GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script NEW 2016/17 Weight Loss Support thread - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW 2016/17 Weight Loss Support thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW 2016/17 Weight Loss Support thread

Welcome to the NEW weight loss support thread

Whether you want to lose weight or just keep a healthy lifestyle, this is the place to come for encouragement and support.

Although the weather outside is awful, now is the time to start getting in shape before summer.

I'm starting this thread from scratch so if you want to join in just post your weight loss/gain and your target loss and I'll update this first post.

GOOD LUCK - WE CAN DO IT!

WL to date Target

Pixie 6lb 28lb

Cym 5lb 7lb

NW 4lb 11lb

IF 0lb 14lb

Elsa 3st 13lb 4st 7lb

S2M 2st 4lbs
    Last edited by Pixie; 1 March 2017, 10:26.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: NEW 2016 Weight Loss Support thread

New year - new start.

I've put a lot of weight on so far this winter, especially over Christmas, so it's time to lose it

I tried Slimming World last year (using my SIL's info, not going to classes) but it wasn't really for me. All the artificial sweeteners played havoc with my digestive system and I don't think it does anything to re-educate your palate. I go to a MacMillan exercise class and one of the ladies there mentioned a diet she'd done with success so I'll get a copy of it next week and see how it goes.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

This should do it...

Click image for larger version

Name:	New diet.png
Views:	1
Size:	172.3 KB
ID:	1410378

Comment

Comment

Oh dear Pixie, everything was going so well until you started this .

over Christmas I did not put on any weight however I have half a stone to lose to get back to where I was this time last year . I will start with 7lbs and is that miracle occurs I will review!

I would like to think that muscle weighs more than fat as I'm walking nearly 2 miles with the dogs, cycling 10 miles and playing table tennis every day.

Comment

I have stayed exactly the same weight over Christmas 16st 11lb, I will aim to loose the 11lb for now
            I am about to start a "new me" positive thinking push,
            1, tell my boss that when my badge runs out at the end of march I won't be renewing it, will miss the kids but I am starting to hate the job too many new rules
            2, start exercising more, we have all the equipment here, it comes in handy to hang the washing on in wet weather.
            3, try not to kill hubby
            4, keep passport close to hand in case i fail at no 3.

Comment

3 & 4 sound like excellent ideas.

Comment

Count me in Pixie................14lbs to lose

Click image for larger version

Name:	Yoga Cartoon.png
Views:	1
Size:	262.8 KB
ID:	1410380
                "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

I'm in Pixie!

Nightwatch, you do make me laugh! Love the cartoons too

Armed (legged?) with new smaller knickers, I'm determined to have these dropping down too by my holiday on 16th May.

Lost so far: 2st 4lbs (since end of August)
                  Target total loss: 4st 7lbs (another 2st 3lbs to go)

I'm still with Nutracheck online, mainly just to do the weigh in updates, I love watching the graph line drop down. There's also an excellent calorie counter database where you just type the food in and you get a selection of different brand names and their calorie content.
                  Still wearing my Fitbit bracelet. My highest number of steps per day has been 11,000 + (about 5 miles) which was the day I put the Christmas decorations up! There's a good online dashboard/weight chart with that too.

Don't forget to check Body Mass Index too, it's just as important as weight, I've dropped 5 points since I started: http://www.nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/Health...alculator.aspx

Comment

Well done Elsa, I agree those activity bracelets are great. I've got a Jawbone Up one and have been known to walk around the house to clean my teeth

Well that was depressing, last time I will follow one of Elsa's links! The bmi checker I have been using was much friendlier!
                    Last edited by cymruambyth; 8 January 2016, 08:47.

Comment

Typical unsympathetic NHS!

Comment

My scales do weight and BMI, they also try and hide when they see me coming

Comment

Is it just me that sneaks up on them and steps on really slowly, to catch them out?

Comment

What about standing on be foot to see if that makes it better

Comment

according to the NHS BMI/ weight calculator, I am not alone, I am twins in the same body I should also be 14ft 3in

Comment

Working...
                              X