GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Everything getting on top of me. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything getting on top of me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Everything getting on top of me.

I've looked at the link about trust funds. That's exactly what I need, and what mum was going to do in her will. If I can still put it in one and it not affect my benefits then that'd be great.

It's not that I want to have my cake and eat it with benefits, I genuinely don't trust myself to be sensible with the money. And as I've said, buying a house will save money in the long run due to not needing housing benefit. (I know no-one's said that but I wanted to make it clear anyway).

I've looked at the welfare rights one before, there's some really good info in there.

I think I need to speak to a solicitor about LPA and a trust fund, they're the people who know all the rules. Thanks so much Garlok for giving me a starting point so that I can go in with a plan, and know what questions to ask.

I know the gift tax/inheritance does matter. But they'll see it as possibly being liable for gift tax in the future, compared to definitely being liable for stamp duty now. That's a battle that can be put off for a few weeks at least until the house sale becomes imminent. Getting the probate and administration sorted is the first hurdle.

Thanks again for all your hard work, it really means a lot that at a time like this, especially given how my family are being, that a 'stranger' on the internet is prepared to put so much effort into finding out my rights.

And thanks everyone else for the support and letting me rant, you've no idea how much help you've been in my keeping my sanity! Well, what little I had to start with anyway...

Comment

You are very welcome Ames. Like I said before its what Niddy sends his press gangs out for. And he would do dreadful things to me if I didn't help (no not really)

I think most of us do have or have had some real problems hence we can pass on what we have found out to try and help others not have so much pain as we have had. There are many of us here who have had definable depression and the like illnesses as well as physical troubles. We would have wished life easier but there is much payback in helping others to get by and having things easier than we did.

Just shout, we're only clicks away if you need anything further.

Best regards
      Garlok

Comment

Got an email from the probate office today. The certificate dad gave me (after lots of begging and pleading) was the Nisi not the Absolute.

Just spoken to him, and apparantly the probate office are wrong. It is the absolute.

Then he tried saying he gave me two copies of the absolute.

Then that he gave me the nisi and absolute.

Total BS! He gave me one piece of paper, which turns out to be the Nisi.

It's so typical of him. He always has to argue everything. I've had arguments with him, then next time the subject comes up I've argued his position just for a quiet life, and he's still argued back!

Seriously, I'm worried he could be getting alzheimers or something, although he says it's because of his diabetes. That's the worst thing, he knows he's getting really argumentative but doesn't care.

Just needed to vent.

Comment

Hi Ames

can you not maybe get a copy of the Nisi and the Absolute from the court? I know more hassle which is not what you need?? Can the probabe solicitor do this for you??

xx

Comment

Does it really matter which decree was handed to the probate office?

The decree will contain a case reference number, so it should take only a minute or two for them to check. Even if - for whatever reason - they are unable to do that, it hardly seems important as, by having submitted a divorce decree to the probate office, your father has declared that he has no interest in your late mother's estate which should therefore be divided up according to the intestacy rules.

Comment

CC, yes it has to be the Absolute. No idea why. Dad's given me the court number so I can get a copy for a fiver.

Looloo, I've decided not to use a probate solicitor. After me going postal at them dad and sister have backed off and are doing what I say now.

Comment

ah Ames glad they backing down now - as this is the last thing you need

and glad you can get a copy for a fiver

good luck hun and remember we are here if and when you want to vent

xx

Comment

Good luck Ames. We're here if you need anything
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                  X