GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Ebay item not as described. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ebay item not as described.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay item not as described.

Hi all,

Due to losing a stone I've bought some new clothes on ebay. I got one today, and instead of being a Next dress, it's by Papaya. Obviously a huge difference in quality, and sizing, and I wouldn't have paid a fiver plus £3 postage for it.

I just went to email the seller, but I'm not sure what to say or ask for?

I know it's only a fiver, but on ebay that gets quite a lot, and I'm annoyed that the listing said three times that it's from Next. I mean, did they think I wouldn't notice?!

Re: Ebay item not as described.

Originally posted by Ames View Post
    Due to losing a stone I've bought some new clothes on ebay. I got one today, and instead of being a Next dress, it's by Papaya. Obviously a huge difference in quality, and sizing, and I wouldn't have paid a fiver plus £3 postage for it.

I just went to email the seller, but I'm not sure what to say or ask for?

I know it's only a fiver, but on ebay that gets quite a lot, and I'm annoyed that the listing said three times that it's from Next. I mean, did they think I wouldn't notice?!
    Perhaps you could ask how their guide dog wrapped it so well?

Just raise a complaint through PayPal, stating that the goods were not as described and let the vendor reply. If they do not give you a refund, escalate your complaint to a claim.

Comment

Thanks, it seems a bit mean to go straight to paypal though? Then again, it was clearly done on purpose, 'Next' was in the title, listing, and box with details. So they had to write it three times.

Comment

Thanks, it seems a bit mean to go straight to paypal though? Then again, it was clearly done on purpose, 'Next' was in the title, listing, and box with details. So they had to write it three times.
        They do this to get keyword hits, ie imagine how many times Next is searched for as opposed to 'Papaya'

I would go to the seller and say you aint impressed and that it's of no use being all your stuff comes from Next thus you knew it'd fit properly if it had been from the ststed manufacturer.

That's giving them a chance to offer a refund, at least!
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          They do this to get keyword hits, ie imagine how many times Next is searched for as opposed to 'Papaya'
          It could be a bit irritating though, if one had been searching for tropical fruit only to find one's search bringing up lots of frocks.

The usual method of "keyword spamming" - which is the name eBay gives to this practice - is to state that a product is not something, or to state it is like something. Hence, this frock might be like Next and not Laura Ashley; it would still get more keyword hits than a straight description, but the buyer is less likely to be deceived.

Comment

Hi Ames

I would def contact the Seller first as Nid suggests as hopefully you will be able to sort it out between you and if not then you will have to escalate it

good luck

Comment

Originally posted by LooLoo View Post
              I would def contact the Seller first as Nid suggests as hopefully you will be able to sort it out between you and if not then you will have to escalate it
              But do not discuss the matter for so long that you miss the deadline for submitting a claim.

Comment

Good point!

Comment

Thanks everyone, just sent a polite message saying I'm disappointed and would appreciate a refund.

I've been caught by keyword spamming before, but I accept it was my own fault for not reading the listing properly. This wasn't spamming though, it was out and out lying.

Comment

it was out and out lying.
                    No, it wasn't.

It was fraud.

Comment

Remember to leave negative feedback on the ebay site so others are warned

Comment

The best negative feedback I saw was for a rather slow supplier of canvas-bonded prints:

"Someday, my prints will come..."

Comment

Had a message back from the seller saying she doesn't know how it happened, but giving me a full refund and saying to keep the dress. So I'm happy with that.

Comment

Working...
                          X