GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script i am finding it a burden looking after my parents now - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i am finding it a burden looking after my parents now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: i am finding it a burden looking after my parents now

Pleased to hear things are getting better now S2M
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Sosad View Post
      Hiya Spent2Much

So glad things seem to be settling down , everyone gets a bit stressed over the holiday period. Glad you spoke to your brother and he understands how horrible and frightening these attacks can be .

Take care ,you sound like a good caring person , be kind to yourself.

Sosadxx
      hi, thank you I do try and be caring

Comment

My brother helps more now i am pleased to say , while mum was at the hospital last Wednesday it was expected that i sit with my dad for 4 hours but i had planned to go out with my husband for the day and so my brother sat with him .
        I feel its his duty also and not just mine .

Comment

It sounds as though things are now more balanced and that you don't have to put your life on hold. Enjoy your time with your husband without any guilt.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
            It sounds as though things are now more balanced and that you don't have to put your life on hold. Enjoy your time with your husband without any guilt.
            yes its improved , they paid £3000 for a walk in bath and its made a huge difference for them making life so much easier and i don't have to worry about them falling now , although my dad did have a fall recently hurt his elbow and leg thankfully my cousin visiting and was able to help him up .

I'm on nanna duty for the next 4 weeks lol, my eldest has had some hardware removed from his elbow so can't change nappies or lift . Its tiring but i get to see my grandson everyday of the week and he is such a well behaved little boy for a 2 year old , love him to bits .

With my brother helping parents more now it has made life easier , me and hubby go out on his days off now and we have been enjoying time together again

we took our little grandson to the beach last Wednesday and we had a great time running away from the waves with him, building sand castles and eating ice cream , can't beat it the childish giggles , we also collected some shells and the small ones he said were baby shells ... awww

Comment

Hiya, I've followed this thread with interest, I actually believe that there becomes a point in life where suddenly the parents become the children an vice versa, my dad died 20 years ago this year, for a few years mum was great but as she got older she became cranky and obnoxious, she still drove an Astra Van up until the day she died aged 86 in 2008 and two weeks before she went she was pulled over on the A127 by a copper who told her to stop using the mobile phone and smoking whilst driving, her answer was to tell him to go get a proper job. She needed help at times, but would not give up her independence and worried the life out of me every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Sapphire View Post
                Hiya, I've followed this thread with interest, I actually believe that there becomes a point in life where suddenly the parents become the children an vice versa, my dad died 20 years ago this year, for a few years mum was great but as she got older she became cranky and obnoxious, she still drove an Astra Van up until the day she died aged 86 in 2008 and two weeks before she went she was pulled over on the A127 by a copper who told her to stop using the mobile phone and smoking whilst driving, her answer was to tell him to go get a proper job. She needed help at times, but would not give up her independence and worried the life out of me every day.

wow your mum was independent and saying that to a policeman lol ,
                My parents could have a full time carer but my mum doesn't trust anyone and to be fair i don't blame her , for as long as we can we will manage and help them .

My mum phoned this morning telling me that she has sorted the will out and that the house goes to me and my two brothers , their money also goes to us 3 her jewellery goes to me and my dads gold goes to my brothers and my husband . My dad has some beautiful rings which were his dads i know they are valuable as my granddad was a wealthy man .
                It made me rather sad hearing my mum talk about the will but it is something she needed to do

Comment

I think that as people get older they accept the inevitable with ease, sometimes even with a bit of a sense of humour, don't get upset hun, its just your parents making sure that everything is in order.

Comment

Originally posted by Sapphire View Post
                    I think that as people get older they accept the inevitable with ease, sometimes even with a bit of a sense of humour, don't get upset hun, its just your parents making sure that everything is in order.
                    i know its just strange hearing them talk about it , life goes by so quickly .

Comment

Hiya.....I'm so pleased things are getting easier for you,,
                      Regarding the Will ,,,Take it from someone who knows,,it's so much easier to have all their affairs in order,,we have been bouncing around the Probate Court for ages,,no sooner do we think it's sorted than another spanner gets thrown in the works.
                      My husband and his brother now have a very fractured and fraught relationship because of their Dads property/Will,,it wasn't what he bequeathed,,it was what he didn't (as in left out of the Will)...it's been a nightmare.

I'm 51 and my Will is all done,signed and ready to be used as soon as I pop off
                      Inca has left the building,too old to keep reading HISTORY that others keep re-writing.

I was there,,I saw what you did,saw it with my own 2 eyes.wipe off that grin,I know were you've been,it's all been a pack of lies.....(Phil Collins,Coming in the air tonight)

Comment

My Mum has left all MY jewely to my daughters!

Comment

I've told my eldest sister that if she gave me her very heavy solid gold charm bracelet that she's left me in her will..now,,she would get the pleasure of seeing me enjoy it......her reply ? 'Yeah,watching you trot to the pawn shop more like'...AS IF!!.(.I was lining up for a free weekend listing on a famous auction site)
                          Inca has left the building,too old to keep reading HISTORY that others keep re-writing.

I was there,,I saw what you did,saw it with my own 2 eyes.wipe off that grin,I know were you've been,it's all been a pack of lies.....(Phil Collins,Coming in the air tonight)

Comment

Working...
                          X