GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script finance for a car question please - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

finance for a car question please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finance for a car question please

Our debts become statute bared June 22 this year - our car has packed up and its going to cost too much to get it going which might not even cure the problem anyway- if we applied for car finance now would it wake up the creditors ?

thanks x

The car finance company would carry out a credit search which can be seen by other creditors and/or debt purchasers so there’s a real risk that could alert them.

I see you've diarised 22nd June as Statute Barred Day. Is that based on your last payment date or the date the account was defaulted if that was after the last payment?

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post
      The car finance company would carry out a credit search which can be seen by other creditors and/or debt purchasers so there’s a real risk that could alert them.

I see you've diarised 22nd June as Statute Barred Day. Is that based on your last payment date or the date the account was defaulted if that was after the last payment?

Di
      Hi thanks for replying - our debts were last paid 22nd June 2012- but we received defaults back in 2007 on wards - the problem we have is that back in 2010 we got burgled and they went through all our cupboards and drawers and a lot of our letters which included defaults were in those and we found letters in the passage but they couldn't be read as it was the year we had all the snow .
      I can't remember receiving any defaults during the time on this forum .

So we have no idea when the defaults were dated - we can't check the credit file as it will show up won't it ?

We will have to buy a cheap runaround for now .

Thanks .

Comment

Working...
      X