GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Ebay/Paypal - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ebay/Paypal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay/Paypal

I think this is the most appropriate place...

When purchasing off ebay/paypal - how is the money transferred?. My understanding was that it was a direct bank transfer - from your accout to paypal to customer.

I bought an item on 19th last week (which I know was sat) the payment, allegedly, left my account on 23 (though I am sure I saw it there on 22) same day as my OD interest was applied, and hey presto the payment bounced. (thiis was set up as a DD from my account??)

Ironically, I received the item the day before the payment bounced, and as everyone knows, ebay usually works on the principle that the item is not sent until payment is recieved. I have contacted seller and they have the funds!!

Anyone with any suggestions/advice/input?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Ebay/Paypal

Originally posted by oscar View Post
    I think this is the most appropriate place...

When purchasing off ebay/paypal - how is the money transferred?. My understanding was that it was a direct bank transfer - from your accout to paypal to customer.

I bought an item on 19th last week (which I know was sat) the payment, allegedly, left my account on 23 (though I am sure I saw it there on 22) same day as my OD interest was applied, and hey presto the payment bounced. (thiis was set up as a DD from my account??)

Ironically, I received the item the day before the payment bounced, and as everyone knows, ebay usually works on the principle that the item is not sent until payment is recieved. I have contacted seller and they have the funds!!

Anyone with any suggestions/advice/input?
    Don't you usually link a credit card to the account, ie if the main funding of DD fails they will authorise the credit card?

Its not something i'm into myself, ie using DD, I tend to use a card so it comes out there and then. However I think you'll find that you'll owe PayPal or maybe the seller sent the items prematurely because the funds may have not cleared, like an e-cheque payment.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

As far as I ma aware mate, its linked to my account via my debit card - so not sure how it could appear as a DD!!, but that is what telephone banking told me!

EDIT - just looked at paypal account - shows funding type as being instant bank transfer! - so even with 19 being saturday, should have gone out 21/22 at latest!
      Last edited by oscar; 25 February 2011, 22:02.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
        As far as I ma aware mate, its linked to my account via my debit card - so not sure how it could appear as a DD!!, but that is what telephone banking told me!

EDIT - just looked at paypal account - shows funding type as being instant bank transfer! - so even with 19 being saturday, should have gone out 21/22 at latest!
        Feck knows mate, maybe best to send a secure message to those muppets in Ireland that work at PayPal....
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

You can use either Credit card set up or DD with paypal.
          The seller receives the funds from paypal automatically.
          The buyer pays paypal.

Normally takes 2/3 days to come out of your DD account, when paying for goods. If you have no monies in your paypal account.

Paypal normanally makes a further attempt if the transaction came back bounced, which they notify you (as well as on your transaction screen on your paypal).

Paypal notifies the seller (just to let them know that they havent received the money & not to send goods).

But paypal will tell you that your bank won't release funds (and ask you to contact your bank or set up another DD or credit card account) otherwise they will charge you £35 (I think for administration charges for non monies received)

(ive typed this from the iPhone, so myscreen is small to read, what j have typed now)

Comment

PS: it used to take 5 days to come out of your DD account (now it's 2/3 days it takes)

Comment

Thanks Scorpio - explains it.

I thought it was instant transfer! - paypal have sent me all the amils like you said - seller has sent the goods and I have recieved them so were a biy let to let them know!

Will have to make sure money is there on Monday!

Doesnt alter the fact that I could have swore the transaction was there before they added interest to my account (not that bank is going to admit that)

Comment

Working...
              X