GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Mother been diagnosed with Heart Failure - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mother been diagnosed with Heart Failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mother been diagnosed with Heart Failure

So sorry that they are being so bleddy useless SXGuy. This sort of thing happens frighteningly often. Happened to me with an urgent neuro referral. God knows how anyone who doesn't know to chase things up gets through the system at all.
    All you can do is keep at them and play hell

Comment

I'm sure there's plenty who don't chase these things up and sit there for months wondering what's happening.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

a good friend who is a very senior nurse with the local health board, would say chase everything, set your own performance standards for them and push them until it all gets done and she's in the system...........................

Comment

Originally posted by Inca View Post
          I have MS Patch...if you ever need a chat (diagnosed at 23....)

Thank you for that! ((( huG ))) I have my first Neuro on the 4th where he will tell em whats what and look at the MRI.... I may not have it, I may just be falling apart for another reason lol!

I'll certainly grab you if the DX is MS... thank you xxx

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
            I'm sure there's plenty who don't chase these things up and sit there for months wondering what's happening.
            Thats the sad thing.

I feel your anger... Essex hospitals seem to have very slack staff. It took me a few phonecalls to sort out my own tumor removal surgery as the consultant (and my surgeon) kept forgetting to ask his secretary to book me in. Each time I called he'd say yes I'll sort it for next week... then nothing and when I called back he'd say he forgot... oh yeah cheers, I have what we both thought was cancer in my throat and he FORGOT to book the op.

Eventually I spoke to the scretary myself and said I would call back in an hour to confirm she had booked me in for the op.

Then... ha ha.. then when I went to the hospital for the op 4 days before Christmas, they said I wasn't on the system!!! I wasn't booked in... So there was I standing in the ward at Broomfield hospital and all anyone could here was me shout out "MOTHER F*CKER!" before I sat on the floor and burst into tears! lmao ... After I'd told them the story they called my consultant who confirmed HE had me booked in for the op in his private diary.

I mean ffs!!! Talk about drive a person to insanity!! The poor lady on my ward had been to the GP 7 times over a year to complain about difficulty swallowing, she'd gone from 18 stone to 9 stone in that time and it was only when she said she wasn't leaving the surgery that her GP booked her in for tests at the hospital. They found cancer Poor Margaret died a few weeks later.... They COULD have saved her...

As has been said above... Keep on their backs, they get paid regardless of when we are seen so keep on and on until they give you what you want just to shut you up. I mean it took me a visit to the optician before my GP suddenly took notice of the other things I'd been complaining about over the last couple of years... ridiculous!

Comment

I know, it was a battle even getting my mother this far. 3 weeks and 3 different GP's my mother saw, complaining of breathlessness, not being able to walk far, swollen feet and legs. Each one refered her for blood tests, then nothing.

If you read back in this thread, one of them even had the cheek, when my mother asked if there was anything they could do for her, said, if there is, can I have some?

When they finally discovered it was a heart problem, after hooking her up to an Echocardiogram, the GP then said, I don't know enough about it, ill fax a request to see a consultant, it was that same week she had a stroke. If the first GP had said, go to A&E straight away, then she could potentially avoided a stroke, and wouldn't have needed to spend 4 weeks in hospital.

I will be getting her to ring the hospital again next week to chase the appointment letter if it doesn't arrive. And once the endoscopy is done, again chasing for the results. And then again chasing to rebook her angiogram. I knew the NHS was bad, I didn't know it was this bad.

When my dad was first diagnosed with cancer 20 years ago, he literally saw his GP, because he noticed a spot on his cheek, GP said straight away, its cancer get down the hospital now. After that the service was excellent. Since then neither me or my mother have needed the NHS, so we didn't quite know just how bad it was until now.

We knew it wasn't great, but didn't know the most basic tasks like a referral cant even be handled.
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

So my mother received her appointment for an endoscopy last week.

1st July!!!!

What an F'ing joke, hardly urgent is it!!

Telephoned the hospital, they cant do anything sooner, they said they have loads of referals for an endoscopy every day, and unlikely to find a cancellation.

My mothers community heart nurse visited her yesterday, she somewhat reassured us that it shouldn't take to long to get back on track, said they usually tell you if they see anything while they are doing it, don't tend to wait to long for results. Yeah that's fine IF they see anything.

Anyway they meet up with the cardiologists every fortnight, and is due a meeting next Monday, she said she will put my mothers case to her and see if theres anything they can do to speed up getting the angiogram underway.

So heres hoping!

Comment

Hope they can speed things up for you xx

Comment

I have my fingers crossed your Mum gets an earlier appointment SXGuy
                    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

I feel for you SXGuy, I really do, I remember going through similar with my beloved dad!

Sorry I have not posted much here SXGuy, I find it painful due to memories, but we are all with you and your lovely mother all the way, fingers crossed all will be sorted out very soon X

Comment

Thanx Di. I understand I'm the same with threads regarding cancer. Dad died of it some years ago after a long fight so I understand how you feel.

Comment

So sorry about your dad too SXGuy, blimey you have all been through it x

Comment

I cannot believe how different our PCT/Hospitals are.
                            My DIL Alice kept complaining of pain in her hip/lower back..She saw our GP 3rd week in May,,was immediately sent for an Xray,,that showed a very slight scoliosis at the base of her spine,but Dr thought it too insignificant to be causing the level of pain she's clearly in.
                            She got referred to Osteo clinic,,got appt through for 28th May,,saw Consultant,,has MRI booked for 11th June @7.20pm,
                            Physio is set up to start as soon as we get back from USA.

Doesn't make sense how one area differs so much from another does it??

I wish your Mum better x
                            Inca has left the building,too old to keep reading HISTORY that others keep re-writing.

I was there,,I saw what you did,saw it with my own 2 eyes.wipe off that grin,I know were you've been,it's all been a pack of lies.....(Phil Collins,Coming in the air tonight)

Comment

I think it's all down to the local Trust and how it's ran. Plus maybe some areas have a higher number of referrals for specific treatments. I'm only guessing. But to top it all off I have now gone deaf in my left ear. Need it syringed :-(

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                                I think it's all down to the local Trust and how it's ran. Plus maybe some areas have a higher number of referrals for specific treatments. I'm only guessing. But to top it all off I have now gone deaf in my left ear. Need it syringed :-(

Aaah,thats where my lot fall down,,,,they insist on self treatment for blocked ears lol
                                Inca has left the building,too old to keep reading HISTORY that others keep re-writing.

I was there,,I saw what you did,saw it with my own 2 eyes.wipe off that grin,I know were you've been,it's all been a pack of lies.....(Phil Collins,Coming in the air tonight)

Comment

Working...
                                X