GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CLOSED NEW 2015 Weight Loss Inspiration Thread - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CLOSED NEW 2015 Weight Loss Inspiration Thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NEW 2015 Weight Loss Inspiration Thread

Originally posted by IF View Post
    Thank you, the weight has stayed off for two months, I didn't post earlier, as I didn't want to jinx it and put the weight back on!!
    I find smaller portions work for me .......
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well done everyone on your weight loss!

I suppose I'd better do my own update as I've been on a mission to lose weight since the bleddy anticancer pills and fatigue induced inactivity made me pile (even more) on over the last 2 years. I've got quite an ambitious target of 4 1/2 stone to lose as I want to get back to my skinny wedding weight, both for my health and state of mind. I think of it as finding "me" again. I'm in there somewhere!

I'm pretty pleased with how it's going, I've lost 1 stone 10lbs (24lbs) since the start of September, I was averaging 3 lbs per week at first, now its getting harder so more like 1 to 2 lbs a week but I need to address the reasons for that.

I think partly it's the cold weather making me feel more hungry, and less chance to get outside and be more active.
      Walking has been my main exercise, plus (don't laugh) I have Planet Rock on the radio all the time and if I'm on my own I dance to any good songs that come on. The dog joins in.
      Best thing I ever did was invest in a Fitbit wrist tracker to monitor my steps and miles, it pushes me to keep walking during the day, even up and down the house if I'm on the phone. I've got a treadmill and do use it on rainy days but it makes me dizzy!
      My main problem has been my feet becoming painful due to not being used to all the walking. I've just got some "1000 mile" dual layer running socks which do help. (I can't run yet though )

I'm not on any particular diet, just totally stopped buttery crumpets, chocolate biscuits & cake and any fat apart from Flora Proactive.
      2 days a week I just have soup for lunch and supper. I always lose a pound a day or 2 later.
      Other than that I have normal meals, just with less potato & more veg. No desserts!!!!

That's it, really...onwards and downwards!

Elsa x

Comment

congratulations to you both on your weight loss
        Elsa: keeeep dancing

I have stayed the same since my weight loss, which is a miracle as I am eating at all the wrong times, must get back to the smoothies, with or without alcohol that is the question?
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

You've done really well NW

I've not stopped my white wine. There's no fat in it is there?

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
            Soon be Christmas ......

Love him!!! Saved him to my images !!
            If you are using a shovel to dig yourself into a hole, a credit card company will be happy to give you a JCB !!

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
              Well done everyone on your weight loss!

I suppose I'd better do my own update as I've been on a mission to lose weight since the bleddy anticancer pills and fatigue induced inactivity made me pile (even more) on over the last 2 years. I've got quite an ambitious target of 4 1/2 stone to lose as I want to get back to my skinny wedding weight, both for my health and state of mind. I think of it as finding "me" again. I'm in there somewhere!

I'm pretty pleased with how it's going, I've lost 1 stone 10lbs (24lbs) since the start of September, I was averaging 3 lbs per week at first, now its getting harder so more like 1 to 2 lbs a week but I need to address the reasons for that.

I think partly it's the cold weather making me feel more hungry, and less chance to get outside and be more active.
              Walking has been my main exercise, plus (don't laugh) I have Planet Rock on the radio all the time and if I'm on my own I dance to any good songs that come on. The dog joins in.
              Best thing I ever did was invest in a Fitbit wrist tracker to monitor my steps and miles, it pushes me to keep walking during the day, even up and down the house if I'm on the phone. I've got a treadmill and do use it on rainy days but it makes me dizzy!
              My main problem has been my feet becoming painful due to not being used to all the walking. I've just got some "1000 mile" dual layer running socks which do help. (I can't run yet though )

I'm not on any particular diet, just totally stopped buttery crumpets, chocolate biscuits & cake and any fat apart from Flora Proactive.
              2 days a week I just have soup for lunch and supper. I always lose a pound a day or 2 later.
              Other than that I have normal meals, just with less potato & more veg. No desserts!!!!

That's it, really...onwards and downwards!

Elsa x
              I admire your tenacity. I just like baking bread and knitting, and other idle activities especially in winter. lol.....

Well done !!
              If you are using a shovel to dig yourself into a hole, a credit card company will be happy to give you a JCB !!

Comment

Well done Elsa and NW
                "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

You've done so well too IF, 9lbs is amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                    I'm ignoring this thread until I have stabilised and lost the pounds that I have gained and return to weight that I want to lose weight from

Think about it

Comment

Oh dear...I've ignored this thread

Well done to those of you who have lost weight. I lost quite a bit (almost a stone) but have now put it back on along with a few more pounds
                      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

How much weight have you lost NW?

Comment

After months of stability I've lost a whole pound! To celebrate we had a bracing walk on the beach followed by a full Welsh breakfast . I am now going to ignore lunchtime and try to ignore the lovely lemon custard elephants foot that my dearly beloved has bought me!

Comment

Hey, a pound is a pound

Comment

Thread CLOSED. New thread NEW 2016 Weight Loss Support thread

Comment

Working...
                              X