GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script My dad is really ill - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My dad is really ill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: My dad is really ill

Originally posted by JLC View Post
    8.30 is definitely too early. One of my mums friend who had Parkinson's and had carers was put to bed at 6.30. Sometimes she didn't go, so was left in her chair in the lounge. with the direct payments, you can have a family member as the carer providing they don't live with the person being cared for.

The social services should tell you about this.
    he went in another care home this afternoon its a total shit hole - stinks of piss and feces . the rooms have no tv its disgusting , they sat him in a chair and we all left the room i broke my heart but my mum says give it a chance. My friend told me get him out of there now but my mum won't she said leave it .

Comment

- I don't know what else to suggest.

Comment

You could complain about the care home and it's state.

Comment

too late now i just think my mother is glad to get rid of him - I can't bare the thought of him in that room tonight all alone he has to have company i know he won't get it . I really think he will die i know l would hes been dumped .
          I want to die its horrible .

Comment

How about taking in a radio for him to listen too?. I guess it's your mums decision unless she isn't in her right mind, butvthen you would have to prove it. All you can do now is visit him, then. I really feel for you.

Comment

I've just spoken to my friend who works for a care home and she is in charge of the night shift and she is going to see if there is a room for my dad and she said the funding will just be passed over , so fingers crossed wil know tomorrow .

Thank you for your concern and suggestions , x

Comment

I've been contacted by my niece who has a friend who works in the shit hole care home - she said its in the process of being refurbished and so doesn't look its best , the smell could have been from someone who had just had an accident ( okay benefit of the doubt) and my son just rang and was told that my dad has a one 2 one carer with him and he is in the lounge watching television . We can take him a TV in and if he wants his goldfish in there too he can have that also personal items . ,

We're going to see what happens he is there for a week and if mum doesn't think its right she is going to look for another one . It's her decision at the end of the day so we have to accept her wishes , i feel more relaxed now knowing this .x

Comment

I'm pleased it's not as bad as you thought. Keep me up to date on how he is doing. My mums had two lots of antibiotics since just before Christmas (bladder and chest). She's ok at the moment.
                  Last edited by JLC; 18 January 2017, 10:17.

Comment

JLC hope your mum starts to get better infections are common aren't they . My dad already has a cut lip from bumping into a door - i wonder how many cuts and bruises he will get this time . Not doing bad in just over a week he has bruises on both arms a cut toe and now the first night in shit hole bumps into a door and cuts his lip don't know what it looks like yet but im taking photos of the place when i visit .

Comment

That's a good thing to do. Keep a diary and photos. If you can, it might be good to ask your dad how he is feeling every day and make a note of it.

Comment

I sent an email to the company that have taken over this place and got a swift reply - they said they are in the process of refurbishing and they have to make sure the residents are not anywhere near paint or anything else they use , they said the smell yesterday was from the fire brigade who wanted the wall paper taken off the walls as it was a fire hazzard so it must have been in parts being stripped. Not sure if wallpaper smells of feces but hey i dont know.

Anyway my dad seems happy and settled in there and is eating drinking and watching tv in the lounge with the other residents. They are taking him for a body scan because they said the amount of times he has fallen they want to be sure he hasn't broken anything - they also questioned all the bruises on his arms , my mum said well i can tell you what that one is on his arm its from A&E last Friday when they were trying to take blood , they are also getting a physiotherapist in to see why he isn't walking because they said he is very strong and all his medical tests are good -heart lungs kidney liver blood works , this is all very good news and i am very pleased so far and if this is the care he is receiving then i am happy that the place is old fashioned , so we are all happy . I will be posting on another thread soon with an update on my youngest son

I will sleep well tonight x

Comment

Working...
                        X