GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Help with my teething baby? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with my teething baby?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with my teething baby?

Hey guys.

Ava is coming up to 3 months now (Wheres the time gone?) and as usual shes abit advanced for her age and i think has started to teeth, poor soldier!

Shes been more irratated than usual, she wont sleep as much at night anymore, hasnt got a temp, one cheek is slightly red, when she isnt screaming shes moaning like shes in pain. Not a lot i can do, shes quiet in between the pain, shes just not her usual self.

Have calpol suspension which we plan to try later, however cos of her age she cant have to much so were trying to hold off until the evening so she sleeps better.

Anyone got any advice on what i can try? Teething rings are too big for her mouth at the moment so that aint helping lol.

To top it all off, the wife has a cold so lack of sleep is doing her head in, and i have to work so i cant be up all night with her either.

Felt so sad for her this morning, was trying to smile at me inbetween the pain
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Help with my teething baby?

Welcome to parenthood

My two girls are 18/16 and it don't get any easier......
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

suprising what worked with our little guy...he seemed to love cold grapes from the fridge

and he battered one of these (sophie the Giraffe)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sophie-Giraf...iraffe+teether

Comment

id try grapes but shes to young to eat solids. And she spits dummys out so thats not gonna help either lol Giraffe seems like a good one, she could prob get its ears in her mouth lol

Comment

Hmm apologies i'd forgotten about solids..oops

Boots from memory did a small teething ring filled with fluid you could pop those in the fridge as well..seemed to have good reports from the playgroup friends

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
            Welcome to parenthood

My two girls are 18/16 and it don't get any easier......
            It still doesn't get any easier when they're in their 20s and 30s!!!

Mine had a giraffe (not a teething giraffe) that they loved to chew on.

I was going to suggest a teething gel but I've just looked on the NHS site and it says for babies aged over 4 months. However, Dentinox says it's suitable from birth.

The NHS site also suggests a cold, wet flannel as an alternative to teething rings.
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

oooh a cold wet flannel sounds like a good idea! Thanks!

Comment

I'd use cooled boiled water.
                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Of course, quite right

Comment

If the teeth are coming through they are razor sharp, so don't forget to buy extra teats for the bottles. If not there will be no sleep at all.

Solids do affect babies at different times, but at three months you could try giving something like a cold, raw carrot to gnaw on. It should be hard enough and big enough not to break off, but keep an eye on the child.

Comment

Thanks.

I got home a few hours ago and she seems to be a bit better. But she is drooling eveywhere!.

Comment

Oh I do feel for you, I remember teething well! Half the recommended dose of calpol is what we used; and don't forget, you can get calpol in ibuprofen and paracetomol varieities which can both be given to ease pain (check age limitations, as I can't remember which age they are appropriate for).

Anything that is cold will bring relief (as said, wet flannel, teething ring, dummy etc). Stick it in the freezer to get it cold quicker, but don't let it freeze unless recommended on the product.

Some people are swearing by amber. You can buy a string of amber which baby wears around the foot or wrist (it isn't for chewing and shouldn't EVER be worn around the neck). It would need supervision to prevent swallowing of the beads etc. But they are supposed to be miraculous! I haven't tried them as they weren't available when my daughter was a baby. It's worth a go if all else fails, but would have to be supervised 100% or worn under a baby grow etc, to ensure baby can't get hold of them and eat them!
                        If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Thanks, ill look in to Amber.

Shes just about worked out how to suck her fist and hold a teething ring. She holds it, but trys to get her hand in her gob instead its quite funny really.

She seems a lot better today, but my wife is absolutely shattered, she was in tears earlier, her mum is going to stay over tomorrow night and do the night feeds. Im gonna take the little one out for the day round my mothers beforehand, give her a break.

Just wish there was more i could do, but im the only one working so cant take over the night feeds during the week, and my wife is shattered from lack of sleep.

Sent her to bed at 7 when Ava finally went down, so fingers crossed she will get a solid 7 hours before Ava wakes up again for a feed.

Shes quite good in that respect, shes sleeping from 7pm till nearly 4am most nights now without a feed.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                            Just wish there was more i could do
                            I think you've done enough.........

Comment

haha, our plan was to have two, she said to me earlier, if i ever say that again shoot me. I knew it would be hard, but ive always been the laid back type who goes with the flow, shes more of a control freak, and well, you cant control a baby so its kinda hit her abit harder than she thought it would.

Comment

Working...
                              X