Speeding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speeding

A few weeks back I was caught speeding doing 50 through some roadworks ....limits was 40 mph

Been given options

1 Educational course £70 to £100 no points
    2 £100 fine 3 points
    3 Go to court

20mph 24mph 35mph
    30mph 35mph 50mph
    40mph 46mph 66mph
    50mph 57mph 76mph
    60mph 68mph 86mph
    70 mph 79mph 96mph

my question can they prosecute me in court for doing 50 in a 40 ?????
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Speeding

Yes. Short answer! Depending on how bloody minded they are, they can prosecute for any offence no matter how small. The guidance is only guidance.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I know of a chap prosecuted for 40 in a 30, don't know the outcome though.
      if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Go on the course it's free coffee and cake plus you actually learn something. You will still need to tell insurance company tho. Mine charged an extra 40 quid on my premium lol

Comment

I agree take the course and bank the 3 penalty points for another day ....

Comment

Free Coffee & Cake on the course v penalty points........No brainer..........Always follow the cake

Comment

Good info guide -> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/advi...peeding-fines/
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
                A few weeks back I was caught speeding doing 50 through some roadworks ....limits was 40 mph

Been given options

1 Educational course £70 to £100 no points
                2 £100 fine 3 points
                3 Go to court

20mph 24mph 35mph
                30mph 35mph 50mph
                40mph 46mph 66mph
                50mph 57mph 76mph
                60mph 68mph 86mph
                70 mph 79mph 96mph

my question can they prosecute me in court for doing 50 in a 40 ?????
                Depends if they had a temporary order in place to make the reduced limit enforceable.

Comment

The second part of the table is for going straight to court rather than court in general. So any speed can go to court but in order to stop the courts getting flooded, they issue fixed penalties which removes most of the lower levels from the courts as people generally either take the speed awareness bribe or take the 3 points. They will go to court if you don't take the offers.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by Spud View Post
                    Free Coffee & Cake on the course v penalty points........No brainer..........Always follow the cake
                    Course all booked .....£85 for coffee and cakes ???? I paid more then that at the Ritz .....

I did call them before booking to ask about the calibration certificate if it was valid for that day and about the temporary speed order ....

Comment

You will be surprised how much you actually learn on the course. It's not that bad

Comment

Did the course this morning ....Like you say SX it wasn't that bad .....got the coffee but no cake

Comment

Think of how much more they would charge if there was cake!

Comment

What no cake? Take the points! Haha mine had fruit. Biscuits, cake.

Comment

Working...
                            X