Rhodes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhodes

We're going to Rhodes next May with son daughter in law and grandson.
    What kind of food can we take in with us , i mean as in biscuits crisps chocolate ?

Is the tap water safe to drink as i only drink water and occasionally a cup of coffee ?

Please and Thank you

Re: Rhodes

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
    We're going to Rhodes next May with son daughter in law and grandson.
    What kind of food can we take in with us , i mean as in biscuits crisps chocolate ?

Is the tap water safe to drink as i only drink water and occasionally a cup of coffee ?

Please and Thank you
    I can't say about taking the snack food as I've never taken anything food wise when travelling to Greece, I'm a bit old fashioned in that respect, I like to sample local food, in fact I can't say I've ever taken foodstuffs from the UK with me anywhere I've travelled and I've been to some dire places like China before it was fashionable to visit China...

As for drinking the tap water....I would not even consider it ! Bottled water all the way, I won't even drink tap water when I'm in the US, too risky too many "bugs" travel by city water pipes !!...

Comment

thank you allan. we're going all inclusive but i am not sure if i will like all their food lol, so thought if i can take a few snacks with me . Then the water , will it be from the tap or will they offer bottled water ? I might email the hotel and find out i think .

Comment

on all inclusive you normally get bottled water in the fridge in your room,
        does the description of your hotel not say what is included in your package, ie; all meals, times snacks are available during the day, coffee shops, restaurants, and on and on .
        you may be near shops so would be able to go and buy crisp/ biscuits/ chocolate,
        some have a shop on site xx
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Where are you staying S2M?

I certainly wouldn't bother taking "snacks". There are lots of little "supermarkets" that sell chocolate, biscuits and crisps and they're no more expensive than at home. As for water, I wouldn't risk drinking tap water and bottled water is a lot cheaper than at home. A pack of 6 one and a half litre bottles was only 2 euros when I was there and small bottles 40 cents. I used to buy a couple of small bottles and refill from the large bottles.

The supermarkets also sell fruit if you want a healthier snack but, like NW says, snacks (such as chips, toasties and omelettes) are usually included in All Inclusive as are drinks. Different hotels/resorts have different rules about what's included and when. I wouldn't bother emailing as emails often aren't answered or even read...could you read Greek? There'll be plenty of imformation on the internet, either from tour operators, the hotel website if it has one and from review sites such as Trip Advisor and Holiday Watchdog.
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Accommodation Name:
            Sun Palace Hotel

Destination:
            Rhodes

Resort:
            Faliraki

Comment

looking on their website, it has a mini mart( small shop) which normally caters for many tastes,if not you are on the doorstep of shops so you should be fine,

Trip adviser gives a good review of it and reviewers say it is not far to shops and markets

Don't waste luggage space taking things you don't have to,xxx

Comment

We go on 3 May so not long now, daughter in law is panicking because we chose not to pay to pre book our seats and she is scared that our four year old son will be sat on his own without any of us with him .

I have never pre booked and have been sat next to hubby , but just wondering if anyone has any experience in this before she pays the extra to put her mind at rest .
                We have booked through First Choice Thompsons if that is any use .

Comment

This is Easyjets policy ....you may find that they let passengers travelling with children on first

http://www.easyjet.com/en/help/prepa...-with-children

We want to make travelling with children easier, and to support this we will promise that:
                  • If you’re travelling with children under 5, we’ll board you early;
                  • You can bring two items for free including a push chair, buggy or car seat;
                  • You can choose your seats in advance to ensure you sit together;
                  • We have kids snack packs onboard, with games to keep kids entertained;
                  • We support breastfeeding mothers and you can feed your baby on board at any time

To help you, here’s how we differentiate between infants and children:
                  • An infant is anyone younger than 2 years old; and a child is 2 years and above.
                  • At 16 they are considered an adult.

Comment

Thomsons policy ----> http://www.thomson.co.uk/editorial/f...gers-faqs.html

Comment

personally i think it will be fine , my niece went with her 3 kids last year with FC and they didn't pay for prebooked seats and they all sat together .

Thanks for the link Deepie

Comment

No airline anywhere in the world ....budget or otherwise will sit a 4 yr. old on their own without an adult member of the family ....it beggars belief that anyone could even think that would be allowed to happen ...,

Comment

the 4 year old will be sat with one Adult member of the family, The rest of you may be sat separately, It depends on how many of the passengers have already prebooked seats on the plane.

Comment

Don't forget that you may need to use bottled water to clean teeth as well. Not that there are more bugs in the water, just different ones.

Alternatively take purification tablets or boil and cool water.

Standards of hygiene vary. Most hotels are very keen not to make visitors ill, and take precautions, whereas other visitors and external restaurants don't have any reputation to maintain and you will find many evil bugs on their filthy paws. Take Imodium.

Comment

grief Julian, you make it sound like a third world country, not a well loved holiday destination, there are plenty of places over here that leave a lot to be desired.
                              As they are going AI they will probably eat all meals in the hotel, I think there would be many Greeks who took your last comment as exceedingly rude,
                              yes they are a country under extreme pressure at the moment,because of the influx of immigrants, the banking crisis, & EU rules, but most people I know find them welcoming and genuine people.

Rant over, just my opinion, enjoy your holiday S2M xx

Comment

Working...
                              X