GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script LighterLife - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LighterLife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LighterLife

I was the same ie I need to see quick results otherwise I lose interest and I definintely saw results. I lost 11 lbs in first 2 weeks then between 4-8 lbs every two weeks thereafter and I did cheat now and again ie eat pizza.

I didn't do any exercise at all - too knackered after getting up at 4.30 am and not getting in til 6.30 pm although you would lose even more if you do exercise.
    I'm an official AAD Researcher and also a volunteer, but I don't manage the day to day running of the forum. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here.

Comment

LOL there is always trying stuff like lowering your carbs... that generally kick starts things

Too me it was a lot of money for shakes and stuff -- ya know?

Comment

Are you still doing it Mrs N? (you can look in on our diet thread)

Yep i thought of doing high protein for a week Jen?

Comment

Yeah i was an atkin girl -- all though I modified it a BIT because well he died lol

But ther eis a great forum about low carb stuff I did meat and eggs for a week then changed it to low carb I make no carb bread etc. its fun!

But thats just me... I was NEVER satisfied on any of the liquid diets!! I have tried them all-- when I was in australia there was Dr. Tony someone that I tried and its just moved to the UK BLAH the shakes tasted like arse!

Comment

I stopped it when DD was in hospital and decided not to start again til after xmas. That time is now here so will be starting it again within the next week or so. Need to be a size 8 before hols in two month - only joking lol

I will pop in when I'm around
            I'm an official AAD Researcher and also a volunteer, but I don't manage the day to day running of the forum. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here.

Comment

Good Luck Mrs. N !! So your doing Cambridge or LL?

Comment

Will be nice to see you on the diet thread too.

and good luck and let us know how you go. Size 8............... I don't think i can even remember what that is like

Comment

Thanks Jen, I'll be doing the Cambridge diet - as they are cheaper and actually supply LL.

Will keep you updated

Comment

I have lost about 4 stone over the last 18 months by basically low carbing. (Not to be confused with the High Fat Atkins plan) When i am strictly following for good losses I drink around 2-3 litres of water per day and eat, lots of lean chicken (no skin) fish, eggs low fat cheese (i.e Cottage philly extra light) for a sweet treat i have sugar free jelly. I eat lots of spinach rocket watercress celery cucumber. I have still had alcohol Vodka and diet coke. I find i only want 3 small meals a day.

When i am not as strict i eat all veg and salad and dressings etc. Fresh fruit and some plain choc but i don't have the cravings for it any more.

Its basically a plan that suits my blood group. My father follows a totally different one for him which mean he eats more hi carb and less protein and he has managed to get to under 11 stone from 13.7lbs.

I do not touch bread potatoes or pasta now, even over christmas i stayed away from them as they are the devil for me. I had a lots of meals out over christmas and plenty to drink. I put 2lbs on so i will be working to get that off and then i would also like to lose another 7lbs before my big birthday.

Good Luck Everyone xx

Comment

OS your like me carbs and I don't get along... well we do I LOVE them but they love my hips!

I tweaked atkins to suit me (i.e didn't do really high fat) but i did eat some fats as I neededt hem I also took certain vits to compensate.

My blood group is the same works well with low carb.

Comment

A friend lost 2 stone in a couple of months on the Cambridge diet but I don't have that amount of money to spend each week and I'm sure that shakes and soup won't fill me up!
                        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Diddly wishes you all the best on your diets. I won't be joining you, as I just like food too much too give a damn what size my ass is!!!

Anyhow, everyone needs a fat friend, right ???

If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sunnylooloo View Post
                            Anyhoooo i have noticed on TV lots of adverts for LightLife and just wondered if anyone had done their programme? If they had what the results were? Was it easy to follow? Did you get bored with it? What are the costs involved??

Thanks
                            LL
                            Hi Loo

I did Lighter life about 4 years ago. I lasted about 2 months and couldn't carry on any longer. I felt so ill I had to stop. Weight loss was great to start with, 1 stone in the first week and overall about 28 pounds in total. But I was hungry all the time, a mare to live with and when they decided to double the weekly cost (going up to £67!) that made my decision to stop. Never again!!!

Reading through the posts here, I really like the sound of OS low carb eating plan. I only have to look at a slice of bread and my body blows up like a balloon.

Good luck with the diet thread *note to self* must join

Comment

Working...
                            X