to select your seats for free and we have always managed to get 2 seats sitting together. It's a risk you take though - either pay £20pp to guarentee seats early or wait till it allows you to do it for free and hope there are still 2 seats together.

Comment

Originally posted by panther12 View Post
                We've been on holiday with Thomson for the last 2 years but never bothered to pay the extra £20 to pre-book the seats. About a week before departure, if you go online it will allow you to select your seats for free and we have always managed to get 2 seats sitting together. It's a risk you take though - either pay £20pp to guarentee seats early or wait till it allows you to do it for free and hope there are still 2 seats together.

Husband phoned and was told that my son and daughter in law will be sat together because of the little by aged 4 even if they don't pay to book their seats , but me and hubby will have to take the chance . We will go online and see what is left when the time comes .

Comment

They don't advertise it very well that you can book seats for free about a week before but I guess they prefer you to pre-book them early and pay a fee. If you click on the booking seats link but without completing check-out it'll show you the seating plan and the available seats so that might give an indication. We've been lucky on the last 2 flights - not only got seats together without pre-ordering but the first time when flying back home we got a free upgrade to extra leg room front row and the 2nd time we had an empty seat next to us.

Comment

They don't advertise it very well that you can book seats for free about a week before but I guess they prefer you to pre-book them early and pay a fee. If you click on the booking seats link but without completing check-out it'll show you the seating plan and the available seats so that might give an indication. We've been lucky on the last 2 flights - not only got seats together without pre-ordering but the first time when flying back home we got a free upgrade to extra leg room front row and the 2nd time we had an empty seat next to us.

Thank you yes hubby looked and read you can book 7 days before departure, my daughter in law is panicking because our grandson is only 4 and she is scared if she doesn't pay for the seats they will all be split up , but i read an article in the newspaper that they won't split families up with children , she isn't convinced because she said the travel agent never said anything about this but i really can't see them sitting a family of 3 apart especially a 4 year old . As with me hubby well I am hoping that with it only being the two of us we will sit together , we're planning on going online at midnight 7 days before we fly and all book together see if we can sit together or as near together as possible .

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
                      Husband phoned and was told that my son and daughter in law will be sat together because of the little by aged 4 even if they don't pay to book their seats , but me and hubby will have to take the chance . We will go online and see what is left when the time comes .
                      in airlines' language sitting together is not equal to sitting next to each other - it could as well be on both sides of the aisle or in 2 consecutive rows (technically and legally it is still "together")

pita that prices do vary so much: we paid £5 for going to Crete (£5 each way for 4 of us = £40 - acceptable IMHO), but refused to pay £20 for Tenerife (£160 ??? WTF ??? that would be 16% increase in flight price)

Comment

The paying for your seats has always been a rip off in my opinion it never used to be this way , its just more money for the airlines .

Comment

registered all our passport details on their website , then logged into the flight and our seats were allocated , on the way there we are sat on the isle seats but still that is next to each other then on the way back sat together in the window seats .

My son daughter in law are two and one on the isle so still sat together and on the way back sat together .

Next Tuesday can't wait

Comment

After booking through thomson did you get any annoying phone calls trying to flog you flight extras and pre-booking seats. I kept getting missed calls and googling the number showed a lot of other people having the same thing. When I did answer it was some south african sounding woman wanting me to pre-book seats.

Comment

After booking through thomson did you get any annoying phone calls trying to flog you flight extras and pre-booking seats. I kept getting missed calls and googling the number showed a lot of other people having the same thing. When I did answer it was some south african sounding woman wanting me to pre-book seats.

LOL we gave the land line number which is unplugged so don't know if they did

Comment

Working...
                              X