GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script parking fine double yellows ? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

parking fine double yellows ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• parking fine double yellows ?

I got a fine for parkingon double yellows- but i sent it back with 'not entering into contract' worth a try but is this right ?

Re: parking fine double yellows ?

Rule 238. You MUST NOT wait or park on yellow lines during the times of operation shown on nearby time plates (or zone entry signs if in a Controlled Parking Zone) – see 'Traffic signs' and 'Road markings'. Double yellow lines indicate a prohibition of waiting at any time even if there are no upright signs.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-high...ing-238-to-252

It's in the high way code !!!!! I'd be paying it if it were me ...........
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I'd definitely be paying it S2M...unless you want the fine to escalate!
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I will check the lines are all in tact because the area is run down so if any of the lines are broken i might get away with it - to be honest i can't afford it right now and the annoying thing is i was picking up a prescription for my parents - doing a good deed costs me a parking fine

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
          I will check the lines are all in tact because the area is run down so if any of the lines are broken i might get away with it - to be honest i can't afford it right now and the annoying thing is i was picking up a prescription for my parents - doing a good deed costs me a parking fine
          Even if the lines are broken, if you can see two yellow lines painted vertically on the kerb, you can assume that the double yellows exist, whether visible or not.

Comment

Unfortunately things like like this often happen when we can least afford it and it's very unlikely that you'll get away with it. Those few minutes you save by parking on the double yellow lines aren't worth the expense if you get caught.

Comment

just taken pics the lines are broken in various places .

Comment

just taken pics the lines are broken in various places .
                Rule 238

You MUST NOT wait or park on yellow lines during the times of operation shown on nearby time plates (or zone entry signs if in a Controlled Parking Zone) – see ‘Traffic signs’ and ‘Road markings’. Double yellow lines indicate a prohibition of waiting at any time even if there are no upright signs. You MUST NOT wait or park, or stop to set down and pick up passengers, on school entrance markings (see ‘Road markings’) when upright signs indicate a prohibition of stopping.
                Law RTRA sects 5 & 8

where there any time plates ?

Comment

I got a fine for parkingon double yellows- but i sent it back with 'not entering into contract' worth a try but is this right ?
                  That won't do the trick, sounds like something out of one of them FMOTL websites and the authorities are not very keen on that sort of argument. Take a look at this site to see if there's any chance of an appeal: http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=60

The problem with fines is that they can escalate very quickly. If not paid, it will be enforced with bailiffs, and that means £75 automatically added as soon as the bullies are instructed, that's what's known as the compliance fee. If they pay you a visit, that's a further £235! What started out as a £40 fine can end up costing 10 times more.

Comment

I agree BuzzyBee...like I said in post #3

Comment

Not a FOTL comment I hope???

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
                        Rule 238

You MUST NOT wait or park on yellow lines during the times of operation shown on nearby time plates (or zone entry signs if in a Controlled Parking Zone) – see ‘Traffic signs’ and ‘Road markings’. Double yellow lines indicate a prohibition of waiting at any time even if there are no upright signs. You MUST NOT wait or park, or stop to set down and pick up passengers, on school entrance markings (see ‘Road markings’) when upright signs indicate a prohibition of stopping.
                        Law RTRA sects 5 & 8

where there any time plates ?

I'm-not-sure-sorry-my-space-bar-won't-work-sometimes-while-replying-will-check-later.does-it-make-a-difference-?-thanks.

Comment

I have appealed it , at least to give me more time to pay it .

Comment

You rarely escape a fine for double yellow line offence. Normally they are placed to prevent danger and inconvenience to road users (and pedestrians), after considering other options. So there is not much that can be used as a defence, except, with Blue Badge or perhaps, being taken ill at the wheel, but then you would have been in the car.

Comment

Working...
                            X