GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Hysterectomy advice please.... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hysterectomy advice please....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hysterectomy advice please....

Hi all,

I was wondering if any of you had any experiences; positive or negative.... about post-hysterectomy effects, etc.

It looks like I will have to have one because I have a large calcified fibroid mass and I would like to know what's in store so I can prepare myself ..... Not sure how I feel at the moment but know it needs to be done because I feel like sh*t a lot of the time.

The only upshot to all this is that I will get heaps of time off work on full pay..... so it's not all bad.

Remember the mantra:
    NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
    Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
    Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Hysterectomy advice please....

I don't have any personal experience, but did want to wish you all the very best, P1.

I did once work with a lady who had a hysterectomy and she was amazing afterwards. Sure she needed the time off work to recover, but she had nothing negative to say at all about the whole thing.

Everyone will have a different story to tell so best be positive and take each day as it comes?

xx
    If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Thank you Diddly....

My next appt. will determine which road to take but hysterectomy is looking likely because of my age and the size of the fibroid. My understanding (so far) is that no other method will get rid of it but the next appt. will confirm this for sure.

I hate the thought of surgery though. It took ages for me to agree to thyroid surgery 10 years ago but once it was done, I was glad I'd gone through with it.

Nevertheless, I'm not brave when it comes to things like this....
      Remember the mantra:

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

All I can tell you is that my sister had one. She had felt terrible for a couple of years before the operation and she took the recuperation to heart (the rest of us were exhausted!!!) but she has said that it is the best thing that she has ever done. I will say that she felt really rough immediately after the op and didn't want to talk to anyone, but that didn't last long.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
          All I can tell you is that my sister had one. She had felt terrible for a couple of years before the operation and she took the recuperation to heart (the rest of us were exhausted!!!) but she has said that it is the best thing that she has ever done. I will say that she felt really rough immediately after the op and didn't want to talk to anyone, but that didn't last long.

Good luck.
          Thank you
          Remember the mantra:

Comment

P1, my hysterectomy was 15 years ago and I found that the recovery was really quick, with no problems at all. I hope the surgery goes well for you and enjoy the rest from work :-)
            Dibs x
            Last edited by daisy; 29 May 2013, 08:20. Reason: Typo

Comment

Wishing you all the best P1.

I've no experience of hysterectomy...yet. I'm currently undergoing investigations with hysteroscopy/biopsy booked in June so I'll know more then.

No pay for me though

I only hope, if you do have to have an hysterectomy, that it isn't booked for the summer holidays...that would be so unfair for you with all the sh!t you have to put up with at work. xx
              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                Wishing you all the best P1.

I've no experience of hysterectomy...yet. I'm currently undergoing investigations with hysteroscopy/biopsy booked in June so I'll know more then.

No pay for me though

I only hope, if you do have to have an hysterectomy, that it isn't booked for the summer holidays...that would be so unfair for you with all the sh!t you have to put up with at work. xx
                The stress of worrying about income at a time like this is awful Pix.....

I will make damn sure any op. I have doesn't fall in the holidays.... already thought of that....

Thanks for your post Dibs.... that's really encouraging
                Last edited by PriorityOne; 29 May 2013, 09:02.
                Remember the mantra:

Comment

My Ex had one years ago = she changed completly & began a different way of life, as if she was looking for something!

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
                    The stress of worrying about income at a time like this is awful Pix.....
                    Thanks P1 x

Comment

Hi P1

I had to have that done for huge fibroid and twisted womb, was in agony for a year and spent most of my time flat on my back on drugs for pain, after the op I felt like a new person, was painful but nothing compared to what it was before, I refused strong drugs and took paracetomol, nurses kept telling me to slow down, I was home in 3 days and back at work in 12 weeks and havent looked back. Hope it goes well for you too. I think every woman should have one if they want it, it saves a fortune in the chemist lol.

Best wishes Fredbare

Comment

Originally posted by fredbare View Post
                        Hi P1

I had to have that done for huge fibroid and twisted womb, was in agony for a year and spent most of my time flat on my back on drugs for pain, after the op I felt like a new person, was painful but nothing compared to what it was before, I refused strong drugs and took paracetomol, nurses kept telling me to slow down, I was home in 3 days and back at work in 12 weeks and havent looked back. Hope it goes well for you too. I think every woman should have one if they want it, it saves a fortune in the chemist lol.

Best wishes Fredbare
                        Fred's a woman

Just shows you I shouldn't "assume"

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                          Fred's a woman
                          I hope so!!....

Remember the mantra:

Comment

Hi p1 I had a hysterectomy a while ago best thing I ever did... recovery about 2 weeks and no pain I felt amazing. 6 weeks for back to "normal" life and to be honest HRT wasn't so bad either.

let me know if i can help.

Comment

Originally posted by jen_br View Post
                              Hi p1 I had a hysterectomy a while ago best thing I ever did... recovery about 2 weeks and no pain I felt amazing. 6 weeks for back to "normal" life and to be honest HRT wasn't so bad either.

let me know if i can help.
                              Thank you Jen.... I'm feeling much more positive now

I doubt it will happen for a while yet as I need this next appt. to talk things through with a Consultant but I will keep you all posted....

Remember the mantra:

Comment

Working...
                              X