GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Elite management parking fine - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elite management parking fine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elite management parking fine

Hi Guys, my son borrowed my car to visit his girlfriend. He Parked outside her house and received a parking ticket from Elite Management (Midlands) Ltd for £100. Are these legal, does he have to pay? He was on a resident only part and thought as she lived there he was OK. Any advice would be very much appreciated, regards Pez x

Re: Elite management parking fine

It's a speculative invoice but may be enforced in civil court with the right judge.

What does the lease say ?

M1

Comment

Hi Pez

As far as I'm aware parking tickets from private companies can't be enforced by law though you'll probably get chased by DCAs and maybe threatened with court proceedings.

To be fair to the Elite Management employee, how was he to know that your son was visiting his girlfriend? Does she not have a "spare" badge to give to visitors? I have a friend who used to live in a resident's parking only area and she had one to give me when I visited.
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
        It's a speculative invoice but may be enforced in civil court with the right judge.

M1
        Does the reason that it's resident's parking only make a difference? My friend owned her house but it was on the next street to a hospital so there was no lease.
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post

M1
          I will ask him to check and get back to you, many thanks Pez

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
            Hi Pez

As far as I'm aware parking tickets from private companies can't be enforced by law though you'll probably get chased by DCAs and maybe threatened with court proceedings.

To be fair to the Elite Management employee, how was he to know that your son was visiting his girlfriend? Does she not have a "spare" badge to give to visitors? I have a friend who used to live in a resident's parking only area and she had one to give me when I visited.
            Good point, he will ask her to apply, many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
              Does the reason that it's resident's parking only make a difference? My friend owned her house but it was on the next street to a hospital so there was no lease.
              The lease will say who is in control of the land. If it's the tenant then a parking company cannot have a contract to operate (unless the tenant gives it to them)

M1

Comment

Working...
              X