Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My weight loss diary

Hi All

So I am really the definition of a yo-yo dieter. After years struggling with my weight last year I lost 50lbs and managed to get myself down to 13st 5lbs.

But (you know whats coming) I have pretty much put all of this weight back on and now weigh in at a 'healthy' 16st 2lbs!

So I have had enough of this. I want to lose weight once and for all, maintain a healthy weight and eat sensibly.

My biggest issue is because of my long and unusual working pattern it means that I tend to work long hours and eat late and snack during the day as I don't have a formal lunch break. This means that its really easy to lose track of what I've eaten through the day.

So just like my UE diary I'm going to keep a weight diary and see if I can motivate myself this way!

I'll update my diary every day with what I eat, and then once a week will update my diary with my weight.

So todays weigh in - 16st 2lbs

I have no 'weekly target' as I don't want to demotivate myself if I don't hit a target, just want to try to be healthy and lose weight at the same time.

Best
    SnV
    "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an Official AAD Forum Moderator and a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of allaboutDEBT Ltd. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - find a solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it to abuse@all-about-debt.co.uk or send a message to any of the Forum Site Team. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username or send me an email direct: saltnvinegar@all-about-debt.co.uk

Re: My weight loss diary

SnV Sounds like a plan and will read to spur me on too

IF...x
    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

I'm the AAD Forum Manager which means that I manage the daily running of the Forum, the Site Team, Moderators and our Members. If you have any problems, complaints or concerns about anything from a post, a user or even a Moderator please send me a PM message by clicking here and I'll look into your query or concern.

Remember, I'm also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly but with an opinion of my own. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD Consumer Forum unless specifically stated in my response to you.

Comment

Originally posted by IF View Post
      SnV Sounds like a plan and will read to spur me on too

IF...x
      Thanks IF!
      "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

I'm an Official AAD Forum Moderator and a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of allaboutDEBT Ltd. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - find a solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it to abuse@all-about-debt.co.uk or send a message to any of the Forum Site Team. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username or send me an email direct: saltnvinegar@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

So food diary for today:

Breakfast - bowl of branflakes and an apple
        Lunch - Apple
        Dinner - two slices of pizza

Ok I know the pizza isn't healthy but I would normally have polished off a whole pizza to myself.

And no the two slices were not too halves!

Comment

good luck

I spent 4 years in the gym, went from 21st to 13st so i know what its like!

I have also put a couple stone back on since.

I plan on getting back in the gym but its finding that motivation again!

I remember i always used to count calories, i would be like, hmm, just spent an hour in the gym, if i eat that choc cake, ive waisted all the effort. It actually helped me to not eat junk food!
          Last edited by SXGuy; 24th September 2012, 19:50.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it to abuse@all-about-debt.co.uk or send a message to any of the Forum Site Team. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username or send me an email direct: sxguy@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Pizza can be a really healthy food it contains a lot of the food groups and if made properly can be a nice treat addition to any diet

good luck with your mission

Comment

Originally posted by jen_br View Post
              Pizza can be a really healthy food it contains a lot of the food groups and if made properly can be a nice treat addition to any diet

good luck with your mission
              Sure, the only thing unhealthy is the base really, providing you have stuff like pasarta for the tomato base, and use little cheese.

Actually, a really good alternative is wholemeal pitta bread

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it to abuse@all-about-debt.co.uk or send a message to any of the Forum Site Team. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username or send me an email direct: sxguy@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                good luck

I spent 4 years in the gym, went from 21st to 13st so i know what its like!

I have also put a couple stone back on since.

I plan on getting back in the gym but its finding that motivation again!

I remember i always used to count calories, i would be like, hmm, just spent an hour in the gym, if i eat that choc cake, ive waisted all the effort. It actually helped me to not eat junk food!
                Wow 8st thats brilliant!

Comment

great plan to set up a diary, good luck with this. Can't wait to hear about your weight loss

Comment

Sorry not been keeping this up to date as I've been having problems with my ISP and not had any reliable internet connection for a few days.

But have been keeping my food diary up to date offline and it doesn't make good reading. Its been useful though as I can see the reason I have put the weight back on.

So, in shame, here goes my diary for the week so far:

Tuesday
                    Breakfast - Coffee and couple of bourbon creams
                    Lunch - Homemade burger and fries (at least it was homemade)
                    Dinner - Grilled chicken strips and chips

Wednesday
                    Breakfast - Coffee and pecan slice
                    Lunch - Nothing
                    Dinner - Homemade chicken and ham pie with green veg (no potatoes)

Thursday
                    Breakfast - Coffee
                    Lunch - Burger and chips at local pub
                    Dinner - Pork chop with green veg

Today
                    Breakfast - Coffee and chocolate cookie
                    Lunch - Nothing
                    Dinner - Haven't had it yet!

Doesn't look good does it!

When I'm traveling a lot like this week I find it really difficult to eat healthily. I know its no excuse, but motorway service stations are really bad places to stop. The majority of things on offer are just not good for you. Its ironic that when I'm busy with work is when I eat the worst.

Comment

Hi all

Weigh in this morning............. 16st 1lb

Incredible! Despite eating like a pig I have lost 1lb!

Comment

Hmmmmmmmm

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
                          Hi All

But (you know whats coming) I have pretty much put all of this weight back on and now weigh in at a 'healthy' 16st 2lbs!

Best
                          SnV
                          I dream of being 16st 2lbs

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                            Hmmmmmmmm

Norty Niddy!!
                            "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

I'm the AAD Forum Manager which means that I manage the daily running of the Forum, the Site Team, Moderators and our Members. If you have any problems, complaints or concerns about anything from a post, a user or even a Moderator please send me a PM message by clicking here and I'll look into your query or concern.

Remember, I'm also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly but with an opinion of my own. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD Consumer Forum unless specifically stated in my response to you.

Comment

Hi All

I've not started too well at this have I?! I've not been updating as I've been on the road a lot so not really been keeping track of what I've been eating and it shows............

Weigh in this morning - 16st 3lbs - a gain of 2lbs

Hopefully a healthier week this week!

Comment

Working...
                              X