GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CLOSED 2013 Weight Loss Inspiration Thread - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CLOSED 2013 Weight Loss Inspiration Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2013 Weight Loss Inspiration Thread

Down too 14st 2 lb this morning...........

Flipping starving.......
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
      Down too 14st 2 lb this morning...........

Flipping starving.......
      WELL DONE, think thats the weight of one of my legs?
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Lost 5 and a half pounds!!!! WHOOPPEE!! Discovered butternut squash chips and really cut down on carbs this week

Comment

Well Done samsmum. keep up the good work, eldist daughter has been given a recipe for mushy pea curry at her local chubby club, she hates mushy peas but said it tasted ok and would give it a go herself, may post up the distructions if anyone wants to give it a go.. I2D?
          Last edited by nightwatch; 12 February 2013, 10:15. Reason: typing while thinking of food!!

Comment

Can I join you? I had started the Cambridge diet and have lost 1 stone over the past 3 weeks but I cannot face just living on shakes and soup so have been reading the 2 day fast book - the science makes sense to me so I am going to give it a go I think. The basic principle is that you can eat what you like (within reason) and have a drink for 5 days a week but on your selected 2 days you restrict to 500 calories as a woman or 600 as a man. On Cambridge I am only having just under 400 and you can make up the 500 with real food, so lots of veg and protein but little or no carbs.

I would like to lose another stone by May which would take me to my target weight of 8st 7lb's.

Jane x

Comment

Originally posted by IF View Post

I'm starting my dieting on Monday
              Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
              Which Monday....?
              Originally posted by IF View Post
              Shurrrup you!!
              This made me howl.

Starting mine on Monday too IF.
              Shine on you crazy diamond..

Comment

I'll start mine if you start yours,

by the way I've given up horsemeat for Lent

Comment

Originally posted by tastyjane View Post
                  The basic principle is that you can eat what you like (within reason) and have a drink for 5 days a week but on your selected 2 days you restrict
                  This?

BBC News - The power of intermittent fasting

Comment

Originally posted by tastyjane View Post
                    Can I join you? I had started the Cambridge diet and have lost 1 stone over the past 3 weeks but I cannot face just living on shakes and soup so have been reading the 2 day fast book - the science makes sense to me so I am going to give it a go I think. The basic principle is that you can eat what you like (within reason) and have a drink for 5 days a week but on your selected 2 days you restrict to 500 calories as a woman or 600 as a man. On Cambridge I am only having just under 400 and you can make up the 500 with real food, so lots of veg and protein but little or no carbs.

I would like to lose another stone by May which would take me to my target weight of 8st 7lb's.

Jane x
                    This is what I'm thinking of doing..it sounds good.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                      I'll start mine if you start yours,

by the way I've given up horsemeat for Lent
                      You're on..

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet x View Post
                        You're on..
                        today cannot be a fast day, i have an extra large chicken looking at me every time i open the fridge door so, will have to give it a good send off, with some crispy roast potatoes.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                          today cannot be a fast day, i have an extra large chicken looking at me every time i open the fridge door so, will have to give it a good send off, with some crispy roast potatoes.
                          I can't fast on a Sunday, I enjoy my Sunday lunch too much..anyway Monday sounds better at starting diets..

Comment

I never fast i would die of starvation :.
                            Once in church a few years back the pastor announced a week of fasting , you couldn't eat during the day but could have a meal at night.

I told him straight , i said if you expect me to go without food all day think again, infact i said i would never fast unless i really felt i had to and certainly not being told to fast .

I love food and there is also a huge chicken looking at me every time i open the fridge, so that is going in the oven very soon and for afters we will have a homemade apple crumble and custard.

i am still losing weight by just smaller portions and i walk an hour every day and then i also do a dance routine every evening.

I need to lose weight if i am going to Florida next feb especially as youngest son's girlfriend is like a stick insect :

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
                              I never fast i would die of starvation :.
                              Once in church a few years back the pastor announced a week of fasting , you couldn't eat during the day but could have a meal at night.

I told him straight , i said if you expect me to go without food all day think again, infact i said i would never fast unless i really felt i had to and certainly not being told to fast .

I love food and there is also a huge chicken looking at me every time i open the fridge, so that is going in the oven very soon and for afters we will have a homemade apple crumble and custard.

i am still losing weight by just smaller portions and i walk an hour every day and then i also do a dance routine every evening.

I need to lose weight if i am going to Florida next feb especially as youngest son's girlfriend is like a stick insect :
                              Oooh Florida, sounds fab..

I think this diet might /hope, will work for me..eating normally for 5 days and no more than 400/500 cals on 2 days..just have to get myself a calorie counter book now!

Comment

Within your 500 calories you can have 3 meals - so a low GI breakfast - light lunch and chicken or fish with veg for tea - then on the other 5 days you can eat as you like, although reading the book they do talk about smaller portion sizes They recon you can continue eating fish and chips, pizza, roast potatoes etc.

I am thinking about fasting on the two days I work - so if I keep busy I will think about food less and then use all my 500 calories for an evening meal.... They suggest you definitely don't do a weekend as that's the time most people consume most of their calories and its supposed to be an easy plan to follow.

You can drink zero calorie drinks and also black coffee/tea on fasting days, in fact you are supposed to drink at least 4 pints of water a day.

All the stuff I have read seems positive about this, it seems more like a life change rather than a diet. I can understand that it may stop you putting on weight but I'll be interested to see if I actually lose any!

Jane x

Scarlett - do you have an iphone? The Myfitnesspal app is great for calorie counting

Comment

Working...
                                X