GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CLOSED~ NEW Weight Loss Inspiration Thread~ - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CLOSED~ NEW Weight Loss Inspiration Thread~

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ~ NEW Weight Loss Inspiration Thread~

I haven't weighed in yet......maybe next week!!

"If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
      Well done on that tremendous weight loss, Joshing. As already said, I am sure it won't take long to get rid of those extra Christmas pounds, especially if you are being good. (Which I am not until all the Christmas cake has been demolished!)

Boots' scales still out of order, so am unable to report my (almost certain) gain. Perhaps I should go mad and buy some (or borrow yours, NW). And then I would need to worry about what clothes to wear when weighing myself, although I would still need to wear my glasses to read the results!

Scales are a nightmare especially now as iv lost the weight, Im addicted I stand on them everyday sometimes twice. On saying that it keeps me on my toes 1lb I let go 2 or 3 im on it getting it off. Milk diet started yesterday 3lbs off already mostly fluid first 4 days but then it kicks in. Always on the loo though lol

Comment

I'm trying this at the moment.....

Portion control

Portion control is the biggest key to success whether that is bulking up or trimming down. If you are bulking up – try to increase your protein and carb portions on your plate, if trimming down – do the exact opposite and keep your carbs and protein to just half your plate, filling the rest with non starchy salads and vegetables.

Smaller plate

If trimming down, use a smaller plate if you find portion control difficult, this way visually it will look like you have a decent serve on your plate.

More veg

Bulk up the vegetables wherever possible. Carb veggies (such as potatoes, pumpkin, corn) for athletes, or the non starchy ones for those watching your waistline.

So for example, if you crave a pizza make a homemade version and bulk up the topping with lots of vegetables such as capsicum, mushrooms, onion, or even baby spinach, cherry or semi dried tomatoes. Plus, bulk up your serve with a side salad.

Having Mexican for dinner? Bulk your tacos or burritos with more vegies than meat. Save money and calories by halving your mince in a meal and bulking it out with kidney beans and extra vegetables such as shredded zucchini and carrot.

Reduced fat

Keep the cream, just try reduced fat products when used in your cooking, ie. reduced fat cream and sour cream, cheese and milk. This will save you up to 50 per cent in extra calories and most people won’t even notice the difference to flavour.

Sautee or stir fry

Sautee’ and stir fry in water rather than oils and fats. Avoiding one tablespoon of oil in your cooking will save you lots of calories. Put your non stick pans, trays and baking paper to good use, this will enable you to avoid using your oils and fats when cooking and you won’t have to butter your pans if you are baking.

Change your gravy

Instead of making your gravy with pan juices which are full of fat replace the pan juices with a salt reduced stock. This will save you up to 240 calories or 1000 kilojoules.

Alternative to cream

As an alternative to cream you can thicken up evaporated milk with some cornflour.
        For one cup of cream, replace with one cup of evaporated milk and one tablespoon of cornflour. This will save up to two thirds of your calorie kilojoule intake for this dish.

Halve your eggs

Halve your eggs to what the recipe suggests. If it asks for four eggs add in two whole eggs plus two egg whites. This will save you 120 calories or 500 kilojoules.

Alternative to coconut milk

Have you seen the low fat evaporated milk with a hint of coconut? Use this instead of your coconut milk and cream in Thai curries. This will save one third of your calorie or kilojoule intake.

Alternative to sour cream

Replace your sour cream in dishes with low fat natural yoghurt. Add it to your Mexican burritos, potatoes in their jackets and to you beef stroganoff. This will save you five times the calories or kilojoules.

Bottomless pies

Cutting your calorie intake when making a pie is easy. When cooking don't add a bottom to your pie. Instead add filo pastry over the top and cook. This will save you at least 50 per cent extra calories or kilojoules.

Alternative to cheese

Halve the amount of cheese you sprinkle over the top of your casseroles and lasagnes. Sprinkle instead with some wholemeal bread crumbs, this way you will get the same crunch but with much less fat.

Alternative to butter in cakes

When baking muffins and cakes save on fat by replacing half a cup of butter in the recipe with half a cup of apple puree. This will save you five times the calorie or kilojoule intake of this dish, which we think is pretty impressive.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

This is mine.....towel rails are a marvellous invention

Comment

Originally posted by joshing View Post
            Im addicted I stand on them everyday sometimes twice. On saying that it keeps me on my toes 1lb I let go 2 or 3 im on it getting it off.
            That is exactly what I would do! Still resisting buying any scales, even though Boots' are still out of order - honest.

Well done on the loss, Joshing. Long may it continue.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by joshing View Post
              Scales are a nightmare especially now as iv lost the weight, Im addicted I stand on them everyday sometimes twice. On saying that it keeps me on my toes 1lb I let go 2 or 3 im on it getting it off. Milk diet started yesterday 3lbs off already mostly fluid first 4 days but then it kicks in. Always on the loo though lol
              Have you got a target amount of weight you want to lose? I can add you to the first post in the thread then and you can keep track of your weight loss.
              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

So do I....

Click image for larger version

Name:	weight loss.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	1399202

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                  So do I....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10955[/ATTACH]

Brilliant Pix

Comment

I've lost half a pound this week. It's not bad as I've drunk wine every night this week!
                    Last edited by Beefy1976; 23 January 2014, 20:09.

Comment

I've lost 2Ib this week, not much but makes 6 in all so I'm quite pleased, although I've pigged out a bit today so watch this space!
                      ''You know nothing Jon Snow''

Comment

Well done Beefy and Sophie

Comment

Well done Beefy and Sophie. Still haven't managed to weigh myself - probably just as well ....

Comment

I have managed to weigh myself and still waiting for the magic improvement

Comment

I got on the scales last night, but had to jump off as the screams of pain were so bad

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                                I got on the scales last night, but had to jump off as the screams of pain were so bad
                                That was the scenario in my bathroom this morning...I've managed to put 4lbs on in the last fortnight I haven't been dieting though and I haven't been doing any exercise as I've been feeling really fatigued. I have been out for meals to celebrate birthdays on Monday evening and yesterday lunchtime and had a takeaway curry last night My birthday's coming up soon so I think I'll hold off on the diet until after that...I won't be able to resist any chocolates I might be given...or birthday cake!

Comment

Working...
                                X